You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
eztripp238

A [edited] Dasha is bad

77 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
3,195 battles

Why does WG think it is a good idea to have made a Captain available for different countries ships that can't speak the language of that country ?? Does anyone really think any country has Naval Commanders that give orders to their crew in a foreign language ??? I Bought 2 of the Dasha Captains to get 10 point Captains for ships I had moved my Commanders up from but wanted to keep. Surprisingly when I asked WOWS how to change the voice from Russian to English for my Nicholas they told me I could change it in settings. WHICH YOU CAN NOT DO . All the voice options just add irritating and silly voiced or rude as far as NUKEM goes voices but none give battle info. You still get the Russian battle info which for those that don't speak Russian is totally useless. Everyone says well when she speaks look around and see what she is talking about. Doing that gives a huge advantage to people that can speak Russian. If you are in a gun fight and she speaks to say you are on fire and you have to look around in case she may have said " Torpedoes to Starboard" you will probably lose the gun fight and if you don't look around it will more than likely be torpedoes. For all you know she may have said she just spotted a cruiser on the horizon and there you are taking your eyes off a firing enemy ship to look for other possible problems. It can't be that hard to override her voice in settings. Make the game fair to all players not just the RU players. Or allow modders to create mods if your people are to lazy to do it. It is only fair that all players from all countries understand their commander and not just Russian players.

Edited by turbo07
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 25

Members
3,679 posts
8,011 battles

Playerbase:"We want Dasha on me ship!"
WG:"But she only speaks Russian..."
Playerbase:"We don't care! We want our youtube waifu!" *casts heavy vote in youtube comments*
WG:"Ok fine you got it"
Playerbase:"wth why she speaks only Russian?"
WG:"..."

Edited by The_first_harbinger
  • Cool 15
  • Funny 10

[SIM]
Members
4,676 posts
7,770 battles

The Russian lady speaks Russian, how terrible. Seriously, sometimes this forum is enough to make a person crave a mass extinction event.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 12

[13CLM]
Members
472 posts
3,286 battles

I like her, have the USN, French, German, Russian, British copies. It was nice to get a bunch of cheap 10P captains.

Edited by Markk9
  • Cool 2

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles
10 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

The Russian lady speaks Russian, how terrible. Seriously, sometimes this forum is enough to make a person crave a mass extinction event.

+ 1 for you!

It really amazes me the stuff people find to whine and complain about.

Members
4 posts
3,195 battles

I didn't buy it for the pretty pix I bought it to get the 10 perks. My complaint is that NO country in the world would give orders to the crew of a war ship in a foreign language. If the logic escapes you then there is nothing I can say to make you see reason.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 9

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,851 battles
31 minutes ago, eztripp238 said:

Why does WG think it is a good idea to have made a Captain available for different countries ships that can't speak the language of that country ?? Does anyone really think any country has Naval Commanders that give orders to their crew in a foreign language ??? I Bought 2 of the Dasha Captains to get 10 point Captains for ships I had moved my Commanders up from but wanted to keep. Surprisingly when I asked WOWS how to change the voice from Russian to English for my Nicholas they told me I could change it in settings. WHICH YOU CAN NOT DO . All the voice options just add irritating and silly voiced or rude as far as NUKEM goes voices but none give battle info. You still get the Russian battle info which for those that don't speak Russian is totally useless. Everyone says well when she speaks look around and see what she is talking about. Doing that gives a huge advantage to people that can speak Russian. If you are in a gun fight and she speaks to say you are on fire and you have to look around in case she may have said " Torpedoes to Starboard" you will probably lose the gun fight and if you don't look around it will more than likely be torpedoes. For all you know she may have said she just spotted a cruiser on the horizon and there you are taking your eyes off a firing enemy ship to look for other possible problems. It can't be that hard to override her voice in settings. Make the game fair to all players not just the RU players. Or allow modders to create mods if your people are to lazy to do it. It is only fair that all players from all countries understand their commander and not just Russian players.

You do realize by Criticizing the Beautiful Russian Goddess Dasha you have just sent your Algorithm for lack of a better term... to the toilet 

Wows please note 

Dasha is Perfect!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[THREE]
Members
2,308 posts
12,426 battles

Hey

Some people can't grasp the concept that She is Russian and maybe knows a little English BUT who would have thought that she can't speak fluently in 6 or 7 different languages, really!  Oh, and did I mention it's a free to play Russian game, that is very well done in most aspects.

Pete 

[WOLFG]
Members
27,162 posts
7,261 battles
16 minutes ago, eztripp238 said:

I didn't buy it for the pretty pix I bought it to get the 10 perks. 

Did you get what you paid for?

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
2,901 battles
45 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Agreed.

Though nothings helped me learn Russian better than this game, and listening to Dasha.. <3

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,869 battles

@eztripp238 when they speak English do you even pay attention? I don't since the pixel commanders are just that pixels! I and you also command the ship! So get over it!

[RST]
Members
101 posts
16,249 battles

The Dasha Captains are simply a gimmick that the large majority of the player base will enjoy. As far as her language... as said before... She speaks Russian. Why make her something she's not. She is a novelty Captain and also as said before a inexpensive ( I'd never call Dasha Cheap) way to have 10 point captains across the Nationalities.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
27,162 posts
7,261 battles
53 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Some people can't grasp the concept that She is Russian and maybe knows a little English BUT who would have thought that she can't speak fluently in 6 or 7 different languages, really!  

To be fair, it would have been a neat touch to have her do the lines in the different languages, and not so difficult, (after all, I only speak English, but I can say a smattering of phrases in a foreign language) but it's more something that would be cool if it happened, rather than something bad because it didn't.

And as far as not understanding the warnings, it's something you can assimilate.

I mean, how many people had to, when playing something other than US/British forces, had to look at the chat in BF1942 to see whether that teammate had hotkeyed a request for a ride, or had spotted an enemy tank? You don't need to learn the words, just the sound of the phrase.

For example, when a teammate on a German team requested a ride, I had no idea what the actual words were, I just knew that when I heard what sounded like, "there's no such thing as alcohol Jim", I was going to pick somebody up.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Funny 2

Members
1,215 posts
3,177 battles

I'm sure WG doesn't think it's economical to spend money on Dasha's language lessons and I'm sure Dasha isn't interested in putting in a ton of effort to record some voiceovers. I don't mind her speaking russian, she has a nice voice. 

• Cool 2

[4HIM]
Members
2,910 posts
11,281 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

The Sweet Meteor Of Death Just Missed Earth On September 6 ...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,631 posts
10,535 battles
1 hour ago, eztripp238 said:

I didn't buy it for the pretty pix I bought it to get the 10 perks. My complaint is that NO country in the world would give orders to the crew of a war ship in a foreign language. If the logic escapes you then there is nothing I can say to make you see reason.

My complaint is that you're still posting, despite the overwhelming evidence in your thread that nobody cares.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
Members
6,722 posts
12,789 battles

I'll bet Alena speaks English...

Where are our Alena Captains !!!!!

(You know...  The Russians had to put up with Steven Seagall......)

Edited by AVR_Project

Members
14 posts
92 battles

Well.. Azure Lane's Enterprise only speak Japanese.

And there is still no Azure Lane captain for IJN.

HSF Graf Spee's captain speaks Japanese not German.

If Wargaming made available the Orange Cat as captain? Will she speak "Meow! Meow! Meow! for ""Torpedoes Ahead!" 

LOL :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[X-PN]
Members
9,129 posts
10,609 battles
1 hour ago, eztripp238 said:

Well, it's an arcade game, not historical reality. If my logic escapes you, there's nothing I can say to help you see reason.