You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Dmitri Donskoi — Soviet Tier IX cruiser.

6 comments in this topic

Community Department
3,203 posts
1,210 battles

Dmitri Donskoi — Soviet Tier IX cruiser.

The ship was developed from the Chapayev class. She received stronger armament and a more powerful propulsion (Project 65). Dmitri Donskoi surpassed her prototype in all major characteristics: dimensions, speed, artillery power, AA capabilities, and torpedo armament. 
%D0%94%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of cruisers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

[70]
Members
1,210 posts
6,658 battles

EDIT: Though the fire chance is pretty good, the sheer lack of stealth is so disgusting that you might as well leave the engines off for the first minute. Otherwise you are the first thing to get spotted and ALWAYS get focused because of your laughably high fire chance.

14km visibility makes me SICK.

This monumental turd makes Seattle look OP.

Edited by Guardian54

[70]
Members
1,210 posts
6,658 battles

Still a giant pile of trash that can't play aggressively in any way, shape or form. Ugh.

...Hold on, actually it's very useful during the Puerto Rico grind. I can queue up a battle, go relieve myself, come back, and THEN start the ship moving forward, and that delay should make it actually usable instead of flaming garbage.

Edited by Guardian54

[FE-MB]
[FE-MB]
Members
9 posts
3,133 battles

Bad armor, bad maneuverability, bad engines, bad stealth, bad DPM, bad recharge, bad, bad, bad .............

Oh and the bullets look like olive .........

What's good about this ship?

I am launching this challenge .........

[NG-NL]
Members
148 posts
7,954 battles

I'm quite enjoying this ship. Its guns are great at long range, it's reasonably fast and maneuverable. The torpedoes are useful offensively and defensively. This is great when kiting bigger ships.

Hydro and radar make it a monster when hunting DDs. I thought the German cruisers were good at that, but Donskoi is the business!

Only seven games in it, and something is working.

1455379827_Donskoibattle.thumb.png.917bb70bb21bbeefd410ea6c0c601ff7.png

[BGA]
Members
288 posts
5,640 battles

After seeing this video by the historical channel "Kings and Generals" about the famous historical figure that the ship is named after, I really want to grind my way to the Dmitri Donskoi.