You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Moskva — Soviet Tier X cruiser.

12 comments in this topic

Community Department
3,217 posts
1,210 battles

Moskva — Soviet Tier X cruiser.

A ship designed and intended to destroy light enemy cruisers and fight against heavy cruisers (Project 66). Unlike her foreign counterparts, she boasted bigger dimensions and better armor protection. The cruiser's main battery surpassed foreign guns in maximum range and destructive power but had a lower rate of fire. 
%D0%9C%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B2%D0%B0_wow
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of cruisers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

[R-R-R]
Members
1,033 posts
9,395 battles

After the 50mm bow/stern armor buff, Moskva has become the most brain-dead ship for me.

All I do is stay angled and shoot at whatever is in sight.

• Cool 1

Members
51 posts
655 battles

You do have to remember that this a battleCRUISER and not a battleSHIP despite the similarity in size. You may have the firepower of a battleship, but you'll fold like a piece of paper in the hands of an origami master if you try going toe to toe against one. Battlecruisers were designed to be fast enough to chase down smaller ships while still being able to overwhelm them quickly with tremendous firepower. Armor was less important since smaller ships typically carried smaller guns with less penetrating power. In a battle where there are a lot of bigger guns capable of penetrating their relatively thin armor, they were intended to use their speed to get the heck out of there. This was the mistake of the Battle of Jutland, IMO. Too many big guns and not enough armor to effectively protect the ships participating since many of them were battlecruisers and not battleships leading to many sinkings and tremendous loss of life. 

• Cool 1

Members
93 posts
6,857 battles

RIP Moskva. 

You were fun to play some time ago. 

With legendary, dispersion doesn't even seem improved.

Now, your firing rate is horrible comparatively, and gunboat dd's can take you out if you're on lower health - idiotic. 

Recently, 59 HE hits ona Khaba only brought it to about 1/3 health. I was dumbfounded when I saw that in after results. So much for 220 power. Haragumo much the same.

Oh and don't show broadside. Hell, don't show anything, you will get citadeled or heavily damaged from any angle.

Why are my guns firing a few split seconds after I press trigger now?

So sad to see you go.

So much for Russian bias.

Edited by Battle_Cat_Cringer

[RO-I]
Members
108 posts
8,331 battles

I have been trying to get the legendary mod however it is killing me.  I got the Moskova early on and it seems to have been power creeped.  Slow and ineffective.  Fast firing DD's are its death.

I will be glad to be done with this ship  and not play it for awhile.

Members
3,675 posts
7,628 battles

I don't particularly enjoy her design. She's not necessarily a bad ship, but her immobility, lack of burst damage output, and her fragility forces her to a very cautious and safe playstyle. And that means you have very little say in if you can win a match or not, and your effectiveness for a large part depends on your teammates' performance.

If the Moskva can stay at a flank while attracting relatively little fire, she's a decent support vessel, a nasty bulwark putting out constant damage without much the enemy team can do to remove the Moskva effectively, and such usually results in a snowball through a flank. But If the team collapses around Moskva, when an enemy appears at an unexpected location, when her teammates can turn around, she cannot. When her teammates can stealth up, she cannot. Shells that her teammates can dodge, she cannot. Against pushing enemies that her teammates can punish, she cannot. Her HE is mediocre, and her AP doesn't fair well should the enemy pay attention.

I cannot say that I enjoy this ship, but should someone looking for such a support role, Moskva is not a bad ship.

Edited by The_first_harbinger
  • Cool 2

[NSC]
Members
140 posts

wish I had the ship when you guys are talking about how great she was, good times dont last very long AYE?

[-DZ-]
Members
280 posts
10,515 battles
7 hours ago, Sirzin_6 said:

wish I had the ship when you guys are talking about how great she was, good times dont last very long AYE?

Of course its crap now gotta grind the Steel for the real t10 just like the French BBs 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,583 posts
12,600 battles

I recently got the Moskva, and while I admittedly don't have many games in it, I've been really impressed.

I hate most cruisers and I'm not a big fan of T10 either, but when I first played the Moskva (Aurora) in Space Battles it instantly felt really good for me... I played maybe 15 to 20 games and I was averaging 100k like easy. My take is that it's DM's stupider, less impactful, easier to play, and perhaps more well-rounded Russian cousin: I like the blend of firepower/armor/handling more than that of the DM. And it's not less impactful in the sense that you can't carry, but less imactful in the Henri sense where it takes a bit of time for you to be useful: I think you have to keep your distance early on, but if you can kill off some ships and push without much crossfire risk, it has a lot of carry potential as well.

[SUCIT]
Members
321 posts
15,699 battles

Moskva was a nice balanced ship before WG gave it the bias treatment.

Now all she is a braindead cruiser similar to Stalingrad. I guess the things that keep her from going to borderline OP is her bad concealment and IJN AP bombs.