You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CLUCH_CARGO

Downvotes

23 comments in this topic

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I was wondering about Downvotes.

How many Downvotes is the record for one post?

I expect them and revelle in them when I do receive them. {The more Downvotes I get the less upvotes are given to the Goody Two Shoes}{{ The cheerleaders}}{{ The holier than Thou's}}

My highest Downvote for one post is something like 8-9

Whats your's?

Am I on the right track to gain the all time record?

Please Send Your Downvotes Now!

Just for FUn lets have a Contest.

To give a Bad emoticon go to the right bottom corner select your down vote emo and click. {So easy and so meaningless} Lets give them a status of pride. Collect them all!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 7
  • Angry 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles

You sir are strange, down vote given.

It would be nice if I could give an up vote too because this is one of the funniest posts I have seen in awhile.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,946 posts
12,460 battles

I don't even know how many downvotes I have on my most downvoted post. No idea what post that would be, either. Never really cared enough to keep track, since forum karma really doesn't matter.

I do know I have a very healthy amount of posts with exactly one downvote, but that's mostly because my stalker can only downvote each of my posts exactly once.

"But Lert, if forum karma doesn't matter, why do you always post upvotes on Mouse reviews?"

That's sort of an in joke between Mouse and me. She likes clever gifs.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,801 posts
4,826 battles

Down voters crack me up. “I don’t like what you’re saying, and I don’t have the courage to say so, so here’s a down vote”.

i didn’t give you one, OP. Sorry. You don’t deserve it. :Smile_glasses:

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,169 posts
8,785 battles

One thing I would like to see implemented here is the same you react to a post you put your name to the reaction that they have on the EU forums which would reduce the drive by down votes.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
1 minute ago, Thornir said:

Down voters crack me up. “I don’t like what you’re saying, and I don’t have the courage to say so, so here’s a down vote”.

This, if you are going to down vote me have the guts to say why you don't like what I posted.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,946 posts
12,460 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

One thing I would like to see implemented here is the same you react to a post you put your name to the reaction that they have on the EU forums which would reduce the drive by down votes.

Be very funny if that was introduced and worked retroactively.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
Just now, Lert said:

That would be awesome.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,801 posts
4,826 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, if you are going to down vote me have the guts to say why you don't like what I posted.

I know, right? Man, I can’t wait to tell them! :Smile_great:

Members
2,409 posts
5,422 battles

In the end Down Votes don't matter as long as your comment and  statement is not vile or a personal attack.  Some subject matter is highly polarized so you should be prepared for pushback.  And so it goes....

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
3 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

In the end Down Votes don't matter as long as your comment and  statement is not vile or a personal attack.  Some subject matter is highly polarized so you should be prepared for pushback.  And so it goes....

Drive by down votes are almost always personal and have nothing to do with the post.

• Bad 1

Members
2,409 posts
5,422 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Drive by down votes are almost always personal and have nothing to do with the post.

I dunno about that - I just see that some players are highly opinionated on certain subjects as well as not too happy about changes which will usually nerf their play style and so thats starts the action and then later goes into a more personal attack or into some segway or tangent into another subject.  I mean we all have our concerns but some are just so h*ll bent on making their point it just goes nuclear. Thats my opinion so yours will vary so I respect that as well.  You have been at this longer than me for sure.  Thats just my observation insofar as subjects we discuss and their responses... some quite coloful indeed! 

[WOLF6]
Members
1,801 posts
4,826 battles
34 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You’re right but I down voted you because reasons.  

[KAPPA]
Members
155 posts
4,239 battles
44 minutes ago, Thornir said:

Personally, it's not about a lack of will, but the inability to properly explain myself. It frustrates me to no end, really, that I can't think up a reply to things I know are incorrect, yet can't place exactly why I know it to be the case. My memory is just horrific.

That, or I don't feel like spending an hour to research a topic just because I think they are wrong, yet can't articulate why. It's an extension of the afore mentioned issue, though, and also bothers me. That said, I don't generally lightly give downvotes when I do in fact do so. It's not out of fear at confrontation that I downvote, but as a show of disagreement, as it's a lot faster than doing the work to form a proper reply.

You could say it's laziness that drives me to do it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
9 minutes ago, Thornir said:

You’re right but I down voted you because reasons.  

I would use the laughing reaction but I am out of reactions. 

[WOLF6]
Members
1,801 posts
4,826 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I would use the laughing reaction but I am out of reactions. 

Me too. All out. 

Tomorrow is another day, however. 

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
7,971 battles
1 hour ago, Thornir said:

This is the one thing that while it does not matter, as it no longer removes from all the up votes and all, that irks me about them. It's usually on posts I make regarding ways to change the game or is being changed or other suggestions which, they don't like the idea, fine, but at least say WHY they don't. 

2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I was wondering about Downvotes.

How many Downvotes is the record for one post?

I expect them and revelle in them when I do receive them. {The more Downvotes I get the less upvotes are given to the Goody Two Shoes}{{ The cheerleaders}}{{ The holier than Thou's}}

My highest Downvote for one post is something like 8-9

Whats your's?

Am I on the right track to gain the all time record?

Please Send Your Downvotes Now!

Just for FUn lets have a Contest.

To give a Bad emoticon go to the right bottom corner select your down vote emo and click. {So easy and so meaningless} Lets give them a status of pride. Collect them all!

Also, pretty sure a Wargaming account holds the records of thumbs down/down votes on a post, can't remember which debacle response it was, Humble Bundle, Free ships and stuff for anyone that isn't a loyal pvp player and calling it "incentive" (a single ship, a bit of premium THAT is incentive. 2 ships, premium time credits, 10 point captains for each ship and the the tech tree line, dubloons, etc that was 100+ dollars worth of stuff - that is WELL beyond incentive), really pick a massive screw up or patch that generated rage. I just know I saw one that was well over 100 in the negative. so, you have a ways to go my friend. 

Also, pretty sure my personal highest is double digits on something CV related. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,782 posts
14,856 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

I do know I have a very healthy amount of posts with exactly one downvote, but that's mostly because my stalker can only downvote each of my posts exactly once.

Yeah, have one of those myself; it's a sign that you've reached "ICON" status on the Forum.

1 hour ago, Lert said:

It'd be freakin' hilarious!

1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

That has been my experience also.

[YAN]
Members
1,637 posts
7,464 battles
1 hour ago, WanderingGhost said:

Also, pretty sure a Wargaming account holds the records of thumbs down/down votes on a post, can't remember which debacle response it was,

My vote would be the original No-Alabama post.

My own downvotes are very easy to note as being when I post changes/suggestions that people don't like and the opposite side downvotes me. IE BB Citadels.

[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,584 battles

Somebody is going to hate your guts no matter what you do. When I was teaching, the students always had an opportunity to evaluate me at the end of a semester. The vast majority of students would either compliment me or provide legitimate criticism as to how I could improve my course. However, without fail, one or two would always give me a scathingly negative evaluation. I began to realize, after several years of pondering on this, that there are some people who just hate everything, even themselves.

I'm really glad that I got out of teaching before all this "SJW" nonsense. Teachers now are being harassed by the students and administration alike, not for what they teach, but for things like not using the pronouns that a student demands to be addressed by or not providing the inconsistent opinions of certain fringe groups equal time to that of sound conclusions based on scientifically-tested and verified fact.

Edited by Snargfargle