You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bubbleboy264

Why do I keep losing in the Montana

13 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
446 posts
6,561 battles

I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong, I keep [edited]losing. I don’t understand why, I’m not bad in it but NO MATTER WHAT I KEEP LOSING HORRIBLY. I don’t get it. Is it bad luck or do I suck or something else I don’t understand 

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,628 battles

Are you losing because you're having bad luck with teammates or are you losing and your own performance isn't helping matters?

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
3 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong, I keep [edited]losing. I don’t understand why, I’m not bad in it but NO MATTER WHAT I KEEP LOSING HORRIBLY. I don’t get it. Is it bad luck or do I suck or something else I don’t understand 

How many matches in her thus far?

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,773 battles

Don't worry, I do the same thing with Iowa. Then I remember that I hate nearly everything about Tier IX+ because everyone plays passively so I go back to Richelieu and play in uptiered battles.

Edited by Vangm94
  • Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
224 posts
1,675 battles
12 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

You are a very good player..

Id think it might be luck of the draw with the teams.

• Cool 1

Members
396 posts
13,657 battles
10 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Is it bad luck or do I suck or something else I don’t understand 

It is bad luck. Your stats for US BBs is good at tier 8 and 9. Clearly you can perform in high tier matches with similar ships. I would just give it time, you've probably just had a run of bad luck with that ship.

My bad luck ship is the Fubuki. I have a 2652 Personal Rating with an average of 43k damage done and 1.22 kills. Based on these stats, I am in the top 5% of players on the server, yet I have a 53% win rate. It is just a bad luck ship for me.

[R-F]
Members
1,764 posts
10,221 battles

Looks like you've got 21 battles in it, 129k average damage, 1.86 average frags.  Those are very reasonable stats and an improvement over your Missouri and Iowa, in which you have a great winning rate.  

I think it's just random bad luck over a fairly small sample size.

Beta Testers
1,946 posts
7,754 battles
16 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

Are you losing because you're having bad luck with teammates or are you losing and your own performance isn't helping matters?

often i find that the former leads to the other due to frustration setting in and ruining my mojo.

when i get on a losing streak i will 1) go out for a smoke, hopefully that five minute break will slide me out of the rotation of bad players and pick up some good teammates instead, 2) if that doesn't work, ill try a completely different ship type.  i.e. if im losing in bb's, ill switch to dd's and vice-versa.  often there's an overabundance of certain ships being played at the moment that are just tougher to handle with one ship type than another, which leads to losses, and 3) ill turn off the game, because i don't, ill end up going pink because there's too much frustration pent up and one [edited] team at that point will break the camel's back.

• Cool 1

Members
1,051 posts
4,673 battles
23 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Small sample size.  Play 50 games and your winrate will begin to level out.  I have the same thing in a few of my T10's.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,773 battles
8 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Looks like you've got 21 battles in it, 129k average damage, 1.86 average frags.  Those are very reasonable stats and an improvement over your Missouri and Iowa, in which you have a great winning rate.  

I think it's just random bad luck over a fairly small sample size.

It's all luck of the draw but it is more noticeable at Tier IX+. Once you play that Tier IX+ ship, you are either on the team that pushes and caps or you are on the team where most of the BBs just stay in the rear while the rest of the fleet is sunk. I see these two scenarios the most every time I play Iowa. I call them Passive BB Tactics and crap Tier because I generally hate Tier IX+. Now if I take Richelieu into those battles, the battle instead becomes dynamic and everyone actually moves. I presume because a weak ship is a easier target so they stop playing passive. Basically if Iowa (maybe even Montana) was a Tier VIII ship (albeit downgraded a little bit) they would be more fun than how they are with the Tier IX+ mentality.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,237 posts
13,830 battles
30 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

18 minutes ago, Gin_Blossoms said:

You are a very good player..

Id think it might be luck of the draw with the teams.

This, you are having a bad streak, just ride it out it will end eventually.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,137 posts
2 hours ago, bubbleboy264 said:

You are playing at the wrong time. Go play coop or Ops and come back later. Going to the moderately deep end of the paranoia pool here, but I have given up on the belief that the matchmaking is random. My personal thought is that it is tailored to produce one sided blowouts in an attempt to end matches sooner since WG is obsessed with wait times. Compare it to jury duty. When you are selected by the match maker, you are hosed plain and simple. Go away, come back later, when it has selected somebody else to be the sacrificial goat.

• Cool 1