Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Phasferous

WarGaming why? Why would you do this?

28 comments in this topic

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts

So I just got out of a match and saw I randomly had a personal mission. Not sure why, wasn't there prior to my last match. So I check it out and see that is rewards....something I already have. The Commander Dasha symbol.

Why would you do this WGing? I don't know if anyone else just got this mission but it's clear someone messed up and didn't make sure that the reward given wouldn't end up being a duplicate. And unless I am mistaken, unlike a duplicate ship, they won't give you doubloons instead.

What's more concerning is that if this is a userbase wide thing, I bet there will be plenty of people who won't even catch this. So they end up earning something they already have. And unlike prior to entering a match where you can prove you already have it, once you meet the mission requirements WGing could just claim you earned it from the mission and you weren't given a duplicate.

Image showing the personal mission (uncompleted)

2018-09-07_1611_001.thumb.png.60c74c806a7af919c7fa7fba32d0714a.png

Proof showing I already have it with the mission uncompleted

2018-09-07_1611.thumb.png.c815aca891ae516e0168154e5236fad9.png

I don't know who at WGing thought this was a good idea, but it's a great way to scam players without them even realizing until it's too late. Like they'll notice once they beat a match and are looking at the post match screen, since in that screen you can see what missions you are working towards. But once they realize it then it's too late and WGing (in their semi-usual fashion) can claim you earned it from that mission. Not from something before that.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 5

[--K--]
Members
6,600 posts
14,368 battles

It's a bug, I had personal missions for the past 2 months show up randomly last night. A restart fixed it. 

• Cool 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

This is a well known Bug...Reloading your past missions happen all you do is relog and it will go away.

• Cool 1

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
2 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

How is this a scam?

Because it can be misleading to players. Scams don't have to only relate to monetary expense. Survery are a great example of this. They scam you out of your time and effort, more so when they guarantee something in return but then don't provide it.

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

This is a well known Bug...Reloading your past missions happen all you do is relog and it will go away.

I've never had this past mission before. I got the Dasha symbol from the video event they had recently.

• Meh 1

[--K--]
Members
6,600 posts
14,368 battles
3 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

I've never had this past mission before. I got the Dasha symbol from the video event they had recently.

So you tried logging out? If not, please go do so and then complain if it's still there... 

• Meh 1

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So you tried logging out? If not, please go do so and then complain if it's still there... 

There was no reason to add that "Complain" part of your message. Totally unnecessary.

• Meh 3

[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles
3 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

There was no reason to add that "Complain" part of your message. Totally unnecessary.

But... that's really what you're doing, though. "Complaints" can be beneficial or derogatory. They're just saying you had a negative experience, and that you want to report that negative experience

Complaint
a statement that a situation is unsatisfactory or unacceptable.
"I intend to make an official complaint" ·
  • a reason for dissatisfaction.
    "I have no complaints about the hotel"
  • the expression of dissatisfaction.
    "a letter of complaint" ·
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
9,566 posts
17,554 battles
17 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

Scams don't have to only relate to monetary expense

According to the laws, a scam has to involve monetary gain to the defendant, and a monetary loss of the victims due to the scam/fraudulent actions of the defendant

22 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

I don't know who at WGing thought this was a good idea, but it's a great way to scam players without them even realizing until it's too late.

^^^ What you are describing is a false advertisement of completion of missions due to a graphical/visual bug that has been known for months. Words matter, accuracy matters,  glad I can help clear this up.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
15 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

But... that's really what you're doing, though. "Complaints" can be beneficial or derogatory. They're just saying you had a negative experience, and that you want to report that negative experience

Complaint
a statement that a situation is unsatisfactory or unacceptable.
"I intend to make an official complaint" ·
  • a reason for dissatisfaction.
    "I have no complaints about the hotel"
  • the expression of dissatisfaction.
    "a letter of complaint" ·

The problem with most of those on the net is that they view "complaints" as derogatory and end up shaming or making the user feel stupid or unheard. Completely ignoring the alternative you've listed.

If you have concerns you anything negative to say (negative can include negative criticism or concerns due to a negative experience like you mentioned), then you are automatically shamed, talked down to like you are the most unintelligent human being and you shouldn't be aloud to say anything else.

• Meh 4

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,869 battles

Its a ghost that appears and poof its gone! Happens to most if not all of us! Get over it!

• Meh 1

[KWF]
Members
4,013 posts
6,147 battles

Don't mean this to offend you, but every time you experience a bug, use the nice search function the forums come with. It can save you alot of trouble and time to find an existing thread that documents the problem and possibly a solution.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
5,123 posts
1 hour ago, Phasferous said:

Yes, it was necessary.  You need to try what you were asked to and stop whining about someone trying to scam you.  Not everything is about you or personally directed at you.  

• Meh 1

[O-PN]
Members
9,125 posts
10,593 battles

I find it odd that that you're this up in arms over what is a graphical bug in the game. A simple restart of the client fixes it. There's no scam, there's literally nothing but a bug that affects nothing at all, in reality.

Calm yourself, my son, and sail on.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts

I wasn't aware that it was a graphical issue with the game.

Maybe all those accusing me of ignoring it was a bug should have first asked if I was aware it is a bug.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,890 posts
8,370 battles

Or just accept the answer and see for yourself.

This thread already tells them that you were not aware of the bug and thus no reason for them to ask a redundant question.

[--K--]
Members
6,600 posts
14,368 battles
2 hours ago, Phasferous said:

You were told multiple times how you could likely fix your problem, yet you stayed around and argued about it and how you didn't think it applied to you, without ever reporting whether you tried the solution presented and whether it fixed it for you. Multiple people said it was a bug, not a scam. I think my choice of words was perfectly legit.

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
10 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

You were told multiple times how you could likely fix your problem, yet you stayed around and argued about it and how you didn't think it applied to you, without ever reporting whether you tried the solution presented and whether it fixed it for you. Multiple people said it was a bug, not a scam. I think my choice of words was perfectly legit.

The topic shifted away from the in-game problem when I replied to your message stated I wasn't trying to complain.

I am well aware people suggested how to fix the problem. I wasn't ever once denouncing that. For the record the problem was been fixed, since you seem to be focused on that rather then the problem you brought to this thread.

No wonder there is so much salt in this community. If someone just brings up a problem they are having in-game and it seems rather misleading, people instead jump down their throats and focus on everything they don't like about what they post. Which is completely counter productive. Then when the original poster tries to defend themselves those replying double down and only make the who situation worse.

May I please get a Admin or Mod to lock this thread? Isn't going to go anywhere better at this point clearly.

Edited by Phasferous
  • Meh 1

[--K--]
Members
6,600 posts
14,368 battles
13 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

No wonder there is so much salt in this community. If someone just brings up a problem they are having in-game and it seems rather misleading, people instead jump down their throats and focus on everything they don't like about what they post. Which is completely counter productive. Then when the original poster tries to defend themselves those replying double down and only make the who situation worse. 

Well, the next time you have a problem in game present it as such without putting on the tinfoil hat about war gaming trying to scam you and you won't have that problem. 

• Funny 1

[NG-NS]
Members
552 posts
5 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Ah, and here comes the downvotes.  Got his feels hurt, I guess.  We didn't kiss his sorry butt enough.  Whiner.

This is the exact toxicity I was referring to. Model example of this right here.

And what's the point about downvotes about?

[WOLF7]
Members
5,123 posts
18 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

This is the exact toxicity I was referring to. Model example of this right here.

And what's the point about downvotes about?

Don't start whining about scams as soon as something's a little off, and there won't be any toxicity.  You brought it with you.