Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Give the specifics on launch timeframe of the wgc thanks

5 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,298 posts
3,583 battles

Dear Wargaming,

I would like to know what the launch date is on the wargaming center. Sub Octavian had mentioned in a Reddit post that the launch would be announced in a later wgc article back in August. How secure is the wgc now? Have the developers worked out the network traffic bugs and the slowing down of one's computer that were present in the wgc beta version? Why is Steam migration not being considered? 

SIncerely a $3,000+ whale,

Landedkiller

[NG-NL]
Members
4,961 posts
8,109 battles

WCG has been out for a while now and all the aforementioned bugs, from my using it, long since fixed. WGC runs well, and I set mine not to automatically run at startup. No issues at all. The forumites saying "WGC gets mandated, it only means downloading junkware" are thinking of the buggy beta version, not the current one.

Not sure about Steam, but guess migrating accounts there isn't happening simply because WG doesn't own Steam. I believe a few IT-minded players figured out what file(s) to delete/modify so you can launch your current WOWS account via Steam, but never used it myself.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,212 battles

I have been using the WGC from it's Beta. I love it. Never had any issues even in the beginning. It is very convenient. 

Members
1,525 posts
672 battles

All I've used.  I have never had a problem, even leaving it running in the background.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
451 posts
958 battles

My only beef so far is that the default game instance, for me at least, is the PT server rather than my main game client.  I can't find anywhere in the settings where that can be changed, so each time I fire up the WGC, I have to use the pull-down menu to choose the main client to play rather than the PT server.

Sign in to follow this