You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Task Force Tuesday - Your Fleet

45 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
789 posts
5,772 battles

Black Hawk with six destroyers alongside, probably at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, July 1945. The destroyers are (from left to right): Hawkins (DD-873); Ordronaux (DD-617); Boyle (DD-600);   Champlin (DD-601); Swanson (DD-443); and Franks (DD-554). (U.S. Navy Photograph 80-G-354885, National Archives and Records Administration, Still Pictures Division, College Park, Md.)

*pictured - USS Blackhawk (destroyer tender) moored alongside Gearing and Fletcher class destroyers Hawkins (DD-873); Ordronaux (DD-617); Boyle (DD-600); Champlin (DD-601); Swanson (DD-443); and Franks (DD-554) at Naval Station Pearl Harbor, July 1945*

Which ships are in your current rotation for battling on the high seas?

Whether you are an aircraft carrier, battleship, cruiser, destroyer, or a mix of the above main, everyone has a go to ship or a rotation they enjoy playing.

For myself, I've been running a mix of the following:

1. Gearing

2. Akizuki

3. Massachusetts

4. Bismarck

5. T-61

When it comes to your task force, which ships are in it to do battle with the enemy fleet?

"A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for." - Grace Hopper, US Navy

#taskforcetuesday

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

Still working on grinding out all the battleship lines. Have most to tier 10, but I'm still working on Izumo and Lion. 

But right NOW it's all ranked, so Monty, GK, and repub

• Cool 1

[LF]
Members
105 posts

Grinding the IJN DD line so it has been almost all Fubuki all the time. When not the Fubuki, Hipper because am also grinding German CA line.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,697 posts
3,459 battles

My current rotation in terms of fun?

1. Hindenburg - Dakka, torpedoes, good armor, long life. What doesn't she do? Unless there's an enemy DD about she's super fun, and even then she can at least dodge torpedoes.

2. Missouri - Good battleship that prints credits and is basically a better North Carolina? Yes please.

3. Arizona - Best Tier 6 BB for the longest time, and simply fun.

My current rotation in practice:

1. Indianapolis - Because I like horrible pain apparently.

2  Des Moines - The ability to hunt DDs without good torpedo warning just does it for me. Plus being a floating citadel makes all that "armor" feel so good.

3. Fletcher - Tier 10 eventually so I can learn why no one likes Gearing.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,675 battles

Grozovoi for ranked.

Haida for fun.

Charles Martel and Dimitri Donskoi for the grind.

Leningrad for credits.

Campbeltown and Izyaslav for lollllz.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,919 posts
12,446 battles

Musashi, Kronshtadt, Nelson, Blyskawica.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,493 posts
2,046 battles

Well, Ranked is the focus right now, and the Montana is my only T10 so I'm making a lot of headway toward that Legendary Upgrade.

I'm working up the USN cruiser lines right now too. Starting with Omaha and Pensacola to play the new ships, just to see how I like them, obviously don't need to grind more than I want. Buffalo is getting me to the Des Moines, that's probably my other focus. Cleveland as well, though I need to level up the commander, I have AFT and IFHE but not CE so trying to get to 18 points so that can happen.

Missouri keeps my credits in good supply, and is a great ship as well. Atlanta for fun, Molotov because torching T5 ships is always fun, St. Louis for seal clubbing (at least it's not Bogatyr). Great thing is, there's enough ships in my port that there's always something that fits my mood, and always something to try again after a while not playing it.

And of course, for grins and giggles there's always Katori.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,709 battles

Fun factor:

Budyonny, Dallas, De Grasse, Kamikaze R

Current Line:

Normandie, Lyon, Gascogne

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,773 posts
13,589 battles

I've been playing a lot of NDA boats recently. 

From my personal Fleet I've been enjoying the KitKate as I grind for the T10 in that line. The Worcester has replaced the Minotaur for T10 shell spam boat. Saturday I set a personal damage record with the Grober Kurfurst with 334k damage, sadly it was a defeat. 

I've also been taking the YueYang with Radar into Rank to farm some steel. I don't really plan to Rank out again this year because Rank is boring and Toxic. For instance last night 5 players were robbed of their star not because they played poor but because a Friendly Destroyer on our team went and Team Killed. Now explain how you can have a competitive game mode when your progress can be derailed by one scum bag team killer??

Hey WG after you get done improving Carrier Game play could you spend some time redesigning Rank to be Less Grindy and Less Toxic? I suggest doing away with the whole Star system and find a new metric for Rank Progression. 

