You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

Got the Bizmark Last Week

26 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,943 posts

:Smile_great:And in keeping with my liking for Supporting and working CloseIn  not staying in the back and sniping,   I was hoping for advice on whether Concealment Modification was better or Target Acquisition Modification was best for the last module?:Smile_honoring::Smile_hiding:

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,037 battles

In your case, you are never going to go dark obviously, so Tam is your best bet. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,112 posts
9,224 battles

Concealment is still king. You will be able to close undetected longer and get much closer. Big goal in the Bis is to get those secondaries going. Also proper use of your Hydro makes target acquisition even less needed.

• Cool 2

Members
17,826 posts
5,089 battles

I'd say it depends on how close you get, and how often.

I went concealment, to stay hidden until I'm in effective range, or to more easily disengage. Premium hydro seems to provide enough utility, considering how often I get close enough that acquisition would make a difference.

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,037 battles
5 minutes ago, paradat said:

Concealment is still king. You will be able to close undetected longer and get much closer. Big goal in the Bis is to get those secondaries going. Also proper use of your Hydro makes target acquisition even less needed.

He has no desire to be dark, he has no desire to be alive at the end of the game. He wants to go out guns blazing, charging in. He's not going to adjust his play style, so for the way he wants to play, Tam is going to help him more than Concealment.

I'd take ce as well, but I play completely different than he does. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,112 posts
9,224 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

He has no desire to be dark, he has no desire to be alive at the end of the game. He wants to go out guns blazing, charging in. He's not going to adjust his play style, so for the way he wants to play, Tam is going to help him more than Concealment. 

LOL... well you read a lot more into the op than I did. Working close in a German BB does not equal suicidal to me. 

So what say you op... does Ducky have it right? Are you the suicidal guns blazing type?

Cheers.

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,037 battles
Just now, paradat said:

LOL... well you read a lot more into the op than I did. Working close in a German BB does not equal suicidal to me. 

So what say you op... does Ducky have it right? Are you the suicidal guns blazing type?

Cheers.

He's got an 11% survival rate. 

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,703 posts
3,468 battles

Concealment module is much more beneficial.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,943 posts
8 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

In your case, you are never going to go dark obviously, so Tam is your best bet. 

8 minutes ago, paradat said:

7 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I'd say it depends on how close you get, and how often.

I went concealment, to stay hidden until I'm in effective range, or to more easily disengage. Premium hydro seems to provide enough utility, considering how often I get close enough that acquisition would make a difference.

2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I'd take ce as well, but I play completely different than he does. 

Thank You all for the input  and since the consensus is Concealment is Best Concealment it will be,    Again TY  All VM for your input and advice:Smile_medal::Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
500 posts
4,144 battles

Concealment because it will help you get into position without getting ripped apart on those wide open T10 maps. Loosing half of your health during your approach sucks.  Getting into position undetected then blazing at them rocks. You have no deck armor so it is possible to loose tons of HP from long range gunnery and lots of people at T10 know it.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,943 posts

Oh in addition her Kapiten gets a Bonus on Vigilance and this is a skill that takes so many points '3'  is that a skill worth taking?   :Smile_amazed:   And thus giving up on so many others?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,336 posts
11,487 battles

The ability to withdraw, stealth up and heal is invaluable. 

Bismarck has hydro, no need for target acquisition. 

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,943 posts
14 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

And the Vigilance Kapiten Skill is that worth taking ?

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,037 battles
20 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

It increases torp spotting range with Hydro. 

• Cool 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,037 battles
9 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

TY:Smile_honoring:

It actually might only stack with vigilance... I thought Tam stacked with Hydro, but I can't actually find where it says that anywhere. Vigilance stacks on hydro for sure though. 

Edit: finally found it on the wiki, Tam does stack on hydro. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[O_O]
Members
677 posts
6,073 battles

funny story ....other night ...i was in a brawl with a Biz me in my Tirp...

long story short the Biz stayed out on the fence line till the end of the game until he was the last.  after killing his team.  we all knew where he was hiding, but no one wanted to get near him bc of them secondaries. 

i turned my Tirp to make a intercept course with him straight on.  at 11km both of our secondaries start blazing the air space.  so epic! setting ourselves on fire.  then he he turned dead on to make a collision course. (my team was in range but no one else fired) i guess they thought we would duke it out. lol at 1km we started circling each other. so hilarrious...really...just letting our secondaries go at it.  barely even firing our main guns.  that circle of fire was hilarious...wish i can them video clips...like some of you do.  

