CrackinTracks

New(ish) here, need some advice

17 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
902 battles

Hey all, so ill TL;DR this. WoT on the console went absolutely bonkers in the balance department and basically killed off the game. Fast forward two weeks and me and a few clan mates are trying out WoWs. Watched a ton of Flamu and PeaceKeeper vids and got sort of oriented to the game but still lacking in the map knowledge and experience part. I wanna get as good at this as we were at WoT and get involved in the community but it seems like all the BBs wanna do is max range snipe and nobody moves father than a quarter of the map away from where they spawn and get insta deleted before the 4-6 min mark. Any advice to a few new players would be greatly appreciated. FYI one of us is going down IJN BB, the other IJN cruiser and myself in the USN BB and Soviet Cruisers.

[RKLES]
Members
12,093 posts
13,750 battles

First off welcome to WOWs and the WOWs Forum! :Smile_honoring:

And BBs don’t always stay max range, yes you have some cowardly ones that are clueless about moving in, but many of us love brawling in BBs. You will find the German BBs to be quite pleasant inthe brawling debarment since the close they get the stronger their armor gets, and their weapons are well suited to mid range and close range fights.

IJN BBs and CAs are good lines as well and currently working on finishing up the French BBs at moment which has been another nice line.

My adivice on the cruisers though is play BBs and Destroyers to start with, then work on cruiser lines since many cruisers are like an in between class between those 2 classes and you need to know both gun handling and Torp Aiming, and CAs are unforgiving way to learn those things to start with. I myself struggled getting into mid tier cruisers until I got more practice in BBs and DDs then I got good with cruisers after that.

( And if you are ever in the mood for tank combat again try WOT Blitz, Wargaming can’t go as crazy with that version and has stood up really well and many tankers that needed to leave WOT console and PC often go to the Blitz version and like it. For example Wargaming will Never  add Artillery to Blitz that was stated up front and they tell anyone who asks for Arty the same answer.)

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

Members
6 posts
902 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

First off welcome to WOWs and the WOWs Forum! :Smile_honoring:

And BBs don’t always stay max range, yes you have some cowardly ones that are clueless about moving in, but many of us love brawling in BBs. You will find the German BBs to be quite pleasant inthe brawling debarment since the close they get the stronger their armor gets, and their weapons are well suited to mid range and close range fights.

IJN BBs and CAs are good lines as well and currently working on finishing up the French BBs at moment which has been another nice line.

My adivice on the cruisers though is play BBs and Destroyers to start with, then work on cruiser lines since many cruisers are like an in between class between those 2 classes and you need to know both gun handling and Torp Aiming, and CAs are unforgiving way to learn those things to start with. I myself struggled getting into mid tier cruisers until I got more practice in BBs and DDs then I got good with cruisers after that.

( And if you are ever in the mood for tank combat again try WOT Blitz, Wargaming can’t go as crazy with that version and has stood up really well and many tankers that needed to leave WOT console and PC often go to the Blitz version and like it. For example Wargaming will Never  add Artillery to Blitz that was stated up front and they tell anyone who asks for Arty the same answer.)

Thanks Admiral, I actually got my start on WoWs blitz and made it to the Buddy and the NM during my work trips. I have the Kirov and the NM now on PC and im loving the armor layout on her. I love getting up in faces and so far have torn up a few T7 cruisers and wrecked a Massachusetts that took me for granted. Unfortunately ive been abandoned quite a few times in it and the NY when red boats showed up. For some reason people refuse to stick in and fight it out, but maybe its just my new-ness and willingness to tank combined with my experience playing competitive in WoT and pushing anovermatch biting me in the bum. Any special secret to realizing when its time to turn n burn as opposed to sticking in there? I feel like turning and kiting away just prolongs the inevitable 

[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles
29 minutes ago, CrackinTracks said:

Any special secret to realizing when its time to turn n burn as opposed to sticking in there?

Usually, when you are abandoned by your team, then its time to *ahem* tactical retreat, at least thats what I do. Be careful, though. If you expose your broadside while turning you can get hit with some serious damage in a short time.

Also, friendly tip, please note that cruisers and destroyers will take serious damage in the open, so they kinda require some islands to do their job well and survive, so don't try and push to open water with them and expect full support. You have to remember, not everything is as tanky as a battleship.

