You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Brhinosaurus

Info on the first 28 players to rank out

50 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,180 battles

All stats are from WoWs-Numbers.com

• Highest win rate was 73.47%.  That player took 98 battles to rank out.  Not the fewest battles to rank out though, that would be the player with the 66.67% win rate who ranked out in 87 battles.
  • Two players had win rates of about 53.6% and took about 200 battles to rank out.
  • Most battles to rank out so far is 235, with a win rate of 54.04%
  • Significant ship use per player is as follows:
Spoiler

1. Almost exclusively Zao

2. Almost exclusively Yamato

3. Mix of Yueyang (great win rate) and Yamato (meh win rate)

4. Mostly montana, followed by other BBs and some cruisers

5. Mostly Yamato

6. Mostly Yamato/Worcester

7. Almost exclusively Worcester

8. Almost exclusively Yamato

9. Mostly Republique, some Conqueror

10. Yamato / Henri / Worcester, in that order of useage

11. Two thirds Yamato, one third Montana

12. Mostly Yamato, also equal parts Montana and Zao

13. 50% Yamato, rest Grozovoi and Montana

14. Two thirds Worcester, one third Montana

15. Minotaur, Montana, Des Moines, in that order of usage

16. Mostly Yue Yang, bit of Des Moines and Worcester

17. Two thirds Worcester, one third Montana

18. Mostly even mix of Zao and Henri

19. Almost exclusively Henri

20. Gearing, Worcester, Montana, in that order of usage

21. Harugumo / Yamato evenly

22. Mostly Stalingrad, some Worcester / Montana

23. Zao / Stalingrad / Harugumo, in that order of usage

24. Mostly Des Moines

25. Two thirds Stalingrad, one third Henri

26. Mostly Yamato, some Worcester / Harugumo

27. Hindenberg, Harugumo, Z-52, Gearing, Yueyang, and a few others

28. Almost exclusively Zao

Not a lot of variety on that list.  Shimakaze, Salem, Moskva, Midway, Hakuryu, Kurfurst, and Khabarovsk have not been used in significant amounts by any player ranking out so far.  

Yamato is the most popular ship by far, in terms of general usage (10.7% of all battles), and in terms of players who have ranked out with it.

• Cool 6

[TAFY3]
Members
334 posts
7,148 battles

very good information, thanks for posting.  I don't know if I have the constitution to play enough battles.  

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

too bad it showed nowhere on the page whether those people have yamato leg mod on

id like to see how much impact the mod has since im still grinding for it

[CAST]
Members
1,398 posts
5,815 battles

I noticed this last night: the top WR player, who achieved Rank 1 in only 98 battles, had never ranked out before.  I found that odd.

[WOLF2]
Members
864 posts
7,008 battles

Fake news.   Too many players used DDs.   I thought radar was a thing that destroyed the DDs????   :cap_haloween:     

On a serious note, thanks for the info, and congrats to those that have ranked out.

• Cool 1

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles
3 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

I noticed this last night: the top WR player, who achieved Rank 1 in only 98 battles, had never ranked out before.  I found that odd.

looked at his stats......most battles played before was 51 three seasons ago.

i guess it's steel that got him into ranked this season, before this the rewards just werent good enough for him to try ranked

Edited by jason199506
  • Cool 2

[CAST]
Members
1,398 posts
5,815 battles
Just now, DiddleDum said:

Fake news.   Too many players used DDs.   I thought radar was a thing that destroyed the DDs????   :cap_haloween:   

Me yesterday, after spawning into a ranked battle with 3 cruisers & 4 destroyers per team: "Shame that radar has killed BB play".

• Funny 1

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,725 battles
3 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

Reroll?

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,180 battles
5 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

3 players used a destroyer as their primary ship, and 4 others used it as a backup ship.  Lowest usage out of the three ship types.  No, carriers, you don't count.  Go home.

I would summarize the destroyers so far as:

Yue Yang: moderate usage by general population, best DD win rate, most popular DD among those that have ranked out.

Gearing: most popular DD for general population as well as lowest win rate.  Some usage by one rank one, but it was his 4th most used ship.

Shimakaze: similar to Gearing except nobody who ranked out used it much.

Harugumo: not very popular (makes sense since it's new) but good win rate in general and saw some usage among the rank ones.

Khabarovsk: least popular in general but okay win rate, not used by rank 1s

Grozovoi: Slightly more popular than khab, slightly worse win rate, had one rank one that used it some.

Z-52: Middle of the pack for popularity and win rate, one guy's third choice.

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,180 battles
2 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

How are the numbers vs past seasons?

All past seasons are logged as completed events.  So I can tell you, for example, that 1,060 people ranked out in season 9, but I can't tell who the first 5% of that were.

