You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Marines

Would love to see WG providing a basic Russian lesson to help understand what Dasha is saying

23 comments in this topic

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

(I will not make a Marines joke.  I will not make a Marines joke.  I will not make a Marines joke.)

Basic Russian

(Muscles Are Required, Intelligence Not Essential)

[RKLES]
Members
12,132 posts
13,793 battles

Ok could not resist proving some assistance with your Russian lesson, so searched YouTube and found you the much needed help...

• Funny 1

Members
1,592 posts
4,366 battles

I grabbed a British Dasha for Leander...and, maybe another RN cruiser sometime.  She's pleasing to the ear for sure.  Russian is a beautiful language in general, I think.  It's a nice contrast to the German and Japanese my captains usually speak.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[PDCB]
Members
386 posts
7,647 battles
3 hours ago, _Marines said:

Wouldn't it be nice? Like a short YouTube video.

It would be a looong video (all the voice recording has about 10 min length), it would be much easier if they just write the exact words that Dasha speaks. By the way, she speaks the same phrases as the other Russian/Soviet commanders. Take a look on this Youtube video with the Russian voices used on the game (it`s old, from update 0.5.9)

[A-I-M]
Members
2,683 posts
12,337 battles
5 hours ago, _Marines said:

Wouldn't it be nice? Like a short YouTube video.

WG doesn't do jack for good tutorials in English! 

One for Russian? Nyet!!

If you have complaint - Gulag!

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,043 posts
7,683 battles

As others have pointed out there are simply too many phrases to put them all into text, but I do speak Russian and can transliterate some of of the more common phrases. If there are any specific phrases you want written out, just ask me and I can try and transliterate them for you.

Boi nachinayetsya!: The battle is starting 
Ya vizhu (avianosets, linkor, kreisor, esminyets) protivnika: I see an enemy (aircraft carrier, battleship, cruiser, destroyer)
Tarpedy pryama po kursu:  Torpedos dead ahead 
Tarpedy (sleva, prava) po kursu:  Torpedoes (to the left, to the right)
Nasha komanda paluchila priyemushistva:  Our team has the advantage 
Komanda protivnika paluchila priyemushistva:  The enemy team has the advantage
Yablochka!:  Bull's Eye!  (Note, literally translates as "an apple") 
Yest' probitye:  There's a hit
Prabitye podtverzhdayu:  Hit confirmed 
Metka popadaniya:  An accurate hit
(Avianosets, linkor, kreisor, esminyets) protivnika unichtozhen!:  An enemy (CV, BB, cruiser, DD) has been destroyed! 
Vrazheskiy (avianosets, linkor, kreisor, esminyets) potoplen:  An enemy (CV, BB, cruiser, DD) has been sunk! 

*Please note that not all of the phases are transliterated to reflect correct spelling.  I changed letters here and there so the words would read as they are pronounced rather than as they are written to make it easier on english readers.   

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 5

[DOW]
Members
870 posts
5,611 battles
3 hours ago, yashma said:

As others have pointed out there are simply too many phrases to put them all into text, but I do speak Russian and can transliterate some of of the more common phrases. If there are any specific phrases you want written out, just ask me and I can try and transliterate them for you.

Boi nachinayetsya!: The battle is starting 
Ya vizhu (avianosets, linkor, kreisor, esminyets) protivnika: I see an enemy (aircraft carrier, battleship, cruiser, destroyer)
Tarpedy pryama po kursu:  Torpedos dead ahead 
Tarpedy (sleva, prava) po kursu:  Torpedoes (to the left, to the right)
Nasha komanda paluchila priyemushistva:  Our team has the advantage 
Komanda protivnika paluchila priyemushistva:  The enemy team has the advantage
Yablochka!:  Bull's Eye!  (Note, literally translates as "an apple") 
Yest' probitye:  There's a hit
Prabitye podtverzhdayu:  Hit confirmed 
Metka popadaniya:  An accurate hit
(Avianosets, linkor, kreisor, esminyets) protivnika unichtozhen!:  An enemy (CV, BB, cruiser, DD) has been destroyed! 
Vrazheskiy (avianosets, linkor, kreisor, esminyets) potoplen:  An enemy (CV, BB, cruiser, DD) has been sunk! 

*Please note that not all of the phases are transliterated to reflect correct spelling.  I changed letters here and there so the words would read as they are pronounced rather than as they are written to make it easier on english readers.   

^OMG I love I love!!!!:Smile_medal:

• Cool 1

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,030 posts
3,197 battles

The only ones that really matter to me pertain to the whereabouts of torpedoes...:Smile_hiding:

[SIMP]
Members
1,430 posts

Subtitles would be really nice, not just for Dasha, but for the Anime girls and all the commanders who speak in their native language when you have National voices enabled.

[GTF]
Members
216 posts
10,840 battles

I'd like to see Dasha captains speak ENGLISH to English speakers..........not helpful to BUY or EARN something that you can't understand during game play.....like the insane little girl voices on the Azur Lane captains... useless in game play.... and I shudder to think of who would be entertained by little girl voices that they can't understand ...

They have voice overs on the WG videos...why not in the game............ and yes I know you can tweak it ..for each ship....to talk in the language of the ship's nation....

t

• Cool 1

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,380 posts
5,634 battles
13 hours ago, Harv72b said:

(I will not make a Marines joke.  I will not make a Marines joke.  I will not make a Marines joke.)

Basic Russian

(Muscles Are Required, Intelligence Not Essential)

13 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Rosetta Stone language made  easy

I would consider my knowledge of russian intermediate. a basic video would certainly not tell you what shes saying (i have trouble translating from RU streamers as is).

rosetta stone will take a long time, and ive found it gives you a very weak base to learn from. How can you learn a language without understanding the mechanics behind the language? its good for vocab and phrases, but it doesnt give you the tools to form your own phrases. nor does it help you pronounce things accurately 

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,116 battles

Never mind Dasha, can someone translate for my Isokoru cat captain?

I need to know what "no,no,no,no,no,no,noooooooooooooooo!" Means.

Its the only thing it says, am I on fire, ir are there torps coming?

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
4,861 battles

Clearly people does not play with national voiceovers...it only takes familiarity with the game to comprehend what the heck is going on.

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,116 battles
1 minute ago, pyantoryng said:

Does she sounds the same as the regular Russian voiceover?

No it's her voice.

[WOLF5]
Members
760 posts
15,951 battles

I think this touches on something that a lot of us are interested in: that is learning a bit about other cultures while we play. 

The xenophobia on the forums gets a bit annoying, and I am glad to see someone opening this up and getting a conversation going. 

[_FOG_]
[_FOG_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
431 posts
2,671 battles

lol since i am hearing impaired the language matters not to me .

The only thing i can " hear " in game are the sound affects of the guns .

So a pretty Captain that speaks only Russian ? sure why not !

i'd rather her than a salty John Doe any day !  rofl.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,057 posts
5,697 battles

I picked up Dasha for my RN roll-out.  Ran through to Emerald with her.   I really didn't think I would mind the language issue.   I was wrong.    Haven't pulled her out yet, But I guess I probably will soon.    I knew what I was getting so ..live and learn.