You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SansPeur

Ranked, I Hang My Head in Shame

19 comments in this topic

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
360 posts
9,073 battles

I saved a star with a result like this.

5b8e974c5ad90_rankedbad.thumb.jpg.c3915444e289d9e76a92783ab03ab07e.jpg

It was nine minutes and nine seconds pure green potato.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[ONAVY]
Members
694 posts
6,142 battles

lol tehehe i see your point...dat was a rough game

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles

Seeing things like this makes me so glad I stopped when I got to rank 15 .

:Smile_honoring:

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

when i feel like i did very bad but still save a star........i have an urge to report all 6 people on my team

[TBW]
Members
6,349 posts
11,894 battles

You are not alone, Whiskey  helps. Not with gameplay, just with attitude.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,349 posts
11,894 battles
23 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Spam

Spam is made in Minnesota, we don't eat it, but they love it in Hawaii.

believe it or not it's a WWII thing.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles

Pacific Islanders dig it.....anyway baked beans are off.....so you'll have to have "spam spam spam spam spam spam spam and spam"

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,340 battles

With base XP counts like that, I'm surprised it lasted 9 minutes.  How many were dead in the first 5 minutes?

[PSP]
Members
6,042 posts
8,585 battles
2 hours ago, SansPeur said:

You don't have to be faster than the bear, just faster than your hiking companion.

[H_]
Members
701 posts

As a new player, I stopped at 12.  I'm not sure what heck is going on but, as a potato and new, the "elite players" I've run into (I look up their stats) just fizzled out and sat there.......then, complained for the rest of the match threatening to report everyone.....  Match after match after match......   Ah, I've seen about 40% of the game being balanced and fun.....the rest were STOMP variations of the 'us vs. them' theme....???

Is this normal?  If so, why try to play forward into the lower levels with no "locks"?   It's been a God awful crap shoot.   This game sensuously needs an ELO based MM......  Even us Super Spud, Grand Master level potatoes, with "loaded" secondary skill identifiers and a "mashed award for potato excellence" need something to hope for.....!!!

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles

I saved one with a flat 600 XP. I sat there and just stared at the screen for a while, and then I took a 45 minute walk. Lol.

• Funny 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I am still at lvl 15/14 I no longer try. I play for the exp and credits {from what I have read here in the forums I am not Alone}

Ranked Battles have become my play hard play fast Exp Grinding mode. {7v7 Co-Op with better payouts}

Ranked Is a failure of epic proportions.

[SALVO]
Members
16,627 posts
17,300 battles
3 hours ago, SansPeur said:

First off, meaning no disrespect to you, SansPeur, that was one crappy team to have such low XP in a ranked battle, particularly in that range of ranks.  Jeez.

Secondly, while within the context of this crappy Ranked advancement system, I support the save a star mechanic, it's results like these that increasingly make me believe in the Ranked advancement system I regularly suggest.  IMO and again no disrespect to you, you didn't do enough to deserve to not lose a star.  Sometimes, the top XP loser has a great game and really has earned not losing a star.  But with a result like this, the top base XP loser simply doesn't deserve to not lose a star.

• Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Members
864 posts
7,014 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

IMO and again no disrespect to you, you didn't do enough to deserve to not lose a star.  Sometimes, the top XP loser has a great game and really has earned not losing a star.  But with a result like this, the top base XP loser simply doesn't deserve to not lose a star.

That's a little jumpy on the conclusion, as there were three players still afloat.    You cannot always generate 100k+ damage games when four teammates go down quickly.   Not only with the cap point imbalance but the green's point drain to zero.

You get into position and everyone's gone.   The best you can do is kite and gain some damage points.

That's what the screenshot suggests to me...

[SALVO]
Members
16,627 posts
17,300 battles
4 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

That's a little jumpy on the conclusion, as there were three players still afloat.    You cannot always generate 100k+ damage games when four teammates go down quickly.   Not only with the cap point imbalance but the green's point drain to zero.

You get into position and everyone's gone.   The best you can do is kite and gain some damage points.

That's what the screenshot suggests to me...

I don't think that it's a jumpy conclusion at all.  You should have to do enough to deserve not losing a star.

[WOLF2]
Members
864 posts
7,014 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

I don't think that it's a jumpy conclusion at all.  You should have to do enough to deserve not losing a star.

Define "have to do enough".      The game awards highest loser with their star.    OP met the definition, even though his team mass-suicided in 9 minutes.    There is no "deserve" condition anywhere in the game.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,627 posts
17,300 battles
1 hour ago, DiddleDum said:

Define "have to do enough".      The game awards highest loser with their star.    OP met the definition, even though his team mass-suicided in 9 minutes.    There is no "deserve" condition anywhere in the game.

What part of "should" do you not understand?