You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Fiji — British Tier VII cruiser.

7 comments in this topic

Community Department
2,269 posts
557 battles

Fiji — British Tier VII cruiser.

A further development of a multi-purpose cruiser ship for the Royal Navy. Despite the fact that the ship's displacement was limited by international treaties, she carried numerous rapid-firing main guns.
Fiji_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of cruisers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

[BPP]
Members
100 posts
16,669 battles

Anybody tell me what you're supposed to do with this thing. The Omaha at tier 5 gets more cit hits on tier 6s than this tier 7 gets on tier 6s. Same number of barrels, virtually same firing rate and initial shell velocity is close. I've tried it on BBs. Hit a tier 7 BB 123 times from bow to stern (no, not the hull-the superstructure and deck) and got 12,095 damage. Tried to run off a Mahan. Chased him in a straight line-his stern to my bow and he outgunned me with nothing but his aft facing guns lol. Do the higher tier RN cruisers get better?

[QCM]
Members
52 posts
3,480 battles

This is what WG calls "Balance". (Sarcasm)   I suspect none of their Russian employees ever set foot on a naval vessel, let alone ever viewed a "Janes" manual. They just pull crap outta their Millinneal butts and say, "Hey look what a great thing I did!!!"

[BIER]
Members
179 posts
2,559 battles

Honestly, that's because neither of you two understand how to play the RN CLs.

They have short-fused AP. It works fabulously against DDs and other CLs - far better than the US AP.  Better torps on the Leander and Fiji than the Omaha, too, not to mention better maneuverability, better concealment, and a heal. And it does great against BB superstructure or bow/stern

The fact you think possibly the most OP non-premium ship (Fiji) at ANY tier is bad says more about your playing style than the ship itself.

Edited by LAnybody

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,883 posts
4,027 battles
On 1/24/2019 at 2:04 AM, LAnybody said:

The fact you think possibly the most OP non-premium ship (Fiji) at ANY tier is bad says more about your playing style than the ship itself.

Uh... [Citation Needed] on that one. Personally I love Leander, but Fiji is just underwhelming to me. Not bad per-se, just "meh". And looking around the forums she seems to be a rather love or hate ship. People seem to either really like Leander and Edinburgh and dislike Fiji, or like Fiji and dislike Leander and Edinburgh.

[BIER]
Members
179 posts
2,559 battles

You're not looking, if you think that. Where are you reading any Fiji dislikes beside this thread?

Fiji consistently has been at the top of the T7 cruiser list in all respects: WR, Damage Caused, WTR.  Has been since pretty much introduction. It also compares VERY favorably to other OP silver ships.

And there's very, very few people who like the Leander and don't like the Fiji. In fact, most Edinburgh people complain that they miss the Fiji, as in many ways it's simply not as OP at T8 as Fiji was at T7.

[BZERK]
Members
741 posts
3,427 battles

For what it's worth, I just got my second-ever Kraken in her last night. 5 kills, 50k damage, I had the game disconnect as it ended, so I can't see my post-battle report (which has been happening a lot to me recently,) but I think I also got top of the team, and got 10k XP. I also did (in another game) my most-ever cruiser damage in her, so she's a very good knife fighter when she needs to be. Most of the RN CL line is like that.