Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GE_Capital

84 comments in this topic

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,583 posts
5,852 battles

IMG_7436.thumb.PNG.288af16a1c8105e2ea9b54cdcb5f2acf.PNG

That's the size of the gap between a ship fully-kitted out for AA, and one with stock values.  

935%.  

By comparison, main guns and torpedoes do not exceed 40%.  Why?  Duh, it'd be broken for one ship to reload 10 times faster than an identical one on the enemy team.

Fix the 935% problem, and you fix a big part of the CV problem.

• Bad 10

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,423 battles

Yes, because the delta in AA effectiveness is the reason CVs can cross drop, scout the entire map and have such an enormous skill gap, which are the main reasons for the CV rework.

And I'm Queen Elizabeth.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,583 posts
5,852 battles
33 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yes, because the delta in AA effectiveness is the reason CVs can cross drop, scout the entire map and have such an enormous skill gap, which are the main reasons for the CV rework.

And I'm Queen Elizabeth.

Non-sequitar.  The most-often complained about problem is CV over- or under-effectiveness when striking ships.  Please keep your personal issues with me to yourself.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 7

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,423 battles
Just now, _V12 said:

Non-sequitar.  The most-often complained about problem is CV over- or under-effectiveness when striking ships.  Please keep your personal issues with me to yourself.

You're deluded if you think this is about you. Who are you again?

It's about your thread and your claim.

The problems with CVs is multi-fold:

• Their ability to cross drop and delete ships at will, regardless of AA spec. If a determined CV wants you deleted, you're getting deleted.
  • Their ability to keep the entire map spotted.
  • Their skill gap between bad CV players and good CV players.

The delta in AA effectiveness between non AA spec and full AA spec ships is tangently related to the first, it just makes it more costly to at-will delete a ship, but the ship is still getting deleted.

• Cool 14
  • Bad 1

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,583 posts
5,852 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

You're deluded if you think this is about you. Who are you again?

Who are you again?

It's about your thread and your claim.

The problems with CVs is multi-fold:

• Their ability to cross drop and delete ships at will, regardless of AA spec. If a determined CV wants you deleted, you're getting deleted.

Fabrication, idiocy, and non-constructive opinion of a classic "Remove CV".

• Their ability to keep the entire map spotted.

Sounds like your CV sucks.

• Their skill gap between bad CV players and good CV players.

Plenty of ways to solve this other than "remove CV".

The delta in AA effectiveness between non AA spec and full AA spec ships is tangently related to the first, it just makes it more costly to at-will delete a ship, but the ship is still getting deleted.

Completely false.  Get a clue.

• Boring 4
  • Bad 12

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,423 battles
8 minutes ago, _V12 said:

Who are you again?

Someone you apparently believe has a personal vendetta against you. Case in point:

17 minutes ago, _V12 said:

Please keep your personal issues with me to yourself.

I'm trying to remember you at all.

Anyways, I've said my piece, you're just being contrary and delusional now. Have fun with that.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,885 posts
3,260 battles
5 minutes ago, _V12 said:

Fabrication, idiocy, and non-constructive opinion of a classic "Remove CV".

So a Cleveland specced for AA getting deleted by a cross drop must have been a fabrication as well then... If you think truth is a non-constructive opinion, then you are very delusional.

7 minutes ago, _V12 said:

Keeping almost the entire map spotted, is the sign of a good CV, not one that sucks.

8 minutes ago, _V12 said:

Plenty of ways to solve this other than "remove CV".

He never said "Remove CVs" so stop strawmanning his argument.

9 minutes ago, _V12 said:

Completely false.  Get a clue.

You're the one who hasn't got a clue. The biggest reason for the CV Rework, is the discrepancy of the skill gap, not AA. If AA was the issue, a simple fix in the DPS output of AA batteries, would be all that is required for the CV Rework, but it wouldn't be a CV Rework, if all that was needed was DPS changes. But no, the CV Rework is being done Specifically because of the skill gap, NOT because of AA. Naturally, CV Rework also means AA Rework, but priorities are on reducing the huge gap between new players and veteran players, when it comes to CV.

