Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Possible to blacklist players?

8 comments in this topic

[PT]
Members
762 posts
2,722 battles

I recently started playing after a long break, not having a really good return run so it's making me a bit frustrated.. 

Anyway a earlier game our top BB (a North Carolina) for whatever idiot reason decided to rush the middle all by himself with no friends nearby, needless to say he died really quickly in a hail of torpedos. With the loss of our only tier 8 BB we lost the game badly. 

Been a free game you have to expect a certain quota of [edited] players but the very next game this nub was on my team again, top tier BB. Game starts and again this clown rushes a cap all by himself and promptly dies with zero contribution to the game. I question his tactics and he just replies 'lol yolo rush'  Also resulting in another 1 sided annihilation. 

Made me think it would be fantastic if you could select players to put in a black list, maybe limited to only 5-10 places and the server would then reduce the chances of them been on your team. If players were particularly stupid or annoying and most players used this feature after a few months they would be confined to just playing with their own people. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
12,798 posts

Nope this would be easily abused. Want to make sure your div doesn't get paired with the best players on at a particular moment? Put them on your blacklist etc etc. Would also really gum up the queue and MM and promotes toxic elitism.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
3,789 posts
16,190 battles
1 hour ago, LunchCutter said:

I recently started playing after a long break, not having a really good return run so it's making me a bit frustrated.. 

Anyway a earlier game our top BB (a North Carolina) for whatever idiot reason decided to rush the middle all by himself with no friends nearby, needless to say he died really quickly in a hail of torpedos. With the loss of our only tier 8 BB we lost the game badly. 

Been a free game you have to expect a certain quota of [edited] players but the very next game this nub was on my team again, top tier BB. Game starts and again this clown rushes a cap all by himself and promptly dies with zero contribution to the game. I question his tactics and he just replies 'lol yolo rush'  Also resulting in another 1 sided annihilation. 

Made me think it would be fantastic if you could select players to put in a black list, maybe limited to only 5-10 places and the server would then reduce the chances of them been on your team. If players were particularly stupid or annoying and most players used this feature after a few months they would be confined to just playing with their own people. 

No.........  Even reporting is abused.

What you are seeing is WG changing the entire market towards the Arcade FPS side to bring back the 16-24 year olds that have left because the game is too boring....  Space, amine, school, radar and the proliferation of high volume gun boats is all geared towards that segment and away from this historical and vastly slower "role based" tactical game.....

The kiddies have won and we are headed towards an arena, arcade style FPS that caters to solo efforts and allows FFA's without roles..........that is the current market and sadly, WG is steering towards those harbors....

• Cool 1

Members
19 posts
6 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

The kiddies have won and we are headed towards an arena, arcade style FPS that caters to solo efforts and allows FFA's without roles..........that is the current market and sadly, WG is steering towards those harbors....

At least until the cash flow from the old gray whales dries up.

The same can be said about the sky cancer "rework".

A larger player base is one thing. A profitable player base is something different.

Members
269 posts
4,128 battles
26 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

No.........  Even reporting is abused.

What you are seeing is WG changing the entire market towards the Arcade FPS side to bring back the 16-24 year olds that have left because the game is too boring....  Space, amine, school, radar and the proliferation of high volume gun boats is all geared towards that segment and away from this historical and vastly slower "role based" tactical game.....

I don't exactly see what the second and third paragraph really have to do with an MM black list.

That being said, blacklisting particular players, especially top tier CVs currently, might just break matchmaking utterly.

Community Department
3,294 posts
1,296 battles
3 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

Made me think it would be fantastic if you could select players to put in a black list, maybe limited to only 5-10 places and the server would then reduce the chances of them been on your team. If players were particularly [edited] or annoying and most players used this feature after a few months they would be confined to just playing with their own people. 

I understand your mood about unsuccessful actions of other players. But there is no place here for insults and hate speech. Remember that it's a game and everybody makes mistakes from time to time. We don't plan to make similar mechanics for matchmaker. 
Maybe it would be better to ask for cooperation to increase chance to win than to block players and lose any possibility to interact?

I lock the topic to prevent violations.