Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

Minotaur — British Tier X cruiser.

2 comments in this topic

Community Department
2,346 posts
597 battles

Minotaur — British Tier X cruiser.

A light cruiser design with a more powerful and sophisticated AA system. Developed after the end of World War II from the Neptune-class cruisers. She carried dual-purpose main guns placed in new turrets, allowing for a higher rate of fire.
Minotaur_wows_main.jpg
WGWiki

This topic is the starting point for discussing this type of cruisers.
When a full-fledged guide appears, this topic will be replaced.

[WHARF]
Beta Testers
36 posts
1,994 battles

It's a good ship and fun to play but...

I think the smoke on this ship is the only thing that allows it to perform. I've tried taking radar on it before, but the 9.9km range coupled with many other tier X's also having radar make it struggle. Not taking smoke on this paper ship is a death sentence, especially when the Minotaur in general is a big target (not talking ship size). It's a good ship and I like it but it's almost too situational because so many other tier X's have radar making your smoke useless. 

What I'm trying to say is that the current radar consumable is pointless on this ship. Even if it was buffed to 11.7km like the Russian cruisers, I myself would still be taking smoke. The ship is feeling a little power creep from more higher tier ships acquiring radar. There's just too much radar in the game. The smoke consumable on this ship feels less like a feature now and more like a target zone. 

Sign in to follow this