Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Helicopter for Republique

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,371
[RKLES]
Members
7,543 posts
9,589 battles

( Some fun humor to start the morning lol. Of course if you want to take this seriously I would have no objections as long as I got to use it.)

Many have noticed the helicopter pad on the Republique with the nice H on it. So I have found the perfect helicopter to go with the Paper ship Wargaming came up with... :fish_book:

95D09043-4697-4BFB-8C31-2CE2A772B16D.jpeg.65e6ee4b7cb8e169892ad85244c88e67.jpeg

8CB32E94-6971-4DE6-B47F-8B66322101A9.jpeg.de53e7ee326554aa2574721b7b1f8c0c.jpeg

If you have any doubts about this idea, just go and watch some episodes of the TV series Airwolf to see it’s performance and then decide after maybe watchIng the first 3 Seasons of it... :Smile_teethhappy: ( Did not like the 4th season so in my eyes they only made 3 seasons)

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
Corrected spelling error
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
358
[SYJ]
Members
1,010 posts
2,260 battles

Nonono. The H stands for baguette hospital!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,538
[HINON]
Members
9,346 posts
4 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Nonono. The H stands for baguette hospital!

I thought it stood for hon hon hon . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[BOTES]
Members
171 posts
3,363 battles

If you want a 'period' (For when WG says Republique was designed) helicopter, an Alouette II or III with floats is a good bet. Having it simply be a vision tool would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
721
[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,001 posts
10,267 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

( Some fun humor to start the morning lol. Of course if you want to take this seriously I would have no objections as long as I got to use it.)

Many have noticed the helicopter pad on the Republique with the nice H on it. So I have found the perfect helicopter to go with the Paper ship Wargaming came up with... :fish_book:

95D09043-4697-4BFB-8C31-2CE2A772B16D.jpeg.65e6ee4b7cb8e169892ad85244c88e67.jpeg

8CB32E94-6971-4DE6-B47F-8B66322101A9.jpeg.de53e7ee326554aa2574721b7b1f8c0c.jpeg

If you have any doubts about this idea, just go and watch some episodes of the TV series Airwolf to see it’s performance and then decide after maybe watchIng the first 3 Seasons of it... :Smile_teethhappy: ( Did not like the 4th season so in my eyes they only made 3 seasons)

 O h yes give me Airwolf please !  Lol recognized it from the first picture . Loved and disliked it at the same time and I agree the first 3 seasons are the only ones that count .

:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,625
[HINON]
Supertester
19,636 posts
13,211 battles

Obligatory

Man was that show cheesy, but that helo was one of the coolest vehicles in pop culture, and that theme song a classic~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,308
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
2 hours ago, HP_Lovesauce said:

If you want a 'period' (For when WG says Republique was designed) helicopter, an Alouette II or III with floats is a good bet. Having it simply be a vision tool would be nice.

Something like this?

313_001.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[BOTES]
Members
171 posts
3,363 battles
1 minute ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Something like this?

313_001.jpg

Exactly so, but less Dutch writing on it. If anything, just a model in port would be cute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,308
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
2 minutes ago, HP_Lovesauce said:

Exactly so, but less Dutch writing on it. If anything, just a model in port would be cute.

Well I would not mind seeing some Copters as recon-craft for ships at higher tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,461
[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,771 posts

My head-canon is that it was fitted with SNCAC NC.2001 Abeilles

image.php?im=9339

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[BOTES]
Members
171 posts
3,363 battles
16 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

My head-canon is that it was fitted with SNCAC NC.2001 Abeilles

image.php?im=9339

If we're going full experimental, might as well go all out.

The possibilities.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,776
[PSP]
Members
6,683 posts
9,788 battles

Since the ship is supposed to be WWII-era (or just barely post WWII) a navy version of the French SNCASE SE.3120 Alouette (designed in 1951) would have quite likely been the helicopter it would have carried. Once you get into designs of the late 50s and early 60s you are way past the tech period of WOWS. By that time there were jets like the Crusaders, which the Navy was still flying when I was in the Army. 

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[BOTES]
Members
171 posts
3,363 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

Since the ship is supposed to be WWII-era (or just barely post WWII) a navy version of the French SNCASE SE.3120 Alouette (designed in 1951) would have quite likely been the helicopter it would have carried. Once you get into designs of the late 50s and early 60s you are way past the tech period of WOWS. By that time there were jets like the Crusaders, which the Navy was still flying when I was in the Army. 

Other contenders are the Sud Ouest Ariel and Djinn, but the Djinn was only used by the army, as well as the Abeilles Chobittsu suggested.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,468
[AXANR]
Members
3,370 posts
16,821 battles

"Red Republique," the upcoming Russian Tier 7 Premium BB (a near-carbon copy of Republique as the plans were allegedly liberated personally by Stalin, only the Russian version has 10k more HP and a Khab literally duct taped to each side for torpedoes and more secondaries), has a squadron of these that use the helicopter pad. Please note that you can only operate one at a time unless you're using the capt skill for two spotter planes; however, there is no cool down so a new one is launched if first is shot down, and they can destroy most ships in under 60 seconds.

Cm40NLY.jpg

Edited by poeticmotion
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[-SD-]
[-SD-]
Members
14 posts
5,169 battles

I believe you forgot to mention that "Red Republique" will also have 2 second reload time on main guns, 90% torpedo protection, and a detection range of 4 km.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,468
[AXANR]
Members
3,370 posts
16,821 battles
10 hours ago, viceroy_xerxes said:

I believe you forgot to mention that "Red Republique" will also have 2 second reload time on main guns, 90% torpedo protection, and a detection range of 4 km.

Three second reload. Let's not engage in hyperbole or wg will nerf the French version of Republique and claim Red Republique is somehow balanced by nerfing French Republique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×