Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mopic312

OK WG, What's this Shenanigans!

13 comments in this topic

Members
73 posts
7,489 battles

Today  in my Gearing, I'm going on the outside towards a cap point, I decided to go around the south end, wide of the cap to spot ...   I crossed pass two islands and started to slow down...

Next thing I knew, I spot a Minotaur 4.5km away from me., Who of course open up and deletes me before I could react...

My first question:   A Normal Minotaur has a Detection range of 11.5  Even given captain skills, flag and consumables  Is not below 9km...

B I'm motoring with a 5.9 detection range...     How did he even get that close  I should of saw im way before he saw me.,  He didn't even POP RADAR (unless the "You've been spotted thing is broken)

And yes, I saw the New Detection video on how it works,  But, NO way he could get that close without me seeing him..  (Unless the lag time from my game to your server is just piss horrible).

Wish I had it recorded so maybe you guys see something I missed... (oh well)

Beta Testers
1,287 posts
3,583 battles

Was this co-op or regular random battles or ranked it really helps to know the mode. There is a delay in a ship appearing by about 3 seconds normally when spotted.

[KAPPA]
Members
134 posts
4,213 battles

It's possible that he either just left smoke, and the smoke bugged out, too. It's also possible he rounded a corner.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles
12 minutes ago, Mopic312 said:

I decided to go around the south end, wide of the cap to spot ...   I crossed pass two islands and started to slow down...

Next thing I knew, I spot a Minotaur 4.5km away from me.,

I think you just answered your own question

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,387 battles

You Boldly Went Where No Man Had Gone Before and Got Met By One Who Had Gone That Way Before!

[CK5]
Members
780 posts
6,184 battles
35 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

I think you just answered your own question

This.  The islands shielded the Mino.  

Members
73 posts
7,489 battles

Actually this was Random.,   Just couldn't figure it out.. HOW did he not show up ... I played some more games and asked other Minotaurs their detection range and the best they came up with was 8.9km.. So who knows.

Members
73 posts
7,489 battles

OK Prairie Player;  I've thought of that...

X

o<--Min         X

%<---2nd Frendly DD.

*<-- Gear

[KAPPA]
Members
134 posts
4,213 battles
21 minutes ago, Mopic312 said:

Actually this was Random.,   Just couldn't figure it out.. HOW did he not show up ... I played some more games and asked other Minotaurs their detection range and the best they came up with was 8.9km.. So who knows.

You can't see through islands, and were ambushed, simple as that. DDs do it all the time, and cruisers at times, too. Unless you are within 2-3km, you can't see through islands.

Beta Testers
1,460 posts
8,723 battles
36 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Was this co-op or regular random battles or ranked it really helps to know the mode. There is a delay in a ship appearing by about 3 seconds normally when spotted.

There is no difference between the spotting mechanics for bots in Coop vs. Randoms and other forms of PvP.  So the mode does not matter with regard to the essence of his question.

35 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

Bots have no fog of war they always know were you are at.|

That is not actually true.  They have the same ability players have to know the direction of the nearest ship using the Captain's skill Radio Location.  More accurately, the reason we can have the Captain's skill Radio Location is that it is a mechanic bots have to have in order to keep from wandering around aimlessly once a battle starts, so WG gave it to us as an option in Captain's skills.  As such, they don't know where you are at all times.  When they are following you even if you are not seen, they are simply reacting to their version of Radio Location and moving in that direction just like a player could track an unseen enemy using that Captain's skill.  If they do not have another target matching their targeting priorities (which use proximity and target health to prioritize), they will simply follow the nearest target based on Radio Location.  That can make it look like they know where you are, but they don't.  They just know someone is off in that direction just like you can know with Radio Location.

@Mopic312  Since his detection range is greater than 4.5km, the only possible explanation for why you did not see him is that line of sight was blocked.  A Minotaur can carry smoke.  Since you were not detected by radar and the Minotaur can opt for either Smoke or Radar, there is the possibility he had Smoke and used it.  So you have to consider the possibility that some combination of him being behind the islands and in smoke kept him invisible to you until you were exposed and his smoke dissipated at the most inopportune time for you, allowing him to spot and react to you before you could react.  If he was pre-aimed (possibly due to having the above mentioned Radio Location skill), he could certainly have fired the second you became visible, leaving you no time to react.

Members
3 posts
56 battles

This may be new, but the bots I face ALWAYS know where you are, and never miss, and always get crit hits.  Yeah it makes the player smarter about how to use islands to shield from shot and torps but you end up stuck because they all target the same ship.  nothing like having 9 ships target you as a DD especially when two BBs are closer to them.

Beta Testers
73 posts
766 battles

Bots do 2 things..

1st they goto the Enemy flag..

during that time if they Encounter you...they will attack..

2nd there are 2-3 patterns they use at the very beginning, to decide to go in a direct straight path, to Join together, or split evenly..

Thats what I have seen.  And anytime they see a enemy, they attack..But think about these patterns.  THEY DONT GO ALONE..  there are 3+ in any group.

3rd..if they dont see any enemy(which is not that easy) they will goto the Flag, and SPLIT UP..  They dont really care about the flag..they will HUNT..  Since most flag points can see a large closed area, at least 1/4 of the map..there is probably someone to shoot at.

Sign in to follow this