You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rafael_azuaje

Stalingran & Kronshtadt 305mm 1928 HE

14 comments in this topic

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles

I was reviewing the Kronstadt and the Stalingrad and their HE projectiles are the same 1928 model, however the stalingrand is far superior to the Kronshtadt. but why???

being the same projectile model 1928 HE the estaligrand has 33% and the kronshtadt 24%

was also reviewed oktyabrskaya revolutsiya that has caliber 305mm matches the same percentage of HE with 33%, I guess that is according to the caliber of the projectile

the velocity of the projectile 1928 HE of the kronshtadt is of 920 m / s and the staligrand 950 m / s.

also revised the dispersion with a similar range the difference is very remarkable
the kronshtadt has 271m with 21.1k
the staligrand has 219m with 20.4

I think that we should have the same values in both protectiles if they are the same model, I think an unfair nerf towards the kronstadt equal its very exaggerated dispersion 271mm ??? his HE of the kronshtad is inferior in everything to the staligrand and to the oktyabrskaya revolutsiya even the margin of damage.

Damaged HE 305mm
staligrand = 4500 33% HE 1928      / 950 m/s
kronshtadt = 4200 24% HE 1928   / 920m/s
oktyabrskaya revolutsiya = 4500 33% HE 1911--------

Sop3fqx.jpeg

zQhJUqF.jpeg

OImN2WG.jpeg

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
750 posts
6,832 battles

It's all about BALANZ, comrade!

But, I do agree with you...

Edited by Thraxian

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,317 posts
11,420 battles

Oktober is a pure battleship at it's tier the values are for balance.

The Stalingrad has dispersion ellipses similar to Graf Spee. The higher velocity and fire chance are to balance it with tier 10.

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,205 posts
6,433 battles

Both ships use the Graf Spee dispersion formula, so the horizontal dispersion itself is not different. Vertical dispersion should be similar as well, but small changed there are possible due to the ballistics. Sigma is the only big difference between the two in terms of accuracy.

From what I know, they are actually not using the same projectiles. I would summon someone with more insight into that matter, @ValkyrWarframe might have an answer for this.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
2 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

I was reviewing the Kronstadt and the Stalingrad and their HE projectiles are the same 1928 model, however the stalingrand is far superior to the Kronshtadt. but why???

You are absolutely right; we should nerf Stalingrad and Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya until they all three share Kronsdadt's stats. Thank you for pointing this error out Comrade!

NOW GO TO GULAG!

• Funny 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,172 posts
9,616 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

You are absolutely right; we should nerf Stalingrad and Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya until they all three share Kronsdadt's stats. Thank you for pointing this error out Comrade!

NOW GO TO GULAG!

First thing I thought when I saw the post. Beat me to it.

2 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

The higher velocity and fire chance are to balance it with tier 10.

Balance and Stalingrad have nothing in common.

• Cool 1

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles

I think that if the projectile model 1928 HE has 33% and is correct it is a projectile 305mm of fire should have it for the kronshtadt equal its speed, just that! It is not nerf because it ruins the beautiful ship.

[TASH]
Members
4,991 posts
7,894 battles
10 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

Both ships use the Graf Spee dispersion formula, so the horizontal dispersion itself is not different. Vertical dispersion should be similar as well, but small changed there are possible due to the ballistics. Sigma is the only big difference between the two in terms of accuracy.

From what I know, they are actually not using the same projectiles. I would summon someone with more insight into that matter, @ValkyrWarframe might have an answer for this.

@rafael_azuajeMy only explanation I can grasp from these shells that are named the same is the fact it's a developer oversight.  Stalingrad's HE shell weighed 467 kg, Kronshtadt's weighed 374.7 kg.  There was no official designation for these shells, so I guess they just went with something lazy.

As for the muzzle velocity they probably ratio'd it from the weight of the AP shell and its muzzle velocity, taken to a lighter shell and approximating ballistics of it.

Dispersion wise, I can only attribute it to Kronshtadt having battleship and then some dispersion, at 13.25 meters/km, while Stalingrad has Graf Spee dispersion at 10.71 meters/km.

If you want some help playing Kronshtadt, I have a guide.

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles
9 hours ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

@rafael_azuajeMy only explanation I can grasp from these shells that are named the same is the fact it's a developer oversight.  Stalingrad's HE shell weighed 467 kg, Kronshtadt's weighed 374.7 kg.  There was no official designation for these shells, so I guess they just went with something lazy.

As for the muzzle velocity they probably ratio'd it from the weight of the AP shell and its muzzle velocity, taken to a lighter shell and approximating ballistics of it.

Dispersion wise, I can only attribute it to Kronshtadt having battleship and then some dispersion, at 13.25 meters/km, while Stalingrad has Graf Spee dispersion at 10.71 meters/km.

If you want some help playing Kronshtadt, I have a guide.

I share your opinion about the dispersion of the projectiles maybe the sigling of the stalingrand helped a lot to improve the dispersion, however it should readjust the% fire of the kronsntadt to 33% as it has the stalingrand and the OTK-R, they are the same caliber but with equal% chance of fire and its speed at 950M / s.

the 1928 model projectiles were perhaps very successful, when the war began the USSR could not develop a successor and continued with the model 1928. until after the WW2 ended, if you check the staligrang its AP projectile is a post-war 1948 model and if it is slightly higher than the AP 1928 model of the Kronshtadt

Members
227 posts
803 battles
On 9/4/2018 at 8:39 PM, dmckay said:

Players. All about the captain.

The stalingrad makes the kronstadt look like a rusting hunk of T3 garbage. They aren't sister ships. Or cousin ships. Or even same species ships. If you took off Stalingrad's HE, and consumables, other than heal, it'd still be a ridiculously OP ship.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,582 posts
14,010 battles

I don't think Kronshtadt needs any help.

K4x3fln.jpg

It was doing extremely well right when it came out, and it's still doing very well now.  Kronshtadt is fine as she currently stands.  Alaska's arrival will make it more competitive for her.  I am more concerned that it completely outstrips the regular Tier IX Cruisers.  I am also positive Alaska will dominate over them as well.

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles
12 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I don't think Kronshtadt needs any help.

K4x3fln.jpg

It was doing extremely well right when it came out, and it's still doing very well now.  Kronshtadt is fine as she currently stands.  Alaska's arrival will make it more competitive for her.  I am more concerned that it completely outstrips the regular Tier IX Cruisers.  I am also positive Alaska will dominate over them as well.

it is not help if it is not adjusted check your HE 305mm is exactly the same as the stalingrand but much lower to cause fires. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,554 posts
3,734 battles

If you have to spam HE in a Kron, then you're not using her right.

• Cool 1