Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Henri IV — French Tier X cruiser.

6 comments in this topic

Community Department
2,348 posts
597 battles

Henri IV — French Tier X cruiser.

Developed from the preceding project with enhanced anti-aircraft defenses, this cruiser carried 240 mm main guns designed in the 1930s. The ship featured a powerful propulsion plant and a very high speed.
Henri_IV_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of cruisers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

Members
22 posts
1,248 battles

Anyone had success with the Henri in Clan Battles? I just got it and have only played it in randoms so far, but I really only wanted a T10 for CBs and this was the line I picked...

Interested in what sort of play style works best for it in CBs, upgrades, etc. I tried the reload upgrade but couldn't deal with the traverse penalty, so I switched to the range upgrade and have mostly just been burning BBs from 20km. Not sure that will be too helpful.

[CVA16]
Members
2,806 posts
10,553 battles
1 hour ago, Recury said:

Anyone had success with the Henri in Clan Battles? I just got it and have only played it in randoms so far, but I really only wanted a T10 for CBs and this was the line I picked...

Sort of in the same boat:Smile_facepalm: as you. So far Henri is my only T10. Used it in Clan battles but felt it didn't help the team as much as say a radar ship would. Not useless but not necessarily the best general purpose choice. Can get places fast as the DDs, but that gets you into trouble too. Long range sniping may not be the best for the team unless you're driving a Yamato or Republique, or you are a really good shot. You can speed-tank a bit IF you run the rudder mods over concealment. You can punish broadsides but those can be rare. In the coming season there will be Stalingrads that do everything you can do, probably better except dodge (but their HP is so much higher they may not care) and has radar. Have to admit I am not great with the ship either. If you really click with this ship, it can be the best ship to bring.

Just got the Legendary Mod/Upgrade for the ship and am debating installing it. Guns get better but you give up any hope of concealment. I have trouble hitting things at max range now. Decisions...decisions...

Got the pros and cons here:

Edited by Sabot_100

Members
178 posts
2,570 battles

Only 3 battles into the Henri, but impressed thus far. Averaging 186k damage and 1.67kpb. Do y'all prefer range or reload mod? Right now I have reload just bc shell velocity, whereas I run range on the Moskva.

Sign in to follow this