• Cool 1

Members
17,676 posts
5,084 battles
20 minutes ago, _V12 said:

Well..... yeah. That's one of the big issues. If you have one ship that sucks, and I have one that doesn't, the skill level of the rest of our teams is pretty much irrelevant.

I want to see more CVs. I don't want CVs to be pariahs anymore....

Edited by Skpstr

[BNKR]
Members
644 posts
659 battles

So, you're saying the problem with carriers is that anti-aircraft suites are too powerful? That's what it seems like you're saying, but I'm sure I'm just reading it incorrectly. 

Members
17,676 posts
5,084 battles
10 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Keeping almost the entire map spotted, is the sign of a good CV, not one that sucks.

I think he meant that the enemy can only keep so much of the map spotted if your CV sucks.

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,583 posts
5,852 battles
10 minutes ago, Lert said:

Someone you apparently believe has a personal vendetta against you. Case in point:

I'm trying to remember you at all.

Anyways, I've said my piece, you're just being contrary and delusional now. Have fun with that.

I simply assumed based on the heavy sarcasm of your post and the incredulity of your opinion.  Then you take a piss and leave.  But thanks for leaving.

2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Well..... yeah. That's one of the big issues. If you have one ship that sucks, and I have one that doesn't, the skill level of the rest of our teams is pretty much irrelevant.

Not as much as one usually thinks.  Otherwise people like me & Anumati would have 95% winrates.  

3 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

So, you're saying the problem with carriers is that anti-aircraft suites are too powerful? That's what it seems like you're saying, but I'm sure I'm just reading it incorrectly. 

The disparity in power is the issue.  Why is one Zao useless and the other more powerful than an entire country's AA?  Because WG set up the system with a 935% difference between base and full-spec.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 8

[-K-]
Supertester
5,137 posts
8,913 battles
12 minutes ago, _V12 said:

Not as much as one usually thinks.  Otherwise people like me & Anumati would have 95% winrates.  

That wasn't his point. His point was that the skill disparity between opposing CVs is more indicative of the outcome than any other ship matchup in the game. 

And, while you might not be able to, people ARE able to maintain absurdly high WR%, even solo. Filtering by WR, the top 4 places are CV players. Yes, they're rerolls, but there are just as many (if not more) DD, BB, and CA/CL rerolls as there are CV rerolls. 

KtezStj.png

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT
  • Cool 4

[DPG]
Members
816 posts
4,176 battles
2 minutes ago, _V12 said:

The disparity in power is the issue.  Why is one Zao useless and the other more powerful than an entire country's AA?  Because WG set up the system with a 935% difference between base and full-spec.

AA disparity has nothing to do with the reasons for the rework.  The rework is happening to put CVs more in line with how the rest of the game functions.  Some people are really good at an RTS, a lot of people just don't have the micromanaging skills needed to play that way.  CVs are largely unpopular because the huge difference between someone learning CV and someone who is only slightly above average.  The abuse you receive if you aren't as skilled as the enemy is immense.  It's a catch 22.  You tell someone to "git gud" while also telling them not to even play CV until they are.  You can't get better unless you face human opponents and that is a big uphill climb for some that are interested in the ship type. More often then not they simply give up trying and you end up with a type of ship a very small percentage actually play.  Getting more people interested in CV will justify the money and development time.

I liken this change to FPS typically keeping PC and console gamers on separate servers.  The controls are so vastly different that it's like they're playing two different games.  There is an inherent advantage to RTS over first person or third person.  That advantage is vision.  There is no fog of war in this game like a typical rts. 

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,583 posts
5,852 battles
20 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

So a Cleveland specced for AA getting deleted by a cross drop must have been a fabrication as well then...

Yes.  A properly-managed AA Cleveland is immune from being dev-struck by a carrier with the exception of extremely-fortunate AP bombs.

If instead you messed up and got punished, that's not a balance issue.  Why is it acceptable for a poorly-played cruiser to be punished by a BB, or by torpedoes from a DD, but not by a CV?  Silliness.

If you think truth is a non-constructive opinion, then you are very delusional.

