You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Phasferous

Tour of Duty Raffle Check?

15 comments in this topic

[RAWR]
Members
424 posts

So with the Tour of Duty, is there any way to even check if they counted a raffle entry for you?

I mean I am working on the current one (USN St. Louis) but I am not even sure how to check if they will know to count it. I mean I am taking screenshot for proof (that's sadly the standard now for games and game companies like this), but how will I even know if I need to send those in?

I mean if the Pirate event is anything to go by with how many players have gotten screwed over with that, how will I know if my entry will even be added to the drawing?

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
415 posts
12,618 battles

Radar X posted a note in this topic (post #9):

Short version.  There is no visible tracking tool for players, WG powers that be will be tracking this internally.

Edited by HamptonRoads

[RAWR]
Members
424 posts
1 minute ago, HamptonRoads said:

Radar X posted a note in this topic (post #9):

Short version.  There is no visible tracking tool for players, WG powers that be will be tracking this internally.

So essentially there is no way to make sure you are entered? Swell because that's a big game of chance. With how WGing has flubbed events in the past and left out players who should have rightfully been included (like the recent pirates event to name one), that doesn't instill much courage or trust in the Tour of Duty drawing.

Nothing stopping them from either ignoring player raffle entries or "accidentally" leaving players out because they failed to notice that the player played the required ship.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
7 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

So essentially there is no way to make sure you are entered? Swell because that's a big game of chance. With how WGing has flubbed events in the past and left out players who should have rightfully been included (like the recent pirates event to name one), that doesn't instill much courage or trust in the Tour of Duty drawing.

Nothing stopping them from either ignoring player raffle entries or "accidentally" leaving players out because they failed to notice that the player played the required ship.

To be Honest To win all you need is a Cashiers check sent to  Admins. There is no way to police this. Does anyone actually trust the powers that be to do the right thing?

Remember the Nation it is from.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

An event smashed on top of a bunch of other half cocked events... I doubt 1% of the player base even knows it’s a thing and of that 1% approximately 10% care since clearly WG doesn’t... otherwise it would be easier to track progress and, you know, be a thing.

[RAWR]
Members
424 posts
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

To be Honest To win all you need is a Cashiers check sent to  Admins. There is no way to police this. Does anyone actually trust the powers that be to do the right thing?

Your post made very little sense to me. I really don't know what you are talking about.

[RAWR]
Members
424 posts
Just now, _ENO_ said:

An event smashed on top of a bunch of other half cocked events... I doubt 1% of the player base even knows it’s a thing and of that 1% approximately 10% care since clearly WG doesn’t... otherwise it would be easier to track progress and, you know, be a thing.

I guess that does make sense. Since there is no opt-in button like other events have had. Plus with the lack of being able to make sure your in-game participation counts, its also shows how this event isn't really being taken seriously. Even though I don't really want to put in the in-game effort if it turns out it won't even mean anything.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,397 battles

@Phasferous Did you play 5 battles in any mode in a ship raffle ship during that ships days up for entry? If you did then your 5 battles in said ship counted for your 1 eligible entry! Whether you choose to believe that are not is up to you! No we can not check anywhere to make sure our entries were counted or not! But hold on to your screenshot/replays so you can insist that you should have won a raffle when you find that another player did!

• Bad 1

[RAWR]
Members
424 posts
5 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Phasferous Did you play 5 battles in any mode in a ship raffle ship during that ships days up for entry? If you did then your 5 battles in said ship counted for your 1 eligible entry! Whether you choose to believe that are not is up to you! No we can not check anywhere to make sure our entries were counted or not! But hold on to your screenshot/replays so you can insist that you should have won a raffle when you find that another player did!

I've played 4 so far (except I forgot to take a screenshot after I finished my 4th game). I was just asking because looking at it in a rational and logical way, there's no way for the player to make sure they effort was accounted for.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
18 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

I've played 4 so far (except I forgot to take a screenshot after I finished my 4th game). I was just asking because looking at it in a rational and logical way, there's no way for the player to make sure they effort was accounted for.

And this doubt is warranted given the recent dump the server took on logging games... I mean if you have the ships and like playing them then knock yourself out and maybe things will go your way. 

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,397 battles

@Phasferous Well I have put in five battles for each of the ships so far except for 1 that did not have and was not able to obtain while it was up. I do however trust WG to be honest about this and that they are keeping accurate accounting of who got an entry and when. Also that the prizes will be properly awarded. WG is not a mean old bug a boo out to get us!

[RAWR]
Members
424 posts
58 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

And this doubt is warranted given the recent dump the server took on logging games... I mean if you have the ships and like playing them then knock yourself out and maybe things will go your way. 

I wasn't aware of that actually. Sounds like more trouble sadly.

[RAWR]
Members
424 posts
52 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Phasferous Well I have put in five battles for each of the ships so far except for 1 that did not have and was not able to obtain while it was up. I do however trust WG to be honest about this and that they are keeping accurate accounting of who got an entry and when. Also that the prizes will be properly awarded. WG is not a mean old bug a boo out to get us!

I think you missed the point. A company who fails to keep promises or are as transparent as possible does not mean people think they are out to get them. That's a really negative stigma I do not agree with.

Company and player transparency is a important value that so many game companies have forgotten about and end up instead taking advantage of unaware players.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
2 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

Unfortunately, this could be very true; some poor noob who was grinding his way through his St.Louis might just wake up with a brand new Tirpitz in his harbor and have no clue what-so-ever as to how it got there.

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles
2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Very good point...