BUT of course....all funny things must come to an end....being in Tirp... and that close to another ship...you should know what fishes went swimming.  ^_^ -----> Boom boom boom boom ! ^_^ 

of course i used secondary modified  to match Biz secondaries....W/ Cap Skill with Focused secondariy/range/reload skills...AND Adrenalin  Rush. 

when you get into a brawl like that ...concealment & acquisition mods do not make any difference.  unless you plan to stay on the outer fence line....lol 

• Cool 1

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,340 battles

On Tirpitz, Bis and GK, my secondary build captain is actually a hybrid (I didn't use secondaries on the Freddy, buffed the main guns completely and even then I absolutely did not click with the ship in any possible way).

I use the concealment module and for captain skills, I use

PT-PM

AR

SI

MS-FP-AFT

The concealment is 14.3km on the Bis with this build, which is solid and gives you the option of dipping out of detection if you have to.

e: now that I think about it, it's really similar to the Mass build I use, except the repair party reloads fast on the Mass and mitigates my need for FP to help with longevity so I can use IFHE instead.

Edited by Deviathan

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
2 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:And in keeping with my liking for Supporting and working CloseIn  not staying in the back and sniping,   I was hoping for advice on whether Concealment Modification was better or Target Acquisition Modification was best for the last module?:Smile_honoring::Smile_hiding:

TAM for sure.  Then use the special captain that get's the Vigilance bonus and you're pretty much immune to torps.

But it's Bismarck.  ;)

[OSG]
Beta Testers
1,350 posts
14,793 battles
2 hours ago, paradat said:

This  +1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,943 posts
32 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

On Tirpitz, Bis and GK, my secondary build captain is actually a hybrid (I didn't use secondaries on the Freddy, buffed the main guns completely and even then I absolutely did not click with the ship in any possible way).

I use the concealment module and for captain skills, I use

PT-PM

AR

SI

MS-FP-AFT

The concealment is 14.3km on the Bis with this build, which is solid and gives you the option of dipping out of detection if you have to.

e: now that I think about it, it's really similar to the Mass build I use, except the repair party reloads fast on the Mass and mitigates my need for FP to help with longevity so I can use IFHE instead.

FP?   Fire Prevention?

Edited by shadowsrmine

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,340 battles
1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

FP?

Fire prevention.  You're basically gonna permanently be on fire, and when you're brawling with another secondary built ship, it helps mitigate their firestarting ability on you.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,943 posts
18 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

Fire prevention.  You're basically gonna permanently be on fire, and when you're brawling with another secondary built ship, it helps mitigate their firestarting ability on you.

So far he's  a 13 Point Kapiten and I  have Preventive Maintenance,Adrenaline Rush,Superintendent,Basic Firing Training,Advanced,Firing Training  so BFT  is not desirable?    PS  Since he is German on a German Boat i chose to use the German Kapiten (Flavor/Pronunciation) instead of English Captain/Commander(Flavor/Pronunciation):Smile_great::Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by shadowsrmine

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,340 battles
18 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

So far he's  a 13 Point Kapiten and I  have Preventive Maintenance,Adrenaline Rush,Superintendent,Basic Firing Training,Advanced,Firing Training  so BFT  is not desirable?

It's really up to whatever philosophy you subscribe to and your playstyle.  I view secondaries as a supplemental damage rather than primary damage mode, so I tend toward the side of survivability to make sure I can stay in the game long enough to put them to use.  Yeah, BFT will help your secondaries fire a little bit faster, but you will burn a lot, and you don't get the luxury of getting the fast repair party reload like the Mass does to help deal with that.  If you have a really aggressive playstyle and want to go all in on secondaries, then BFT is the way to go, but I am a more cautious player and just wasn't happy with how much damage I was having to eat before I could get into secondary range.  It's crazy fun as top tier, but it can really suck when you're bottom tiered to not have the extra survivability help.

Edited by Deviathan

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,336 posts
11,487 battles
6 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

It increases torp spotting range with Hydro. 

Yes, but concealment allows you to get into secondary range sneaky like.