You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Popular food you DON"T like?

120 comments in this topic

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

Goofing around here cause I don't like to play Fri nights.

I don't like watermelon nor ANY kinda melon. Most all people love melon.  Not me!  As a kid I was treated like a leper cause I would would not eat the watermelon after the big cook-out and everyone talked about the GREAT watermelon we were going to eat later. It freaked them all out. I was dissed and mocked.  Scarred me for life.  Still won't eat that swill.  What food do you hate that everyone in America loves? 

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,411 posts
5,606 battles
6 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Spaghetti I could go without. I don't hate it just never cared for it. The not liking watermelon though, that is just weird man, really weird. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,714 posts

McDonalds food. Fast food I'm okay with, although it can be expensive, but McDonalds doesn't qualify as food to me

• Cool 4

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
13 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

Spaghetti I could go without. I don't hate it just never cared for it. The not liking watermelon though, that is just weird man, really weird. :Smile_teethhappy:

Ha ha.  I KNOW. My crazy Uncle Charles told me he was going to cut me outta his Will cause I would not eat the watermelon he grew in his garden.  Well he died without a will cause the crazy old fart never had a dime to his name. He was funny however. Had great stories. Rode the rails in the Great Depression.  Hobo. Claimed he was reduced to eating grass and drinking sterno.....which no doubt MADE him crazy. :Smile_teethhappy:

I love spaghetti! 

• Funny 1

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
16 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

McDonalds food. Fast food I'm okay with, although it can be expensive, but McDonalds doesn't qualify as food to me

I can eat it but it's garbage. One of the reasons we have so many fat people in this country is cause their lazy parents started them on McDonalds when they were two. I mean that. No good food at all while growing up. Garbage....fast food...every night!

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
15 minutes ago, The_Really_Good_Man said:

does oatmeal count? Its just so bland

Lay on the sugar and cinnamon....juice it up.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
14 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Mac and cheese: about as appealing as a bowl of snot.

???????????????????!  Obviously you are some kinda Bolshevik. :Smile_sad:

• Funny 2

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
439 posts
6,740 battles

Sushi.  There seems to be restaurants popping up everywhere that at least offer it as an entree if the restaurant itself isn't a sushi shop.   It can at times look pretty but the few times I've ever had any I've found it to be disgusting to my tastebuds.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles

Rice. I hate rice... I mean every kind too and every style/way it's prepared.

Edited by Stand_Alone97

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
2 minutes ago, Altwar said:

Sushi.  There seems to be restaurants popping up everywhere that at least offer it as an entree if the restaurant itself isn't a sushi shop.   It can at times look pretty but the few times I've ever had any I've found it to be disgusting to my tastebuds.

Well then obviously you have not tried Octopus sushi.:Smile_honoring:

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
3 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Add vodka to a bowl of rice....can't beat it!

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
439 posts
6,740 battles
3 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Well then obviously you have not tried Octopus sushi.:Smile_honoring:

But I have had octopus stew.  It was tasty, until the tentacle suckers and my tongue met up.  ewwww!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
9,741 posts
16,519 battles
9 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Even Jasmine rice? Minnesota wild rice? it's black.

716YcShOoHL._SY355_.jpg.78fa2617f77a1ead190fc2b09d7db844.jpg

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

10-Health-Benefits-of-Celery.thumb.png.a56442c934c96ce455f99d107cdfcbb0.png

I agree on this one.  Has no flavor nor ANY nutritional value. 

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Even Jasmine rice? Minnesota wild rice? it's black.

