You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ol_Cajun

Chat spam

21 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
270 posts
6,002 battles

WG, could you implement a way to silence a player who constantly keeps hitting the F keys throughout the whole FREAKING match. Turned my sound off, so much for immersive game play. Wish you had popped that screen asking how satisfied I was with the game. Why would you devs force us to listen to that? I tried everything I could during the match, nada, zip, just endless spam from the squidstick. If there is  way could someone please tell me?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I am sorry for your Aggravation but this is part of WG's "Fun and Engaging TM" gameplay.

There is no known way to shut them off unless there is a mod I am not aware of. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,135 posts
8,749 battles

What are the odds that someone got a chat ban and are acting out? I would start a support ticket.

Alpha Tester
270 posts
6,002 battles

It's not in me to report folks. I'd let my daughter beat hell out of him though. Seems I read somewhere that chat spammers have small, ....you know, things down there, so maybe he won't breed. With that happy thought I have a post-it note to cover chat, and I'll turn up my music next time.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,135 posts
8,749 battles

I would also use the in game system and report them for Misbehavior in Chat because the F key's impact chat.

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles

There is supposedly a filter™ to prevent people from spamming too many F-key messages, but the timer is pretty short and you have to really spam the hell out of it to get it to trigger. Yes, I have tested this for myself when, a couple of nights ago, I found myself all alone as the only human in a Co-op game full of bots.

[PQUOD]
Members
190 posts
5,976 battles

Yeah it's no fun playing with a spammer troll on the team. I had a friend tell me once if you blacklist someone that the MM's would flag them and you so you wasn't paired up again. 

I don't think it works 100% of the time (if at all) though. There probably wouldn't be anybody left to match up with if that was true. 

Just try to ignore them the best you can, and hope you never see them again.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,135 posts
8,749 battles
7 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Yeah it's no fun playing with a spammer troll on the team. I had a friend tell me once if you blacklist someone that the MM's would flag them and you so you wasn't paired up again. 

I don't think it works 100% of the time (if at all) though. There probably wouldn't be anybody left to match up with if that was true. 

Just try to ignore them the best you can, and hope you never see them again.

If you blacklist someone you will not see their chat but you will see them in matches.

• Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

What are the odds that someone got a chat ban and are acting out? I would start a support ticket.

I'd say about 100% Ran into a few of them since they changed the chat ban thing...The last time he was on the red team and my entire team focused him as soon as he was spotted....I got the kill, and was the one to type "bye." I'm not usually like that, but this guy was messing with everyone's game. 

[TRW]
Members
16 posts
5,207 battles

I thought if you hit shift-tab you can click on the user (might be right click) and ignore/blacklist a user..... I am sure I had to do this once with someone spamming while I was trying to coordinate with another CV on locations

[-BMV-]
Members
177 posts
13,239 battles
1 hour ago, ol_Cajun said:

It's not in me to report folks

Players are encouraged by WG to report F-Key spammers as that is a huge offense that could result in accounts been suspended or banned. If you have the replay you should report him, if not for you do it for the rest of the players, no one deserve to play with those annoying pests. I have encountered two of this spammers, i have the replay of one of them and i will submit a ticket it if i see him doing it again as i want to make sure he gets punished for it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,135 posts
8,749 battles
54 minutes ago, Sidelock said:

Players are encouraged by WG to report F-Key spammers as that is a huge offense that could result in accounts been suspended or banned. If you have the replay you should report him, if not for you do it for the rest of the players, no one deserve to play with those annoying pests. I have encountered two of this spammers, i have the replay of one of them and i will submit a ticket it if i see him doing it again as i want to make sure he gets punished for it.

F-key spam appears in chat and they do have those available but if you do have a replay send it too.

Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

There probably wouldn't be anybody left to match up with if that was true. 

Why...it's not like there are a bunch of people doing it...just a few...& most stop as soon as battle engages.

Only 1 TROLL I have ever seen do it throughout the match (& I do believe he was a REROLL account).

He might not have anybody left to match up w/if everybody blacklists him but there really isn't enough people doing it for it to make a difference for anybody else.

Alpha Tester
270 posts
6,002 battles

No replay. Don't have the added software to enable replays. That's another thing ,  wish WG would just make replays an game option.

1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Why...it's not like there are a bunch of people doing it...just a few...& most stop as soon as battle engages.

Only 1 TROLL I have ever seen do it throughout the match (& I do believe he was a REROLL account).

He might not have anybody left to match up w/if everybody blacklists him but there really isn't enough people doing it for it to make a difference for anybody else.

It seems you know exactly what I'm talking about.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,740 posts
6,702 battles
2 hours ago, Stampineer said:

I thought if you hit shift-tab you can click on the user (might be right click) and ignore/blacklist a user

Mutes them in chat, but doesn't mute their F-keys. A screw-up on the part of WG, if you ask me.

Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles
30 minutes ago, ol_Cajun said:

No replay. Don't have the added software to enable replays. That's another thing ,  wish WG would just make replays an game option.

It seems you know exactly what I'm talking about.

BTW...like the profile quotes...great punchline at the end.

[-BMV-]
Members
177 posts
13,239 battles
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

F-key spam appears in chat and they do have those available but if you do have a replay send it too.

Ill do it as soon as i get access to my external hard drive. I have the replay file there and i lend it to my brother.... who's out of town. I'm actually waiting to see this guy again so i can have additional proof of his behavior.

Edited by Sidelock