• Cool 6

[NOOOB]
Members
1,438 posts
12,053 battles

Does change over time, as of today

One game in Belfast and Kamikaze - alway fun and engaging 

Z-39, T-61, Perth, Gearing, Yue, Arizona and one of the free Ex ships (Mush, Missouri, Kron or Nelson)

For Ranked - GK on survival build (spotter and Hydro), Shima, Conc, or Z-52

Edited by Panzer1113
  • Cool 1

[RST]
Members
325 posts
6,716 battles

Currently active grinding on Roon, making sure I get 1-2 games per day to continue progress to Hindy.  Also working on Alsace and Gaede.

• Cool 1

[-CIV-]
Members
185 posts
2,243 battles

1. Cleveland - my only Ranked-eligible ship (and if you're a tryhard like me, Ranked is just Random with bonuses).
2. Yorck - Surprisingly fiesty, and one of my current favorites. Trying to get another T8 ship, and I hear good things about Hipper.
3. Fushun - everyone compares her to the Anshan, but I've only had experience with the Gnevny. I'm still trying to figure this ship out.
4. T-22 - retraining captain
5. Myoko - reliable micro-BB. Brings out my positioning issues, so she's a good ship for me to practice.
6. Buffalo - the road to T10 is expensive and long. Quirky though, and I actually enjoy playing her.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I have all my ships parked in the port. When I go into a Battle I take One out.

All of them are my Favorites. My grinding days are over. I play what I want when I want in the battle mode I choose. Winning a battle no longer means anything.Any Battle that gives EXP Elite EXP no matter how small is a win for me. Ranked is my newest EXP generator,A tier 10 ship with a 19 pt capt  in a 7 v 7 generates massive Exp for all my nations commanders. I have no interest in getting to rank 1. No interest in "Team" Just what I get in Exp. Perma Camo, Clan bonus, premium time, Signal flags....All make it easy to play for no other reason than FUn.

Mind over matter

I don't Mind 

you don't matter

Proof of my Win Win

ss4askl.png

QDO3kmO.png

Please use the Downvotes in the lower right corner.

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,505 posts
7,364 battles

Grinding Kitakaze and Alsace for T10s.   Grinding my Henri IV captain for that last point.

Kaga and Shokaku are patiently waiting for the CV re-work...

T-61 for Fun!

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,433 posts
4,060 battles

As of this weekend it was Duke of York, Nelson, Nueve de Julio, DeGrasse, and Giulio Cesare. Tirpitz, Musashi, and Massachusetts are usually in my line-up, but I’ve been giving them a rest for a few days.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,324 posts
11,883 battles

Kutuzov, Boise, Nueve de Julio. Because Free XP.

shot-18_09.03_16_27.32-0187.thumb.jpg.f1d52c0a5033993c297c59c722b5a0fe.jpg

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[TDD]
Members
882 posts
7,891 battles

Kamakazi - my warmup ship

Shiratsuyu - what i'm grinding

Asashio, Fletcher, Gearing, and Shimakazi - for fun

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles

Well, I have a rotation that brings me back to all of the ships in my fleet on a regular basis.  Right now I'm splitting time between Des Moines in Ranked and my normal rotation.  

In my rotation, I divide my ships up into fleets with my best ships in each line constituting 1st Fleet, the second in line belonging to 2nd Fleet and so on. I will tend to play 1st fleet ships about twice as often and 2nd Fleet, 2nd Fleet twice as often and 3rd fleet and so on.  I also tend to use 3rd string and lower ships to fill in gaps in various nations fleets where, for example, a ship type is not available for that nation (for example Pan-Asian has no Battleships so other nations that do "loan" some of their ships to them etc ... )

Here's how things stand right now. 

US First Fleet: CV: T6 Independence, BB T8 North Carolina and Alabama, CA/CL T10 Des Moines, T6 Dallas, DD T7 Simms and T7 Mahan

IJN First Fleet: CV: T6 Ryujo, BB T7 Nagato  CA/CL: T7 Myoko, DD T7 Akatsuki and T7 Shiratsuyu

German 1st Fleet: CV: T4 Hosho, BB T9 Fredrick der Grosse and T7 Gneisenau, CA/CL: T7 Yorck, DD T6 Gaeda

Russian 1st Fleet: CV:  T4 Hosho, BB T8 Bismark and T5 Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya,  CA/CL: T7 Budyonny, DD T7 Minsk

UK 1st Fleet: CV: T4 Langley, BB: T7 Hood and T6 Queen Elizabeth, CA/CL: T7 Fiji, DD: T6 Gallant, T3 Campbelton