That said, welcome to the WoWS forums! o7

Members
6 posts
902 battles

Thanks so far guys, its nice to see some vets not being as toxic as WoT has been. As for helping the Cruisers and Destroyers that's what I try to do each game, I take the hits and soften em up so hopefully they can HE spam/torp for the cleanups. As for the "tactical retreat" usually I will wait til the biggest gun takes a pot shot at me then turn, thankfully the NM turns on a dime and makes life easy. Absolutely in love with the armor on this, just went bow on fight in a corridor with the T7 brit BB and broke both his forward guns and wiped him up. Im loving the gameplay so far though, got a lot to learn but im getting the hang of it game by game

[TBW]
Members
9,739 posts
16,517 battles
17 minutes ago, CrackinTracks said:

Any general rules of thumb for BB play besides the obv don't give broadside and shoot for cits every time?

Know your shell velocities, they change from ship to ship and even ammo type on a single ship. Some of them are vastly different from AP to HE.

[WORX]
Members
9,485 posts
17,499 battles
1 hour ago, CrackinTracks said:

but it seems like all the BBs wanna do is max range snipe and nobody moves father than a quarter of the map away from where they spawn and get insta deleted before the 4-6 min mark.

I would suggest that BBs in WOWS are like the Artillery Tanks of WOT. the BB class only gets worse the higher tier you go. Depending on your play style you will love the passive meta of tier 10 OR you will love the diversity and aggressive play style of the mid tiers.

To expand on your Youtube viewing I do recommend FLambass, Flamu, Mighty Jingles, Nozoupforyou, Ichase, Notser.

Just with these allstars players in Youtube, you will get a since of the great game that is WOWS.

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,847 battles
2 hours ago, CrackinTracks said:

Hey all, so ill TL;DR this. WoT on the console went absolutely bonkers in the balance department and basically killed off the game. Fast forward two weeks and me and a few clan mates are trying out WoWs. Watched a ton of Flamu and PeaceKeeper vids and got sort of oriented to the game but still lacking in the map knowledge and experience part. I wanna get as good at this as we were at WoT and get involved in the community but it seems like all the BBs wanna do is max range snipe and nobody moves father than a quarter of the map away from where they spawn and get insta deleted before the 4-6 min mark. Any advice to a few new players would be greatly appreciated. FYI one of us is going down IJN BB, the other IJN cruiser and myself in the USN BB and Soviet Cruisers.

If you want to be good at the game be prepared for the long haul grind , there’s a lot to this game that doesn’t at first glance meet the eye

, weather you play Battleships Cruisers or Destroyers .. CVs  it’s all about fun

try not to focus to much on your win loose rates cause a lot of it is luck of draw with teams 

welcome goodluck have fun

Members
6 posts
902 battles
10 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I would suggest that BBs in WOWS are like the Artillery Tanks of WOT. the BB class only gets worse the higher tier you go. Depending on your play style you will love the passive meta of tier 10 OR you will love the diversity and aggressive play style of the mid tiers.

To expand on your Youtube viewing I do recommend FLambass, Flamu, Mighty Jingles, Nozoupforyou, Ichase, Notser.

Just with these allstars players in Youtube, you will get a since of the great game that is WOWS.

I've watched most of those except for notser, its all great material. I feel like my main weakness right now is positioning. I can see everything happening and react to it accordingly but it seems like my initial out of spawn movement is never right. As for mid vs high tier its the same in WoT really, im a more active player so I think ill hang at mid tier until I have a real good understanding and awareness. Its kind of a bummer that theyre campy, I love the brawling and angling aspect

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,147 posts
13,985 battles
42 minutes ago, CrackinTracks said:

Any general rules of thumb for BB play besides the obv don't give broadside and shoot for cits every time?

When playing BB's a good thing to remember is, some have torpedoes. So if getting in close for a slug fest both main and 2ndaries be advised.

The Japanese T6 Mutsu and T8 Kii and the German T7 Gneisenau, T7 Scharnhorst, T8 Tirpitz have torpedoes. 

Also to keep in mind a few battleships have the ability to citadel you even if you are giving angle on bow. The British T6 Warspite, and Japanese T9 Musashi and T10 Yamato.

[C-1]
Members
438 posts
8,687 battles

Rule #1: Know your Ship

All ships have a specific playstyle. A few are multi-faceted and can do a bit of both, but generally every nation has their own "unique" capabilities.