I also did this by manually looking at each profile.  There's probably some way to compile the data of a thousand players, but not with the tools I'm working with.

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles
Just now, Brhinosaurus said:

All past seasons are logged as completed events.  So I can tell you, for example, that 1,060 people ranked out in season 9, but I can't tell who the first 5% of that were.

I also did this by manually looking at each profile.  There's probably some way to compile the data of a thousand players, but not with the tools I'm working with.

send senseNOTmade a PM

i remember he did an analysis on ranked either last season or 2 season ago

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,180 battles
4 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

have link to that list of ranked out players?

https://na.wows-numbers.com/season/id,10/?order=current_rank__asc#leaderboard

Not sure how far behind it is.  At times I know it's a couple days behind in some of my own stats, but I know I played with some of the guys on the ranked out list last night in the Rank 5-2 league.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,748 posts
9,466 battles
34 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

Me yesterday, after spawning into a ranked battle with 3 cruisers & 4 destroyers per team: "Shame that radar has killed BB play".

What rank are you though?

When I last played the 15-10 bracket, DDs were effectively extinct.

All these numbers show is that the people who are good enough to rank out early tended to use DDs.

Ranked map design is a raging dumpster fire of poor decisions that for certian plays a large part in ship selection. Battleships, and many cruisers, are made less viable due to map design. Many caps are incredibly cramped, with little option to maneuver. Players have no choice but to play DD and cruisers.

Edited by HazardDrake

[-CIV-]
Members
185 posts
2,243 battles
1 minute ago, HazardDrake said:

What rank are you though?

When I last played the 15-10 bracket, DDs were effectively extinct.

All these numbers show is that the people who are good enough to rank out early tended to use DDs.

Ranked map design is a raging dumpster fire of poor decisions that for certian plays a large part in ship selection. Battleships, and many cruisers, are made less viable due to map design. Many caps are incredibly cramped, with little option to maneuver. Players have no choice but to play DD and cruisers.

I've only played a few ranked games myself, but based on what I've seen in streams and heard on the forums, this ranked season has mostly been cruisers (especially light cruisers) for their utility and flexibility. I've never seen more than 2 DDs per match, and many games have no DDs - 4 DDs and no BBs sounds like an outlier to me.

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts
33 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

1k ranked out? so that's about 10%, i find it hard to believe...

Members
855 posts
3,456 battles

I have tried everything and I am stuck at rank 7. I guess I'm going back to running the Zao/Yammy combo for the rest of the rank period until I get burned out or rank out. 

[SUCIT]
Members
783 posts
3,496 battles
55 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

I have a 73% ranked WR this season at R4.  I have never put in the dedication to get to R1, and the only reason I am this season is due to the Steel rewards.  I'd imagine he is doing it for the same reason.  

• Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,180 battles
10 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

1k ranked out? so that's about 10%, i find it hard to believe...

https://na.wows-numbers.com/season/id,9/?order=current_rank

100 names per page, and the rank 2's start on page 11.  Open for someone to tell me how I'm reading it wrong, but from where I'm sitting, yeah.  1000 players ranked out last season.

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts
10 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

https://na.wows-numbers.com/season/id,9/?order=current_rank

100 names per page, and the rank 2's start on page 11.  Open for someone to tell me how I'm reading it wrong, but from where I'm sitting, yeah.  1000 players ranked out last season.

i don't know about the pages, if it's 10%, that means in random we should see one rank 1 player every game, that's not even close, actually i have only seen very few rank 1 players very rarely in random following the season 9 till now

actually i'd say the rate maybe around once per 50 or 100 games, that means we are talking about 0.2-0.1%, unless these rank 1 players all stop playing somehow

Edited by Happy668

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,180 battles
3 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

i don't know about the pages, if it's 10%, that means in random we should see one rank 1 player every game, that's not even close, actually i have only seen very few rank 1 players very rarely in random following the season 9 till now

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/ranked-9-results/

According to the official stats from wargaming, 237,579 people participated in ranked season 9, and 3.6% of those ranked out.  That would be an even higher number: 8,553 players.  So something is definitely a little wonky in the data.  Maybe WG's number includes players from all servers?

[-S-R-]
Members
317 posts
7,107 battles

Incredibly frustrating ranked season for me thus far.  The proliferation of Woosters and Harugumos and their machine guns really make Shimakaze drivers' lives very difficult.  Haru should not have such close detect to the Shima.  I think they should be close, yes, but I think they're too close now.  Also, the radar mod makes Wooster radar last over 1 min which seems a bit ridiculous to me.  These two ships working in concert, while a valid tactic, spells a very quick death for just about anything spotted because there is no way to dodge/evade the fountain of incoming fire.

Comp