Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Königsberg — German Tier V cruiser.

4 comments in this topic

Community Department
2,346 posts
597 battles

Königsberg — German Tier V cruiser.

A light cruiser whose artillery and torpedo armament was quite powerful for her size. Königsbergwas the first among German cruisers to be equipped with aircraft handling equipment. One of her key features was an unconventional arrangement of aft main turrets.
K%C3%B6nigsberg_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of cruisers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

• Cool 1

[DURPX]
[DURPX]
Members
4 posts
5,727 battles

The Konigsberg is a fantastic ship that requires both patience and daring to do well.

If you have the patience to hang back (just a little) at the beginning of the game, and use your concealment, maneuverability, and the map to your advantage, you can contribute with HE vs dds.

Later in the game, use AP to surprise enemy cruisers who show broadside, and torpedos on BBs. Engage, disengage, kite...stay alive and KEEP SHOOTING.

I have to say, it is my favourite ship. The challenge of so often being low-tier just adds to the satisfaction of scoring hits and kills on higher-tier ship. The bonus XP is nice, too.

I regularly do over 50k damage (double the ship's hp), and sometimes over 70k. Of course, you WILL be deleted by one BB salvo now and again, but that can happen in just about any cruiser when you have exposed yourself and the enemy team sees your mistake before you can correct it.

If nothing else, the Konigsberg is a great ship to build map awareness. Recommended! :^)

Arrroooo!

Konigsberg 127k!.jpg

• Cool 3

Members
14 posts
2,959 battles

I saw some larger German ships in battle and noticed they were equipped with torpedoes.  I began researching the German tech-tree (which I had previously overlooked) and liked what I saw in certain ships.  In this case, the Königsberg.  

I've since purchased the Konigsberg and have enjoyed sailing it on a number of occasions.
  The capability to sink multiple ships in a torpedo-range engagement is wonderful. 
(Four torpedo launchers, two on starboard side, two on port side, with three torpedoes per launcher, provides up to six torpedoes per 'broadside'.)

As TychoDog mentioned, the Konigsberg isn't invulnerable and can be sunk by heavy naval gunnery or some combination of damage from various types of weaponry.  
The Konigsberg's own gunnery isn't too shabby for her size, but don't expect to win any long-range accuracy contests.  So, between her guns and torpedoes, her best punches are likely to happen within medium to close ranges.  (So, plan your attacks and sail to appropriate map locations accordingly.)
The turret placement and rotation characteristics are interesting and enable one to angle the ship somewhat (to give her armor a better chance against incoming projectiles).

For a cruiser, she has decent speed and maneuverability, in my opinion.  
The spotting plane helps locate other ships & planes.  

With her cruiser-sized hit-points, she can survive secondary battery fire long enough to give battleships some torpedo-shaped tickets back to port, and keep destroyers and other cruisers wary of approaching too close.

I suggest giving the ship a sail, to see for yourself.  :-)

Sign in to follow this