Cruisers, Destroyers, and Battleships all have a specific field that they excel in and a field that they don't do so well in. CV's are getting a rework so... don't bother with them until after it's done.

Russian: All of their Cruisers and most of their DD's are long-range gunships. You've got a split in the Russian DD line that gives one line better torps, but in general, they are all gunboats and should be used at range.

US: Cruisers are a mixed bag of tricks with several quirks that you can only work out with experience (or that I could put down here by filling up a entire page of dialogue). They are the best line for Anti-air defense and more or less strictly close-support, even with the Heavy and Light cruiser split, they all play about the same. One of their most unique characteristics are the ballistics on their projectiles; they fly high and take forever to reach a target, but this means that you can fire over islands and obstructions far easier than most other nations ships <will take time to get use to them. US DD's are torpedo boats first and foremost with the capability to defend themselves and act as gunboats at close-range. The US BB's vary wildly from tiers 5-7 but at tier 8 become good mid-range (15km) vessels with decent stealth and frontal tanking, but terrible side armor.

Japanese: BB's are long-range snipers. They sit in the back and hit things from afar. Their cruisers are generally tankier than most others (does not mean "show your broadside") and have decent guns. They are best used to kite enemies and fire from range (or as far as you can get away with). Their DD's are strictly torpedo boats up until they split. The split at tier 8 introduces a gunboat line which is on par with the Russians.

French: This line is easy enough to understand and work with. Every cruiser is a upgrade of the previous cruiser. They are ranged, general purpose combat ships with well-rounded features. The Battleships are some of the best in the game with accurate long-range guns for the most part and at tier 8 some of the best secondary guns in the game. Placement for these is as far as you can accurately hit the enemy.

German: Their DD's are tough but difficult to place. They are equal parts gunboat and torpedo boat with a capacity leaning towards a anti-DD role. Will take a bit of practice to truly understand their DD's purpose and playstyle. Their Cruisers are typically Kiting ships. Like the Japanese and Russians, you can sit at range and engage targets effectively and it is often best to do so rather than get close. Their BB's on the other hand are the complete opposite. The closer you get the better. For a German BB, the closer you get to your enemy (as long as it doesn't have torps) the more dangerous your BB becomes. They are the true brawlers of all the BB's. <tier 8, go with a secondary and survival build.

British: Their cruisers are Destroyers with Citadels. if you get spotted, you will be punished severely and staying alive long in a game requires that you play stealthily or die. Brightside is, they have the capacity to deal crazy damage against enemies not paying attention and showing their broadside. You'll have to get close, but you have access to smoke to help you stay alive. Painful learning curve, but worth it. Their BB's are... not all that special. They have amazing HE shells and using anything else is hard to sell. Probably my least favorite line but they are simple overall. Not winning any awards on bouncing AP shells but they are also mid-range ships (same as the US BB's).

Pan-Asian: Their DD's are all over the board but mostly torpedo boats that can only target Cruisers, BB's, and CV's. This means that you will be at a disadvantage against enemy DD's (who's torps can actually hit and kill you). What this means is that you also need to treat it as a gunboat. Luckily, it does this job well too. By all accounts, they are the same as the US DD's but with "special" torps.

Rule #2: Know your shells

AP and HE are good for two different things. AP deals instant direct damage with the golden chance of hitting a ships Citadel. <YOU WANT to hit the enemies citadel. But they also have the greatest chances of bouncing which deals no damage what so ever. The US Cruisers (and I think German and/or British Cruisers) have better AP damage potential. British only because the only option is AP. Wait for a target to get careless and aim for the sides near the waterline. Then let a rip. Anytime during a match, if you have AP loaded and you see a enemy ship showing off their sides to you, go for that one if you can hit it.

HE on the other hand deals reliable damage on parts of a enemy ship that don't just shatter our bounce them and have the added benefit of causing fires and taking out ship modules. It's the round that you will want to use as a Default until a enemy shows you their sides. It can destroy a enemies AA guns and Secondary guns; which help DD's and CV's get closer and deal damage of their own. And the fires are a continuous damage over time that is very effective in scaring enemy BB's off or just killing them out right. Hint: If you are continuously bouncing AP rounds, switch to HE and aim for the superstructure of a enemy ship.

