You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hewvis

Ranked just aint FUN

Ranked battles   

73 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find ranked fun ? , have you seen the stupidity ?

• Yes so Frustrating
    • No i love it

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 12/06/2018 at 08:47 AM

32 comments in this topic

[ANZ4C]
[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
23 posts
7,268 battles

To whom it may concern 

been involved in ranked battles this season , about all i can say is find a way to either allow teams, friends, or something , because this is not fun!! frustrating two people in a match can ruin it for for all with just plain stupidity that borders on 1/4 of brain cells left or less 

Till ranked becomes fun , then aint interested 

• Cool 1

[JUICE]
Members
814 posts
6,369 battles

Kind of a biased poll. It is a grind and if you pay attention it will make you a better player. Everyone has good and bad matches, you have just got to set a goal to try and reach every day you plan to play ranked.

I have carried in some matches and I have also been carried in others, it just the nature of the ranked grind.

• Cool 1

[SAA]
Members
820 posts
26,872 battles

You want something called Clan Wars, WG all ready has it.  Ranked is for the psychotic players like me.

• Funny 1

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
753 posts
6,873 battles

Playing 1-2 battles in ranked every couple of days. Keeps it from feeling like a grind. I'll probably stop at rank 15 (or 12 if the tier X battles go well)

Just checked my performance so far and discovered this season I'm playing the HSF Harekaze at super unicum levels.... (As my head slowly expands....)

[PQUOD]
Members
204 posts
6,045 battles

What rank are you having trouble with? What class of ship are you using? Yes ranked can be a challenge for sure. 

I've also noticed MM has a huge impact on ranked. Sometimes it seems teams get really stacked. I've been on both sides of that equation. Stacked in your favour you almost have to ask your team mates to save a kill for you. On the flip side when the match is stacked against you, it seems your stopping the other team from reaching 1000 because your team is hitting zero first. If you start and win a game or two, stick with it for a little while. Momentum is on your side. If your getting beat the first three or four games no matter what you try, aggressive or defensive play yield the same result. Stop playing and let that wave pass.

I play DD and BB. I've had more luck driving a BB, Montana. It seems to be more forgiving with the higher hit points. In DD I sail the Gearing which is a good ship, but sailing against Russian DD's, radar cruisers, now the Japanese premium T10 makes it harder to advance. 

Good luck with what ever you do. I've got friends who forego ranked all together partly for the reason you gave.

[PSP]
Members
6,044 posts
8,585 battles

You are presenting a false dichotomy here. I like Ranked battles but don't like the attitudes of some of the players.

[WORX]
Members
1,652 posts
12,714 battles

IMO, The current season of Rank is, well,  a snooze fest. My admiration to those who had the tier X grind already in them before the season started. I never had it, I don;t like tier X, it just don;t fit against my aggressive play style.

The game mode it self is fun, I like the mode. The Meta at Tier X is totally against what Ranked stands for, although you may added it for a short while to add flavor, too much and its just not appetizing to ingest a lot.   Sadly, that is where I am atm, to much ingestion of food (tier X battles of any sort) I do not like and well...Doc recommends immediate detox at the lower and mid tiers. 

If you're at this point also rest assured you're not alone. FOr those of you who have Ranked out, you guys are not normal at least from a medical stand point of

my assessment ^^^. GL/HF

• Cool 3

[--O--]
Members
187 posts
18,000 battles

My two issues with ranked are it being t10, and saving stars, would a mix of tiers have been a bad thing? And why the hell is it so much harder to save your star in a dd than a bb 20km back from danger? Otherwise i enjoy the poisonous chat from ppl on a losing streak lmbo

[TMS]
Members
1,623 posts
21,656 battles

Too much of this in ranked, players who are just bad period.

I'm not good enough to carry bad teams, they just flat out drag me down with them.

And this rank reason if full of save a star yamato's

XrtraA.png

Edited by Final8ty

Members
855 posts
3,478 battles
7 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

Too much of this in ranked, players who are just bad period.

I'm not good enough to carry bad teams, they just flat out drag me down with them.

And this rank reason if full of save a star yamato's

XrtraA.png

Not sure why your complaining when the other team is just as bad. 

Members
855 posts
3,478 battles

In any case, I have had my fill of ranked, I got to rank 6 today and then losing streak right back with just one star in ranked 7. I'm burn out and maybe I'll give it another go later in the season but I had had enough for now. 

[TMS]
Members
1,623 posts
21,656 battles
9 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Not sure why your complaining when the other team is just as bad.

So 2 bads makes a right.

I said its full of bad players and that's the point and the fact, its not about which side has the most bad players.

Edited by Final8ty

Members
309 posts

Ranked isn't a competitive mode, it's a long as hell grind where losing significant progress is a consistent and common occurrence.

Of course it's not "fun".

[ASHIP]
Members
46 posts
9,076 battles

Did you know that you can CHOOSE to play something else, you are not held hostage to play ranked. I know this may come as a shock.

