Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Amenhir

Cherry Blossom RN AP

11 comments in this topic

[DPG]
Members
819 posts
4,211 battles

In the future when could you change it so RN cruiser AP can damage the Aerodromes.  Since it's an operation limited by nation, not allowing one of those nations to not destroy the primary objective seems silly.  What if I'm the last ship alive?  It's a loss.

• Boring 1

[SCREW]
Members
59 posts
2,171 battles

If you shoot the buildings you can do a little damage. Or get into secondary range, usually that’s what I do. Just shoot the dds that spawn while secondaries kill the airfield. And if you are the last one you got a really bad team. 

[HYDRO]
Members
1,316 posts
3,662 battles

Have you tried aiming directly at any cluster of buildings? It yielded some surprising results for me.

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles

I don't think it is possible to deal damage to the actual runways in the operation, but it may be possible to damage the buildings towards the rear. I'm not 100% sure, but I am fiddling around looking for gameplay footage that proves it.

Community Department
2,016 posts
500 battles
5 hours ago, Amenhir said:

In the future when could you change it so RN cruiser AP can damage the Aerodromes.  Since it's an operation limited by nation, not allowing one of those nations to not destroy the primary objective seems silly.  What if I'm the last ship alive?  It's a loss.

But they can damage. You need to aim more accurately. I'll find my screenshots. 

UPD

Spoiler

Z_2r0QT5ckM.jpg
62k damage to the Aerodromes
apFMZbbskGk.jpg
destroyed building

5 hours ago, Compassghost said:

Should be damageable at 6km or less due to how much armor it has.

Yes, you need to come nearer to damage Aerodromes.

[DPG]
Members
819 posts
4,211 battles
19 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

But they can damage. You need to aim more accurately. I'll find my screenshots. 

UPD

Reveal hidden contents

Z_2r0QT5ckM.jpg
62k damage to the Aerodromes
apFMZbbskGk.jpg
destroyed building

Yes, you need to come nearer to damage Aerodromes.

I eventually scored some damage at 4.5 km out.  I always try to aim right around the tower.  That seems to rack up the big hits in ships with HE.  The flatter arc of the Edinburgh make it more difficult at such a short range.

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

This does bring up the point of: I never really know where to aim at the airfields....sounds silly, but my damage is all over the map...with the Ed (full auto AP)  or Martel (gnarly HE) 

[INTEL]
Members
582 posts
7,301 battles

I aim at the base of the mountains beyond the airfield.  In line with the target icon.  Try it.  you'll be surprised.  And the shells do not land where you aim.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
181 posts
4,276 battles
22 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

I aim at the base of the mountains beyond the airfield.  In line with the target icon.  Try it.  you'll be surprised.  And the shells do not land where you aim.

Found myself doing the same in Cleve with good results.

[STK]
Members
41 posts
4,934 battles

Aim at buildings when you reach within 3km. I did 18600 dmg in one salvo only by front turrets. It is all about distance. Getting closer and your AP starts to penetrate.

But honestly if the team needs you to come that close to deal dmg, you either have a really trash team or your team has more than 6 Edinburghs...

Edited by Judadiao

Sign in to follow this