Rule #3: Pick Captain Skills that are going to enhance your ship and playstyle the most

Since each ship class and specific nation has their own unique setup and characteristics. It is sometimes best to pick captain skills to further enhance these aspects. Example: German BB's are masters of close-combat and come equipped with hydro consumable. Any skill that enhances its secondary guns and ability to detect torps is going to be of great use to you. Conversely, the Japanese BB's are best used at range. This means that a similar build isn't going to be seeing as much use.

This leads to another part of captain skills; which allow you to customize how you utilize your ship on the map. If you want to play your Yamato or any other ship in close combat, upgrading their secondary's is highly advised.

NOTE: have a plan for your ships captain. You only get 19 pts to spend on skills. But it will certainly take time to get them. Make sure the skills you get first are the most important ones you need. For the US Light cruisers I highly advise picking up IFHE as your first LV 4 skill IF you want to have improved damage output. If you want improved survivability, pick Concealment.

Rule #4: Play multiple classes of ships and different nations; also take a little bit of time to look up the stats on said ships

The more you know about your own ship and the rest of the ships in the game, the more you know about your enemies. If you are playing a DD and you have experience in US cruisers, then you know exactly what and how those US cruisers radar works. It helps you to figure out a way to counter it. The more you know about the enemies capabilities, their weaknesses and strengths, you have a better chance of defeating them.

Rule #5: Communicate and "try" to work as a team

It's a gamble and hard to believe, but informing allies of what your plans are actually helps sometimes. Be prepared to deal with idiots in chat and don't get suckered into a troll-off in the chat bar, but do try to support the team. Also, don't be afraid to try someone else's ideas... Had a game on Two Brother's map where 3 of my allies went down the middle. Normally, this is a crappy idea and not smart at all. But since there was no support on the left and I was sure this was a loss anyways, I decided to follow. Low and behold, it was a bad idea. All 3 of them that ran into the enemy at their base died but as they were being shot, I sped full-speed out of the canyon and started blasting away at the distracted (broadside) enemies with my US AP. Caught the enemy by surprise and ultimately, though we all died, it was enough of a distraction for the rest of the team to push up and win.

Rule #6: Try to have fun.

Not always easy to do sometimes and you will eventually hit a losing streak. Just take a break or throw your hands up in disbelief and yolo in a few matches until you've released your pent up aggression. Don't expect any form of sympathy if you start railing on the chat board or forums. Vent, if you must, but keep it constructive... or at least entertaining.

[RKLES]
Members
12,093 posts
13,750 battles
10 hours ago, CrackinTracks said:

Thanks Admiral, I actually got my start on WoWs blitz and made it to the Buddy and the NM during my work trips. I have the Kirov and the NM now on PC and im loving the armor layout on her. I love getting up in faces and so far have torn up a few T7 cruisers and wrecked a Massachusetts that took me for granted. Unfortunately ive been abandoned quite a few times in it and the NY when red boats showed up. For some reason people refuse to stick in and fight it out, but maybe its just my new-ness and willingness to tank combined with my experience playing competitive in WoT and pushing anovermatch biting me in the bum. Any special secret to realizing when its time to turn n burn as opposed to sticking in there? I feel like turning and kiting away just prolongs the inevitable 

WoT Blitz is actually deemed the superior version of tanks since Wargaming is restrained by the nature of the game from doing some of their crazy stunts like they did  in console and PC, WOWs Blitz sadly is inferior to WOWs PC likely because of the scale and complexity of Warship combat and functions require it to be on a computer instead of mobile device.

Members
6 posts
902 battles
10 hours ago, Levits said:

Rule #1: Know your Ship

All ships have a specific playstyle. A few are multi-faceted and can do a bit of both, but generally every nation has their own "unique" capabilities.

Cruisers, Destroyers, and Battleships all have a specific field that they excel in and a field that they don't do so well in. CV's are getting a rework so... don't bother with them until after it's done.

Russian: All of their Cruisers and most of their DD's are long-range gunships. You've got a split in the Russian DD line that gives one line better torps, but in general, they are all gunboats and should be used at range.