[1NJS]
Members
32 posts
4,413 battles

So do you want to know if it is fun?  Or if we've seen the stupidity?

Because you are about as clear as mud in your questions and the options you give as potential answers.

[BARON]
Members
24 posts
8,163 battles

I wish you had added at 3rd question to answer. I like ranked, but I have also seen some stupid players. And at times, I are one of the the stooped. It doesn't take a big mistake to get you deleted or put your team in a bad position.

I see a consistent theme in saving stars coupled with very different play styles being a regular source of frustration, often with several players accusing each other of being a potato or noob. This hinges on some players being very aggressive and others being slower and more methodical. Both playstyles can work, mixed together less so. A push needs to be supported to have a chance, but so does playing position battle to draw the enemy into you defensive fire. When one guy decides to push and rest hang back, that can be a bad deal all the way around. 

Reading your own team's mindset is a skill that I have improved on, though only marginally. It gets really bad when players start insulting each other of flinging useless commands around as it tends to make me stop reading chat, which can on occasion have valuable information in it.

So I have enjoyed ranked, but I have to keep in mind it is what it is and keep trying to get better reading my own team as much, if not more, than the reds.

Members
32 posts
3,249 battles

Although occasionally frustrating I am finding Ranked to be incredibly intense.  I only have 2 Tier X ships the DM and Repub and they're both working well for me.

As long as I don't overextend and screw myself over the Republique is a beast and a killing machine.  Her ability to flex around and re-position is 2nd to none in the BB class, I love her dearly.

I struggled with the Des Moines at first but I'm starting to love her in Ranked.  Her late game power with that 1st class DPM makes for some super intense finishes to matches.  I absolutely love wrecking overextended ships with the DM, there is nothing in the game that is safe from her AP!

[WOLF2]
Members
867 posts
7,026 battles
9 hours ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

Kind of a biased poll. It is a grind and if you pay attention it will make you a better player. Everyone has good and bad matches, you have just got to set a goal to try and reach every day you plan to play ranked.

I have carried in some matches and I have also been carried in others, it just the nature of the ranked grind.

THIS^^^^^

I didn't answer your poll, because you only provided one answer, but had two distinct questions.   Yes, I've had fun, and Yes, I've been in heavily-salted potato matches (and been the potato on a few rounds).

I had two goals - reach irrevocable R12 and play for the goodies (flags, steel, etc.), and to grind for the ultimate upgrades and elite commander XP.

And, as you play more, it can help your game play - on positioning, on situational awareness, etc.     Of course, you'll get those potato matches, and every DD suicides within 3 minutes, or everyone lemmings one way, no communication, etc.  And I'll have some of those games too, hoping for a carry.

But overall, since I hit my goal and am making improvements on my gameplay, the stress and salt have been nearly non-existent.    I have exceeded that R12 goal and made it to 10.    I'll keep going - let's see if we can get to R5.

Members
634 posts
4,157 battles

Your poll is one of extremes, so I'm not using it.

On topic though, every season I play through 1-3 ranks and then call it quits. I find the entire experience of ranked battles to be 80% frustration for 20% enjoyment. In my one and only ranked battle yesterday I had a 'friendly' Cleveland spend the entire match behind an island firing broadsides at me in my Z-23 from maximum range. At least the red team was worse.

Members
13 posts
3,021 battles
4 hours ago, Final8ty said:

XrtraA.png

That is one disgusting picture. So 4 players took their first trip out in a new ship and 2 are in their second battle?  Only you and the green Hindenburg player should be playing Ranked.  Don't know if ranked puts people on the same ranked level into matches together but Wargaming should do that.  Players ranked at level 10 should play others at that same rank.  I played one Ranked battle (with Prinz Eugen which I have a 73% win rate in) and it was not fun.  Yeah, I'm Rank 23 now-Hold the F&^%$ing presses!!

In addition to playing Ranked at the same level, I have 2 more suggestions. 

First, Rank should start at a lower Tier (I'm thinking 6) and advance up one Tier every 4 or 5 levels of Rank. Top 5 Ranks would play at Tier 10.

2nd.  Stop this saving stars nonsense.  You should only be able to advance by winning. No knocking players down for losing matches but only winning let's you advance.  And your winning percentage MUST increase each level to advance Ranks.  Reset the minimum winning percentage to 50% when you reach the next tier of ships.  No more Rank 1 players with losing records.

[TSN]
Members
68 posts
3,101 battles

My ranked experience has been very strange. I started off going like 2-12 over a couple of days. After a few more days it went pretty much the opposite with a ton of wins and barely any losses. I had 2 losses in a row on Sunday night and was off of work on Monday for the holiday and ended up building a 10 game losing streak. I would only play a couple of games at a time and then I would take a break with a fresh attitude but I was off of work and planned to do some ranked grinding so I just had to keep trying. Hell I even saved my star in 5 of those games, and I play for the win(stupidly). 

But yeah it has been extremely streaky for me so far.