I heard Pravda is hiring.

Already covered by @Skpstr, thanks.

He never said "Remove CVs" so stop strawmanning his argument.

His opinion is obvious, but of course he won't outright say it.  Claiming otherwise is absurd.

You're the one who hasn't got a clue.

My stats across every class and comp experience suggest otherwise.

The biggest reason for the CV Rework, is the discrepancy of the skill gap, not AA. If AA was the issue, a simple fix in the DPS output of AA batteries, would be all that is required for the CV Rework, but it wouldn't be a CV Rework, if all that was needed was DPS changes.

What in the world hints that WG has a clue what they're doing?  

But no, the CV Rework is being done Specifically because of the skill gap, NOT because of AA. Naturally, CV Rework also means AA Rework, but priorities are on reducing the huge gap between new players and veteran players, when it comes to CV.

An artificially WG-created skill gap.

• Bad 10

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

This needs to go on The View "Hot Topics"

Whoopie and Joy would be good for this Drivel.

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,583 posts
5,852 battles
6 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

That wasn't his point. His point was that the skill disparity between opposing CVs is more indicative of the outcome than any other ship matchup in the game. 

And, while you might not be able to, people ARE able to maintain absurdly high WR%, even solo. Filtering by WR, the top 4 places are CV players. Yes, they're rerolls, but there are just as many (if not more) DD, BB, and CA/CL rerolls as there are CV rerolls. 

KtezStj.png

77% is a far cry from 95% Kombat.  By the claims of these players, that's where that stat would be: "it's impossible to win a game when your CV is worse", --48% player, 2018.  I'm not arguing CVs don't have undue influence.  The implication that they are the whole match - a line parroted by tomatoes day in, day out - is what's on trial.

• Bad 2

[-K-]
Supertester
5,137 posts
8,913 battles
Just now, _V12 said:

77% is a far cry from 95% Kombat.  By the claims of these players, that's where that stat would be: "it's impossible to win a game when your CV is worse", --48% player, 2018.  I'm not arguing CVs don't have undue influence.  The implication that they are the whole match - a line parroted by tomatoes day in, day out - is what's on trial.

You were making hyperbole with the "95%". The point is that the influence is disproportionate and the numbers show that. 

• Cool 2

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,583 posts
5,852 battles
1 minute ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

You were making hyperbole with the "95%". The point is that the influence is disproportionate and the numbers show that. 

Just as the BB is disproportionately influential in CB, and in other situations DDs or CAs.  Increased influence in certain situations is just how it is.

[PNG]
Beta Testers
3 posts
2,901 battles

Yet when you lump everyone into random battles without removing any classes or making small team sizes it's the CV players who always get the higher winrates

:Smile_popcorn:

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,423 battles
43 minutes ago, _V12 said:

I simply assumed based on the heavy sarcasm of your post and the incredulity of your opinion.

Yes, because I never post with sarcasm ever, that is totally something I've never ever done before in my life.

27 minutes ago, _V12 said:

His opinion is obvious, but of course he won't outright say it.  Claiming otherwise is absurd.

Apparently I want CVs removed. Huh. Who knew. I sure didn't.

I'm so glad you're here to tell me my opinion on things, because I've never been known to have my own opinion about something or to post it.

Please, tell me more about me, because you seem to think about me a lot and know all my opinions about things.

• Funny 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Yes, because I never post with sarcasm ever, that is totally something I've never ever done before in my life.

Apparently I want CVs removed. Huh. Who knew. I sure didn't.

I'm so glad you're here to tell me my opinion on things, because I've never been known to have my own opinion about something or to post it.

Please, tell me more about me, because you seem to think about me a lot and know all my opinions about things.

People get like the OP when they get emotionally involved with a game, especially when they feel themselves to be a cut above others, and find they may lose that position...

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,924 posts
6,423 battles
45 minutes ago, _V12 said:

I simply assumed based on the heavy sarcasm of your post and the incredulity of your opinion.  Then you take a piss and leave.  But thanks for leaving.

its because Lert knows when to stop and when someone just isnt going to listen, you however, dont seem to