French 1st Fleet: CV T4 Langley, BB: T6 Dunkerque, T6 Normandy, CA/CL: T7 Algerie, DD: T6 Fubuki

Pan-Asian 1st Fleet: BB T8 Tirpitz, CA/CL T6 Huanghe and T9 Buffalo, DD: T8 Loyang and T5 Jianwei

----------------------------------------------------------------------- 2nd Fleets------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US Second Fleet: CV T5 Bogue, BB T8 North Carolina and T7 Colorado, CA/CL T9 Buffalo and T6 Dallas, DD T7 Mahan and T6 Farragut

IJN Second Fleet: CV T5 Zuiho, BB T6 Mutsu and T6 Fuso, CA/CL T7 Haguro (ARP) and T7 Southern Dragon (Myoko clone), DD T7 Akatsuki and T7 Shiratsuyu

German Second Fleet: BB: T9 Fredrick der Grosse and T7 Gneisenau, CA/CL T6 Graff Spee and T6 Nurmberg, DD: T5 T-22

Russian Second Fleet: BB: T8 Bismark and T7 Colorado, CA/CL: T6 Budyonny, DD: T6 Gvevny

UK 2nd Fleet: BB: T6 Warspite and T6 Queen Elizabeth, CA/CL: T6 Leander, DD: T6 Farragut and T6 Hatsuharu

French 2nd Fleet: BB: T6 Normandy and T5 Bretange, CA/CL: T6 La Galissonniere, DD: T5 Kamakazie and T5 Minekazi

Pan-Asian 2nd Fleet: BB: T6 Bayern, CA/CL: T8 Baltimore and T8 Cleveland, DD: T6 Anshan and T5 Jianwei

-------------------------------------------------------------------------3rd Fleets----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US Third Fleet: BB: T6 Arizona and T6 New Mexico, CA/CL: T8 Baltimore and T8 Clevelend, DD: T5 Nicholas

IJN Third Fleet: BB: T6 Fuso and T5 Kongo, CA/CL: T7 Myoko (ARP) and T6 Aoba, DD: T5 Mutsuki

German Third Fleet: BB: T5 Koeing, CA/CL: T6 Nurmberg and T5 Koingsberg, DD: T4 V-170

Russian Third Fleet: BB: T5 Kongo (ARP) and T5 Krirshima (ARP), CA/CL: T6 Makarov and T5 Kirov, DD T5 Podotski

UK Third Fleet: BB: T5 Iron Duke, CA/CL:  T5 Emerald, DD:  T4 Isokaze

French Third Fleet: BB: T5 Bregange and T4 Courbet, CA/CL: T5 Emile Bertain, DD: T5 Minekaze and T4 Izyaslav

Pan-Asian Third Fleet: BB: T6 New Mexico and T5 Guilio Ceasar, CA/CL: T7 New Orleans, DD T4 Shenyang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------4th Fleets------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US Fourth Fleet: BB: T5 Texas and T5 New York, CA/CL: T7 Indianapolis and T7 Atlanta, DD: T4 Clemson

IJN Fourth Fleet: BB: T5 Kongo and T5 Haurna (ARP), CA/CL: T6 Aoba and T5 Furutaka, DD: T3 Wakatake

German Fourth Fleet: BB: T4 Kaiser and T3 Koeing Albert, CA/CL: T5 Koingsberg and T4 Karlsruhe, DD: T3 G-101

Russian Fourth Fleet: BB: T5 Hiei (ARP) and T4 Ishizuchi, CA/CL: T5 Murmansk and T5 Kirov, DD: T5 Okhotnik and T4 Izyaslav

UK Fourth Fleet: BB: T4 Orion, CA/CL: T4 Danae, DD: T3 Wickes

French Fourth Fleet: BB:  T4 Courbet and T3 Turenne, CA/CL: T4 Duguay Trouin. DD: T3 Derzki

Pan-Asian Fourth Fleet: BB:  T4 Myogi and T4 Wyoming, CA/CL: T6 Penecola and T6 Duca De Acosta, DD: T3 Phra Ruang

----------------------------------------------------------------------------5th Fleets-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US Fifth Fleet: BB: T4 Wyoming and T3 South Carolina, CA/CL: T5 Omaha, DD: T2 Sampson

IJN Fifth Fleet: BB: T4 Myogi and T3 Kawachi, CA/CL: T5 Furutaka and T4 Kuma, DD: T2 Umikaze

German Fifth Fleet: BB: T3 Nassau, CA/CL: T4 Karlsruhe andT3 Kolberg, DD: T2 V-25

