You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ASHAMAN100

windows 10 restarts without warning

10 comments in this topic

[RAZE]
Members
64 posts
14,501 battles

I have stopped playing this game seriously because my computer will restart itself [only when busy with this game] without warning.

This happens when the game is fully updated, my system operating system and drivers [including graphics drivers] are fully updated, no mods are used and no other programs are running on the system.

Basically I have come to the conclusion that the "lol" gaming gods have decided I am not allowed to play this game. Just emphasising the fact that it only happens with this game?!

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Alternatively, Windows has popped up asking for a time to restart and update, but that message didn't show up because it was "under" the game client. Either way this seems like more of a Windows issue than a WoWs issue.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,105 posts
12,851 battles
2 hours ago, ASHAMAN100 said:

I have stopped playing this game seriously because my computer will restart itself [only when busy with this game] without warning.

This happens when the game is fully updated, my system operating system and drivers [including graphics drivers] are fully updated, no mods are used and no other programs are running on the system.

Basically I have come to the conclusion that the "lol" gaming gods have decided I am not allowed to play this game. Just emphasising the fact that it only happens with this game?!

Clean wipe - reinstall?

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,414 battles

@ASHAMAN100 there is a windows 10 setting that you can set what hours of the day you want win 10 to do such things as update search and maintenance task. If it is set to a default time ie 5 or 8pm ect that may be your problem. You should be able to set the time you prefer or to only on your command through the control panel. As another said if it is set to auto and WoWs is set for full screen you will not see the notice since it will be under the WoWs display. Anti virus automatic scans may cause this also!

[WOLF5]
Members
439 posts
18,178 battles

if it restarts and comes up with the standard windows warning that the previous restart was unexpected and wants to scan the hard drive, then you have a major hardware issue. Possibilities include:

1. bad memory - either video or system
  2. fan on video card is not working or is clogged with dust so the graphics card overheats and then causes the system to reboot. typically this is accompanied by random colors appearing on the screen immediately prior to the restart.
  3. clogged CPU fan causing an overheat on the processor. if the reboot process is long enough, this may return the temps to below the threshold and allow you to restart without the normal temperature warning.
  4. Dust or where you have the computer have compromised the airflow thru the box which would cause any of the above 3 things to trigger at much lower ambient temperatures then expected.

[O_O]
Beta Testers
159 posts
2,727 battles

This happened to me also.  And to my son when he was playing games on Steam.  Turns out I had to replace my Power Supply Unit.  That solved the problem for me.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,501 battles
25 minutes ago, ImaKillYou said:

Power supply or GFX card about to die

As odd as this power supply sounds my power bar failed although it worked till the game loaded in and started lasting for a few seconds than crash a new power bar fixed the issue