Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GiN_nTonic

Moskva Concealment should be buffed

15 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
727 posts
5,833 battles

With the addition of the Worcester, Stalingrad, and even Conqueror I believe the Moskva doesn't "deserve" to have its concealment be BB rated (if not actually worse).  Add to these additions the buffs to Yamato and upper tier French cruisers there has been a fairly substantial power creep around the Moskva.  It just doesn't feel logical to me that BB's can out-spot any cruiser - and the Moskva's reputation of being a quasi-BB is surely diminished with the arrival of the Stalingrad....not that Moskva was really as tanky as it reputation suggested anyways.

Not suggesting general buff in any way - its a good ship.  I just feel/suggest the concealment rating is hard to justify in today's game with additions and changes we've seen.

• Bad 2

[POP]
Members
518 posts
11,489 battles
6 minutes ago, GiN_nTonic said:

With the addition of the Worcester, Stalingrad, and even Conqueror I believe the Moskva doesn't "deserve" to have its concealment be BB rated (if not actually worse).  Add to these additions the buffs to Yamato and upper tier French cruisers there has been a fairly substantial power creep around the Moskva.  It just doesn't feel logical to me that BB's can out-spot any cruiser - and the Moskva's reputation of being a quasi-BB is surely diminished with the arrival of the Stalingrad....not that Moskva was really as tanky as it reputation suggested anyways.

Not suggesting general buff in any way - its a good ship.  I just feel/suggest the concealment rating is hard to justify in today's game with additions and changes we've seen.

They literally just buffed its armor.

[-K-]
Members
5,042 posts
8,928 battles
12 minutes ago, Alabamastan said:

They literally just buffed its armor.

Yep.  50mm bow plating more than makes up for its lack of concealment.

Then again, it is a HUGE ship.  It's concealment, or lack thereof, should be reflective of that.

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,203 posts
6,433 battles
40 minutes ago, GiN_nTonic said:

and the Moskva's reputation of being a quasi-BB is surely diminished with the arrival of the Stalingrad....not that Moskva was really as tanky as it reputation suggested anyways.

Moskva is still excellent at tanking, perhabs even more than Stalingrad. She has less of that vulnerable 25mm plating than Stalingrad, and takes less damage from fires (given the shorter fire duration). Not to mention the lower Torpedo Damage Reduction on Stalingrad.

The only real advantage of Stalingrad is that she has 7k hp more

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
727 posts
5,833 battles

I dont think Moskva should have good concealment....give it the worse concealment for a cruiser in the game if you want (thought I think Stalingrad should that that honor).  To give other BBs of tier 10 better concealment than a cruiser seems out of wack to me.  Moskva isn't that tanky. 

My opinion is mostly based upon intro of Worcester, which is changing tier 10 game-play...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHMmyMjjQJM

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

moskva can't bow tank with its 25mm nose

concealment buff is needed considering it has worse concealment than Yamato, that's ridiculous

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
3,542 battles
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:21 AM, SavageTactical said:

Dude, the thing can reliably bow tank Yamato shells.

Reliably
My 
[edited]

Because Yamato actually have to point at the lower portion of the bow where it actually is 50mm, and even then, that only happens at Uber close range. At any higher ranges, due to dispersion, shells end up hitting the side plating, the upper 25mm portion, the superstructure, and other parts of the ship that aren't 50mm. 
Yamato may not be able to crack open Moskva in two salvos, but it will still easily deal 8-14k damage. It just stops citadels from coming through so frequently. Belt tanking is still a better option and bow tanking overall in Moskva isn't the smartest idea in a lot of scenarios. Of course it works. But focused fire will still drop it. The 50mm plate buff was minor. Just means at closer ranges battleships can't aim at the waterline bow and blap you.  

Beta Testers
727 posts
5,833 battles
5 hours ago, Happy668 said:

considering it has worse concealment than Yamato, that's ridiculous

That is exactly my point.  I believe there is only 1 BB at tier X that even has worse concealment than the Moskva and that is the Großer Kurfürst at default 18.18 Km.  The Moskva has 18 Km.

Moskva is a natural predator ship to the Worcester if not for the concealment factor. 

[OPG]
Members
3,874 posts
5,476 battles
On 9/7/2018 at 3:18 PM, GiN_nTonic said:

That is exactly my point.  I believe there is only 1 BB at tier X that even has worse concealment than the Moskva and that is the Großer Kurfürst at default 18.18 Km.  The Moskva has 18 Km.

Sorry for the slight necro.

The Moskva actually has slightly worse concealment than the Kurfurst on account of the fact that CE has a larger % bonus effect on BBs than cruisers.  As far as I know of all the ships between Tier 8 and 10, the only one with worse max concealment than the Moskva is the Stalingrad.  

Edited by yashma

[TSPC]
Members
173 posts
6,271 battles

tbh, something might've* been needed before the 50mm lower bow and Hindenburg nerf. Now, not really...  

Members
54 posts
10,291 battles

I'm new to the Moskva, have as much concealment added as possible. On a few of the "smaller" maps its a pain to play, as soon as you hit the "W" key you spotted (yes, I know it not that bad). I actually got in to a heated debut in chat because I was not moving up at the start of the game by a DD and an Mino. When I made the statement on my concealment range, it was well you shouldn't be running a commander that was less then 10pt. Its not a 10 point commander. It that game I was getting set on fire left and right. Asking for help from the mino and got nothing but [edited]. When he died from torps as he sat in smoke, me started an in chat campaign to report me, when a few BB spoke up and tole him to [edit] off.

From tier 7, 8, and 9 there is a slow loss of concealment, then you get to the Moskva and you say to yourself. [Edited] I did not click the resupply button, or something. I would like to see 1KM drop in detection or bigger maps with more island so I can get in to protection before I open  fire.

But I'm still learning how to use her.

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
340 posts
6,547 battles

Moskva and Stalingrad are Russian's version of BB's.

Russia doesn't have but one battleship, they do however have Battleships that take up Cruiser slots. With Radar to boot.

but it's detection is not that bad, at 22%off detection, you can end up at 14km. Or 13.8km's with camo.

For a tough as nails Russian "Cruiser"; aka Battleship, that's a nasty surprise for any other cruiser to have that thing show up (and considering its shells and velocity) right on top of you.

I don't own one, but stats-wise (and from having to face them) they are one of the more powerful cruisers in terms of engaging other cruisers and BB's.

Edited by Levits

[PIZZA]
Members
8 posts
8,222 battles

you just have to play it from the rear as a long range shooter.  I basically sit at spawn at the start.  Get the Legendary Mod.  Helps a ton.  I agree however that concealment is a bit too large.

Sign in to follow this