US: Cruisers are a mixed bag of tricks with several quirks that you can only work out with experience (or that I could put down here by filling up a entire page of dialogue). They are the best line for Anti-air defense and more or less strictly close-support, even with the Heavy and Light cruiser split, they all play about the same. One of their most unique characteristics are the ballistics on their projectiles; they fly high and take forever to reach a target, but this means that you can fire over islands and obstructions far easier than most other nations ships <will take time to get use to them. US DD's are torpedo boats first and foremost with the capability to defend themselves and act as gunboats at close-range. The US BB's vary wildly from tiers 5-7 but at tier 8 become good mid-range (15km) vessels with decent stealth and frontal tanking, but terrible side armor.

Japanese: BB's are long-range snipers. They sit in the back and hit things from afar. Their cruisers are generally tankier than most others (does not mean "show your broadside") and have decent guns. They are best used to kite enemies and fire from range (or as far as you can get away with). Their DD's are strictly torpedo boats up until they split. The split at tier 8 introduces a gunboat line which is on par with the Russians.

French: This line is easy enough to understand and work with. Every cruiser is a upgrade of the previous cruiser. They are ranged, general purpose combat ships with well-rounded features. The Battleships are some of the best in the game with accurate long-range guns for the most part and at tier 8 some of the best secondary guns in the game. Placement for these is as far as you can accurately hit the enemy.

German: Their DD's are tough but difficult to place. They are equal parts gunboat and torpedo boat with a capacity leaning towards a anti-DD role. Will take a bit of practice to truly understand their DD's purpose and playstyle. Their Cruisers are typically Kiting ships. Like the Japanese and Russians, you can sit at range and engage targets effectively and it is often best to do so rather than get close. Their BB's on the other hand are the complete opposite. The closer you get the better. For a German BB, the closer you get to your enemy (as long as it doesn't have torps) the more dangerous your BB becomes. They are the true brawlers of all the BB's. <tier 8, go with a secondary and survival build.

British: Their cruisers are Destroyers with Citadels. if you get spotted, you will be punished severely and staying alive long in a game requires that you play stealthily or die. Brightside is, they have the capacity to deal crazy damage against enemies not paying attention and showing their broadside. You'll have to get close, but you have access to smoke to help you stay alive. Painful learning curve, but worth it. Their BB's are... not all that special. They have amazing HE shells and using anything else is hard to sell. Probably my least favorite line but they are simple overall. Not winning any awards on bouncing AP shells but they are also mid-range ships (same as the US BB's).

Pan-Asian: Their DD's are all over the board but mostly torpedo boats that can only target Cruisers, BB's, and CV's. This means that you will be at a disadvantage against enemy DD's (who's torps can actually hit and kill you). What this means is that you also need to treat it as a gunboat. Luckily, it does this job well too. By all accounts, they are the same as the US DD's but with "special" torps.

Rule #2: Know your shells

AP and HE are good for two different things. AP deals instant direct damage with the golden chance of hitting a ships Citadel. <YOU WANT to hit the enemies citadel. But they also have the greatest chances of bouncing which deals no damage what so ever. The US Cruisers (and I think German and/or British Cruisers) have better AP damage potential. British only because the only option is AP. Wait for a target to get careless and aim for the sides near the waterline. Then let a rip. Anytime during a match, if you have AP loaded and you see a enemy ship showing off their sides to you, go for that one if you can hit it.

HE on the other hand deals reliable damage on parts of a enemy ship that don't just shatter our bounce them and have the added benefit of causing fires and taking out ship modules. It's the round that you will want to use as a Default until a enemy shows you their sides. It can destroy a enemies AA guns and Secondary guns; which help DD's and CV's get closer and deal damage of their own. And the fires are a continuous damage over time that is very effective in scaring enemy BB's off or just killing them out right. Hint: If you are continuously bouncing AP rounds, switch to HE and aim for the superstructure of a enemy ship.

Rule #3: Pick Captain Skills that are going to enhance your ship and playstyle the most

Since each ship class and specific nation has their own unique setup and characteristics. It is sometimes best to pick captain skills to further enhance these aspects. Example: German BB's are masters of close-combat and come equipped with hydro consumable. Any skill that enhances its secondary guns and ability to detect torps is going to be of great use to you. Conversely, the Japanese BB's are best used at range. This means that a similar build isn't going to be seeing as much use.

This leads to another part of captain skills; which allow you to customize how you utilize your ship on the map. If you want to play your Yamato or any other ship in close combat, upgrading their secondary's is highly advised.

