Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

Republic's st***d citadel -> how to hit it?

15 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,555 posts
3,311 battles

In a Gk especially. I had one random cit go at an angle in. And got nothing for 3 full salvos broadside. 

Also, ew adding more lines with impervious citadels. 

How do you hit it with GK?

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,386 posts
5,639 battles
20 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

aim at/below the waterline?

youd have to hit the water and hope is goes under the main belt...which is pretty deep

[FAE]
Members
2,555 posts
3,311 battles
9 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Aim like if it was a Montana

Its definitely not the same as Montana. That's much easier. 

32 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

aim at/below the waterline?

Do you really mean needs underwater plunge? 

Or is it not clear that different methods are required here than normal? Because, obviously, your comment is obviously redundant. 

Members
4,302 posts
11 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Or is it not clear that different methods are required here than normal? Because, obviously, your comment is obviously redundant. 

https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/pfsb110

take your time, there are weaknesses. Be sure to use the zoom function (some armour details are invisble unless you zoom inside the ship structure. Notable weakness to the citadel is its rear (60mm) Hope that helps/

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Members
320 posts
6,401 battles

The Republique turtleback and space armor means you got to be less than 6 km to hit citadel, I tested it a lot in training room with my Yamato.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,375 posts
14,090 battles
43 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

5 minutes ago, RadDisconnect said:

They're not comparable. :Smile_amazed:

I scored several citadel on République with my Yammy while as if it was a Montana. Both Republique and Montana have low citadel.

[-KIA-]
Members
320 posts
6,401 battles
Just now, AlcatrazNC said:

I scored several citadel on République with my Yammy while as if it was a Montana. Both Republique and Montana have low citadel.

Republique is only reliable to citadel at close range under 6 km when broadside, Montana I can citadel from close range to more than 15 km. When angled or bow on you can get cit on both Montana and Republique but it's inconsistent. Montana has not turtleback and citadel is same height as NC and Alabama, not low like RN BBs.

From easiest to hardest to citadel it goes Yamato > Montana > Republique >>> Conqueror = GK

Alpha Tester
4,281 posts
6,174 battles

Aim under the main battery turrets, the ship is narrower there. The issue isn't so much the turtleback as the combination of a heavy inclined armor plate and significant gap before the citadel space, Republique's citadel is not actually particularly low in the ship.

[PVE]
Members
11,261 posts
21,667 battles
1 hour ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Right. The aim point is the same. Republique is just much harder to actually get a citadel on than Montana. MUCH harder!

Alpha Tester
4,281 posts
6,174 battles

I really just want longer fuses on battleships- I mean cruisers complain about being smashed by BB too easily, and BB complains about unhittable citadels, and this is the solution to both problems so why can't we just have it?

Sign in to follow this