Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
stormdeath01

XP Formula Needs ALOT of Work

8 comments in this topic

[-RNG-]
Alpha Tester
28 posts
2,548 battles

Can anyone explain how this makes sense. Please remember this is not a full battle but ranked. So keep in mind that numbers all around will be lower. 

I had a pretty good match in ranked(I understand I am not unicum), I fully expected to get either top xp or maybe second, remote possibly of third. This I can understand and easily have lived with. but to have a game like that and get 5th is a real problem. Also notice I almost did 4X the damage as the hit point of my ship.

I understand that alot of people might think I am just winning but I promise I am not. I have had 7 battles in ranked were I had awesome games and lost the top XP spot to Conquerors that sit in the back at the edge of the map and farm damage. Is that the game that Wargaming wants were skill means next to nothing? Destroyers are already hard enough to play given the direction of the game but now if you play one expect to get little or no XP for your effort. Something has to change. 

image.thumb.png.3bdb12180f4fdf6308131c54613b2e8f.png

image.png.8f2493ca3a4df1dcb6d3e5b90ed24636.png

image.thumb.png.3d6f0ba3639ce3ed8a84bf711e4f199b.png

image.thumb.png.2a7d0f819bab29c66fe77f9e9f990107.png

• Boring 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
146 posts
6,052 battles

It looks like you got some xp for mostly capping, but not as much xp for your damage since you did less than 50% of the BB's health. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,747 posts
6,713 battles
10 minutes ago, stormdeath01 said:

Can anyone explain how this makes sense

62 cap points isn't much. Neither is 65k damage on BBs, and a little bit on the cruiser. Though I'd expect the kills to push you a bit higher.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,291 battles
21 minutes ago, stormdeath01 said:

Can anyone explain how this makes sense. Please remember this is not a full battle but ranked. So keep in mind that numbers all around will be lower. 

I had a pretty good match in ranked(I understand I am not unicum), I fully expected to get either top xp or maybe second, remote possibly of third. This I can understand and easily have lived with. but to have a game like that and get 5th is a real problem. Also notice I almost did 4X the damage as the hit point of my ship.

I understand that alot of people might think I am just winning but I promise I am not. I have had 7 battles in ranked were I had awesome games and lost the top XP spot to Conquerors that sit in the back at the edge of the map and farm damage. Is that the game that Wargaming wants were skill means next to nothing? Destroyers are already hard enough to play given the direction of the game but now if you play one expect to get little or no XP for your effort. Something has to change. 

image.thumb.png.3bdb12180f4fdf6308131c54613b2e8f.png

image.png.8f2493ca3a4df1dcb6d3e5b90ed24636.png

image.thumb.png.2a7d0f819bab29c66fe77f9e9f990107.png

The problem is that you didn't do that 73k damage to DDs.  Against DDs, that damage would have been a huge percentage of their health.  Against 2 BBs and a cruiser, not so much.  Frankly, that really wasn't that great a game when you did only 73k damage to heavies.  If you're in a DD and want to get great XP primarily damaging heavies, you need to do more total damage and a higher percentage of the overall damage vs each of those ships.  You'd probably want to be thinking about doing around 100-130k or more if you're looking to be in the top 2 XP earners on a winning team doing mostly damage to heavies.

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,725 battles
1 hour ago, stormdeath01 said:

Others have pointed out that your damage done was to BBs. I will not bang on this point, it has been covered.

Now for the key to ranked: Kill DDs. If you kill DDs, not only will you win games, but you will score a lot of XP. The key to winning in ranked is to find and kill the enemy DDs. It is that simple.

Farming damage from a fat, slow, dumb BB may look appealing, but it will keep you from getting or keeping your star.

[LOU1]
Members
2,871 posts
7,996 battles

As others have stated, XP from damage is based on the percentage of a ship's health, not the raw amount.  That's why everyone wants to shoot  DDs.  When I go DD hunting, I may only get 30k or 40k of damage, but if it is all from DDs (especially if they are higher tier) the XP is large.

[HECA]
Members
95 posts
2,545 battles

Personally.... I think DD's get the shaft when Spotting for the Heavies.
Especially when you smoke up and end up  blocking the friendlies vision as well as your own. Which forces a DD to silence their gun and push outside of their own smoke.

Have no clue what the game rewards for Spotting, but it's definitely not a very fun job. And is always the game changer....

Don't think I can count the number of times when the 3 destroyers on my team.. go off on their own leaving the rest of the team to fend for themselves.... and lose.

Edited by Hydra_360ci

[JFSOC]
Members
391 posts
7,185 battles
On 9/4/2018 at 10:15 PM, Hydra_360ci said:

Personally.... I think DD's get the shaft when Spotting for the Heavies.
Especially when you smoke up and end up  blocking the friendlies vision as well as your own. Which forces a DD to silence their gun and push outside of their own smoke.

Have no clue what the game rewards for Spotting, but it's definitely not a very fun job. And is always the game changer....

Don't think I can count the number of times when the 3 destroyers on my team.. go off on their own leaving the rest of the team to fend for themselves.... and lose.

I agree with your point here, but the potential damage a DD can cause balances this out. I would like to see a minor buff in spotting points though, I spend a lot of time  doing that.  ;-)

JFSOC.davo916.gif

Sign in to follow this