NOTE: have a plan for your ships captain. You only get 19 pts to spend on skills. But it will certainly take time to get them. Make sure the skills you get first are the most important ones you need. For the US Light cruisers I highly advise picking up IFHE as your first LV 4 skill IF you want to have improved damage output. If you want improved survivability, pick Concealment.

Rule #4: Play multiple classes of ships and different nations; also take a little bit of time to look up the stats on said ships

The more you know about your own ship and the rest of the ships in the game, the more you know about your enemies. If you are playing a DD and you have experience in US cruisers, then you know exactly what and how those US cruisers radar works. It helps you to figure out a way to counter it. The more you know about the enemies capabilities, their weaknesses and strengths, you have a better chance of defeating them.

Rule #5: Communicate and "try" to work as a team

It's a gamble and hard to believe, but informing allies of what your plans are actually helps sometimes. Be prepared to deal with idiots in chat and don't get suckered into a troll-off in the chat bar, but do try to support the team. Also, don't be afraid to try someone else's ideas... Had a game on Two Brother's map where 3 of my allies went down the middle. Normally, this is a crappy idea and not smart at all. But since there was no support on the left and I was sure this was a loss anyways, I decided to follow. Low and behold, it was a bad idea. All 3 of them that ran into the enemy at their base died but as they were being shot, I sped full-speed out of the canyon and started blasting away at the distracted (broadside) enemies with my US AP. Caught the enemy by surprise and ultimately, though we all died, it was enough of a distraction for the rest of the team to push up and win.

Rule #6: Try to have fun.

Not always easy to do sometimes and you will eventually hit a losing streak. Just take a break or throw your hands up in disbelief and yolo in a few matches until you've released your pent up aggression. Don't expect any form of sympathy if you start railing on the chat board or forums. Vent, if you must, but keep it constructive... or at least entertaining.

Thanks man that’s a ton of stuff but it’ll come with time. I threw a crew back in my Omaha (first line I went down many moons ago during a break from college for a week or so) and tried the whole teamwork with randoms aspect out. Had a fantastic run games of escorting the green DDs countering red DDs (also got my engine knocked out twice in a row til I learned to not get toooo close, lesson learned ?)

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
On 9/8/2018 at 9:41 PM, CrackinTracks said:

I've watched most of those except for notser, its all great material. I feel like my main weakness right now is positioning. I can see everything happening and react to it accordingly but it seems like my initial out of spawn movement is never right. As for mid vs high tier its the same in WoT really, im a more active player so I think ill hang at mid tier until I have a real good understanding and awareness. Its kind of a bummer that theyre campy, I love the brawling and angling aspect

Add Mejash to that list, both on YouTube and on Twitch.  He's actually just now doing a full breakdown of everything the new Warships player needs to know, and his Twitch streams are informative and not at all salty.  @Lord_Zath is another YouTuber to look up; he's done hundreds of analysis videos on replays submitted by viewers, from pure beginners to unicum-level players.

Positioning will come with time.  As a general rule of thumb, expect your teammates to turn away at the first sign of contact nearly always, and play your own ship with that in mind.  When you are approaching the enemy in the beginning of a battle, look ahead and try to find some islands which can shield you should you need to turn around while spotted.  Also keep an eye on what the rest of your team is doing, and on the composition of the friendly forces near you--you should be getting a decent idea by now of how tanky the different mid-tier ships are, and if you find yourself with nothing but Nurnbergs and Omahas ahead of you then you should probably plan to be alone pretty quickly. :Smile_teethhappy:

Battleships can be really tricky to learn the game in, as their low speed and lackluster turning means that you need to anticipate what your team (and the enemy team) are going to do well before it happens, or else you're going to end up overextended with half the opposing team focusing on you.  As you're seeing, though, it's pretty difficult to predict what's going to happen 2 minutes later in a battle without the experience of having seen it hundreds of times already...in that light, focusing more on cruiser player is generally a better way to knock out your first few hundred PvP battles.  You still run the risk of being deleted by an enemy battleship you didn't notice was there, but at least that way it's quick & relatively painless (unlike watching your health tick away as 6 different ships pour fire onto your decks).

Welcome aboard! :Smile_honoring:

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,822 posts
19,756 battles

Thanks for the mention!  I'm approaching replay #300!!!!

And yeah send me your replays if you like and I'll be happy to give you some feedback on YOUR play.