Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
tanker4244

OP CARRIERS AT TER 10

15 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
17,885 battles

Why do we need carriers that can drop torps 1click from an island and all of his torps hit?  Does the game need this we worry about DDs being OP all the time war gaming cutting the nuts on battle ships all the time. When in ranked the limited amount af ships in battle make ships a turkey shoot for carriers. You know maybe I"m just mad.  I think fair is fair . But I think this issue needs to be addressed

• Cool 1

[CASC1]
Members
24 posts
1,498 battles
25 minutes ago, tanker4244 said:

Why do we need carriers that can drop torps 1click from an island and all of his torps hit?  Does the game need this we worry about DDs being OP all the time war gaming cutting the nuts on battle ships all the time. When in ranked the limited amount af ships in battle make ships a turkey shoot for carriers. You know maybe I"m just mad.  I think fair is fair . But I think this issue needs to be addressed

Well someone missed the rework video they posted today

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,294 battles
29 minutes ago, tanker4244 said:

If you see a CV in the ranked queue, back out.

• Funny 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

You actually run into tier 10 carriers? Wow! What's your secret? I've been searching for one for EONS in my Worcester to club, but it's like I'm trying to find a Leprechaun or something. Closest I can manage is an Essex and HOO BOY was that guy in for a rude awakening when he found out that AFT + DFAA + Worcester = 15 dead planes starting from 8+ km out before they can even reach their target. Good times!

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,626 battles
55 minutes ago, Crucis said:

If you see a CV in the ranked queue, back out.

For some reason, in ranked and randoms the ships in queue seem to have little bearing on what MM finally puts together. Especially in relation to CVs. More often than not I will make a prediction for CV inclusion based on what ships are in the queue and am usually wrong. Even when it seems MM is having trouble scrapping together the number of ships needed, showing less than the required numbers of ships so certainly all ships shown must make it into the battle, no CV and twice as many DDs (or CAs or BBs) as the queue showed. Or no CVs in the queue and 2 per side show up. MM works in strange and mysterious (and purely evil) ways.

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
341 posts
6,559 battles

Had a run in with a carrier in ranked. My Des Moines took maybe 3 bomb hits from it. Meanwhile, I proceeded to wipe out 40 of his planes and got a medal for it. Protected my team as I should have and we won that round squarely. Of course, being that my Des is half skilled for the job of AA, it was much easier than if I had other skills. But considering that there aren't that many other useful tier 4 or 3 skills that I don't already have, I'll make do with what I've got.

[VW]
Members
1,832 posts
12,286 battles
2 hours ago, tanker4244 said:

You know its a cv match, dont yolo off. Stay with the team for grouped aa. This tactic is the same from tier 4 all the way up. By running off to get focused by the cv it’s you who’s ruining the match for your team, not the red cv.

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,832 posts
12,286 battles
1 hour ago, Tandin said:

Sure, theyll get unlimited planes but only be able to hit you with one at a time.

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles
4 hours ago, Tandin said:

The rework might be worse than the original CVs from what I have seen so far.

[SF-E]
Members
13 posts
11,533 battles

No other ship can the disparity of skill be so devastating as when you get a BAD cv player v a good one. That alone is the sole reason cvs should be removed from the game. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
16 posts
17,885 battles

I"m sorry my typing skills suck!!!  But I"M talking about (Ter 10) Ranked CVs in matches OP

ter 10)

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,602 posts
14,017 battles

My Worcester, Des Moines, Minotaur, Hindenburg, Montana love Tier X CVs!

TASTY AIRPLANES!

And for the DF-capable Cruisers, the AIRPLANES-B-GONE BUTTON! :Smile_teethhappy:

I only wish there were more CVs to feed my AA Boats.

And for all you guys going around, "AA Builds are pointless," well, you reap what you sow! :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[POD]
Members
37 posts
3,369 battles
On 9/5/2018 at 4:15 AM, nacho_grande_ said:

No other ship can the disparity of skill be so devastating as when you get a BAD cv player v a good one. That alone is the sole reason cvs should be removed from the game. 

Only when the team opposite the CV is clueless as to how to position themselves inside a friendly aa bubble.  A properly positioned team protected by a friendly cruisers aa can effectively neuter a CV regardless of skill.  

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Members
104 posts
2,956 battles

Carriers are really ruining the game for me and most people I talk to.  In most matches with CVs it is obvious in chat how people feel about playing with them.  I think they should consider competitive modes without carriers even with the rework that is coming.  Every content creator I watch has acknowledged they are broken and how long has this been going on? 

Sign in to follow this