You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Yamato — Japanese Tier X battleship.

8 comments in this topic

Community Department
2,434 posts
645 battles

Yamato — Japanese Tier X battleship.

The biggest warship of World War II and the world's largest battleship. Yamato was designed around the idea that an individual ship could have superiority over any battleship of a potential enemy. Her main guns had overwhelming firepower. The ship maintained a very high level of survivability due to reliable armor and robust torpedo protection. Yamato’s AA capabilities were highly efficient due to carrying numerous AA artillery guns.
Yamato_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of battleships.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

Beta Testers
1,480 posts

It should have AA shells for primary guns too then.

...and its HE shells should have the highest damage of any BB shell..they be 18" no?

[1RD]
Members
65 posts
6,030 battles

Merry Christmas all,

As a gift to myself, I spent some doubloons to convert some Free XP to finally add Mighty Yamato to my port. I played her quite a bit on the Public Test server, and fell in love with her.

I don’t have the 6 million credits yet to afford all her modules yet, but when I get there, they will look like this:

Slot 1: Main Armaments Mod 1

Slot 2: Damage Control Mod 1

Slot 3: Seondary Battery Mod 2

Slot 4: Steering Gears Mod 2

Slot 5: Concealment Mod 2

Slot 6: AA Guns Mod 3

I’m hoping to make her a brawling/plane swatting hybrid.

[STP]
Members
290 posts
9,471 battles
On 12/25/2018 at 12:49 PM, HMCS_Moncton said:

Slot 1: Principais Armamentos Mod 1 (or Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1, especially if you use Yamamoto's PM skill)

Slot 2: Mod de Controle de Danos 1

Slot 3: Bateria Secundária Mod 2 (Aiming Systems Modification 1 is also a good choice, but with the imminence of CV-Rework, AA Guns Modification 2 can also be a good)

Slot 4: Steering Gears Mod 2 (or Damage Control System Modification 2 if you like more tank)

Slot 5: Ocultação Mod 2

Slot 6: AA Guns Mod 3 (to the post-Rework can be a good, but you have to consider the Japanese does not have an AA of respect, Main Battery Modification 3 is normally used in this slot)

only one thing, due to the citadel above the waterline and its octagonal shape, that any BB (and some CAs) will penetrate in short distances, Yamato is not recommended to assume a role of brawler...

Edited by xavier_556

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,057 posts
4,945 battles
34 minutes ago, xavier_556 said:

only one thing, due to the citadel above the waterline and its octagonal shape, that any BB (and some CAs) will penetrate in short distances, Yamato is not recommended to assume a role of brawler...

Since he plays mainly co op, it's perfectly fine to do a brawling role in a Yamato as that's where most of the damage comes from.

[STP]
Members
290 posts
9,471 battles

Well, I did not consider that, but even so, investing in AA instead of DPM seems like a bad choice to me in Slot 6 ...

Members
1 post
81 battles

it would have been better in my opinion if that had the musashi in here kind of sad that shes more known atleast from what I hear.