716YcShOoHL._SY355_.jpg.78fa2617f77a1ead190fc2b09d7db844.jpg

I am sure it is delicious but it looks like black maggots or worms. :Smile_amazed:

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
439 posts
6,740 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

I am sure it is delicious but it looks like black maggots or worms. :Smile_amazed:

Now maggots are something I've also had.   Accidentally, when a casserole was left out during a warm summer day on the weekend.  What I thought was cheese tasted just fine until I noticed it was wiggling.   Emptied my stomach right after that.  LOL 

• Funny 2

[--K--]
Members
5,332 posts
16,746 battles

I'm not a fan of Deserts. It might have something to do with the phrase, "save room for desert." I've always been like but this meal is really good, can't I keep eating the main stuff. 

But its IceCream that I don't care for and its not because brain freezes are painful. Back when I was a preteen my family was taking a cross country road trip and we stopped at a Large Gas station/ truck stop. We all got Ice Cream and I got my [then] favorite flavor Cookie Dough. It was bad and I spent the next 3 days recovering from food poisoning. When you spend 15 hours dry heaving you begin to hate the food that betrayed you. Even today the only Ice Cream I'll even try is either Mint Chocolate Chip or something Home made in a churn.  

I've never drank coffee nor do I plan to. 

As a kid I had another kid up chuck watermelon at me, took me years get where I could eat that again. 

Classic Campbells Chicken Noodle soup is stupid.  

Also Celery raw isn't that great but its best used in soups. Something about heating it releases its flavor potential. 

• Cool 1

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
1 minute ago, Altwar said:

Now maggots are something I've also had.   Accidentally, when a casserole was left out during a warm summer day on the weekend.  What I thought was cheese tasted just fine until I noticed it was wiggling.   Emptied my stomach right after that.  LOL 

Maggots are interesting.  In the Civil War men who had bad wounds that got infested with maggots had a much higher survival rate cause those things chomped up all the bacteria and made them much less prone to gangrene. 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,232 posts
18,432 battles
50 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

It's coincidental that you should mention McDougals; I used to know a guy who bought beef for their company. He said that while none of their beef was bad or below federal standards, if there was a three legged cow somewhere in Argentina, you'd be eating it next week.

14 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I agree on this one.  Has no flavor nor ANY nutritional value. 

Yeah, but celery with cream cheese ladeled into the middle trough is like freakin' wonderful. If you can't get cream cheese, substitute peanut butter.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
6 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I'm not a fan of Deserts. It might have something to do with the phrase, "save room for desert." I've always been like but this meal is really good, can't I keep eating the main stuff. 

But its IceCream that I don't care for and its not because brain freezes are painful. Back when I was a preteen my family was taking a cross country road trip and we stopped at a Large Gas station/ truck stop. We all got Ice Cream and I got my [then] favorite flavor Cookie Dough. It was bad and I spent the next 3 days recovering from food poisoning. When you spend 15 hours dry heaving you begin to hate the food that betrayed you. Even today the only Ice Cream I'll even try is either Mint Chocolate Chip or something Home made in a churn.  

I've never drank coffee nor do I plan to. 

As a kid I had another kid up chuck watermelon at me, took me years get where I could eat that again. 

Classic Campbells Chicken Noodle soup is stupid.  

Also Celery raw isn't that great but its best used in soups. Something about heating it releases its flavor potential. 

I got a batch of bad scallops at a restaurant in Cleveland years ago and got food poisoning just like you.  I was deathly ill for bout 3 days.  Should have gone to the hospital but I just rode it out all alone in a motel room. Was in my early 20's. Now today that experience would probably kill me left untreated. I loved scallops....could not touch them after that. 

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

It's coincidental that you should mention McDougals; I used to know a guy who bought beef for their company. He said that while none of their beef was bad or below federal standards, if there was a three legged cow somewhere in Argentina, you'd be eating it next week.

Yeah, but celery with cream cheese ladeled into the middle trough is like freakin' wonderful. If you can't get cream cheese, substitute peanut butter.

Ya I can do celery the way you described....but all by itself...useless. 

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

Tomatoes in tomato form.  I’m 41 and have tried my whole life to like them but just can’t.

Watermelons.  I think whatever kills it for me with tomatoes is going on with these awful things.