Russian Fifth Fleet: BB: T3 Kawachi and T2 Mikasa, CA/CL: T4 Svietlana, DD:  T2 Storozhevo

UK Fifth Fleet: BB: T3 Bellerophon, CA/CL: T3 Caledon and T2 Weymouth

French Fifth Fleet: BB: T3 Turenne, CA/CL: T3 Friant and T2 Jurien, DD: T2 Tachibana

Pan-Asian Fifth Fleet: BB: T3 South Carolina, CA/CL: T2 Chikuma and T2 Albany, T2: Longjiang

----------------------------------------------------------------------------6th (Reserve) Fleets-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US 6th Fleet: CA/CL: T4 Phoenix, T3 St Louis and T2 Chester, DD: T2 Smith

IJN 6th Fleet:  CA/CL: T4 Kuma, T4 Yubari, T3 Ternryu, T3 Katori and T2 Chikuma, DD: T2 Tachibana Lima

German 6th Fleet: CA/CL: T3 Kolberg, T2 Dresden, T1 Hemelin and T1 Hasidate

Russian 6th Fleet: CA/CL: T3 Bogatyr, T3 Aurora, T3 Varyag, T2 Novik, T1 Orlan

UK 6th Fleet: CA/CL:  T2 Chester, T1 Erie and T1 Black Swan

French 6th Fleet: CA/CL: T1 Bouganville, T1 Hashidate and T1 Orlan

Pan-Asian 6th Fleet: CA/CL: T1 Chengan, T1 Erie. 

Right now I'm working my first fleet rotation and Gaeda is next up. 

I think that's about 153 - 155 ships in all.  Gotta catch them all right?? 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel
  • Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
3 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

From my personal Fleet I've been enjoying the KitKate as I grind for the T10 in that line. The Worcester has replaced the Minotaur for T10 shell spam boat. Saturday I set a personal damage record with the Grober Kurfurst with 334k damage, sadly it was a defeat. 

I've also been taking the YueYang with Radar into Rank to farm some steel. I don't really plan to Rank out again this year because Rank is boring and Toxic. For instance last night 5 players were robbed of their star not because they played poor but because a Friendly Destroyer on our team went and Team Killed. Now explain how you can have a competitive game mode when your progress can be derailed by one scum bag team killer??

Hey WG after you get done improving Carrier Game play could you spend some time redesigning Rank to be Less Grindy and Less Toxic? I suggest doing away with the whole Star system and find a new metric for Rank Progression. 

Happened to one of my teams last night as well.  A player in a Gearing that was idling behind the main fleet launched a full spread of torpedoes at my Des Moines and a Montana behind me from a range of about 1.5 km.  When it was over, my Des Moines was barely afloat and the BB not a whole lot better.

Really, someone who is team killing in Ranked shouldn't get just a pink ship they should be instantly banished to either Co-op for the rest of the season or just banned from WOWS altogether.  

Needless to say with a Gearing at our back slinging torpedoes our way and the red ships to our front, we didn't do so well. 

[LF]
Members
105 posts
27 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Happened to one of my teams last night as well.  A player in a Gearing that was idling behind the main fleet launched a full spread of torpedoes at my Des Moines and a Montana behind me from a range of about 1.5 km.  When it was over, my Des Moines was barely afloat and the BB not a whole lot better.

Really, someone who is team killing in Ranked shouldn't get just a pink ship they should be instantly banished to either Co-op for the rest of the season or just banned from WOWS altogether.  

Needless to say with a Gearing at our back slinging torpedoes our way and the red ships to our front, we didn't do so well. 

I assume you can turn this guy into WG, right? "Reports" do nothing so I assume you can turn in a ticket with the replay for this guy. Were it me, I would also black list the guy with our clan.

Beta Testers
3,363 posts
2,372 battles

My current usual 3-games a night line-up : Yamato, Musashi, Massachusetts   -- farming free XP works well with these.

Usually I went :  Yamato, Mikasa, WarSpite, Scharnhorst, Arizona or Texas, and usually one ship of the line I was working on (Say English BB line at the moment).
I rarely have time for more than 3 games a day anymore, in which case my normal line-up would be Yamato, Mikasa, Current Line.

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
2,862 posts
7,992 battles
6 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

If you have a replay, maybe you could send it to Jingles.  I think he is one of the CCs that accepts those kind of replays.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
577 posts
4,543 battles

Ranked: Mino/Hindie

Random: Buffalo and Mogami for the grind. Love the IFHE Mogami!

• Cool 1