Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Treeodeth

Why I run Khab.......................... in ranked

14 comments in this topic

[ASHIP]
Members
43 posts
9,028 battles

I catch a fair amount of salt being the Khabby in ranked, but I have a 57% win rate in ranked. I also do more damage then any of my other dds, take more potiental damage , same amount of spotting damage. Most matches are heavy dd and heavy bb's, a khab can bully both. A typical dd doesn't want to push into a khab, and you would be surprised the number of shimas that will pick a fight with you with their GUNS. Most games im tanking well north of 1 million and seen 2.4 and lived through it this season. That is a ton of shells not aimed at other ships on my team. Picking fights with DM's at 11 km is laughable as his guns don't have the accuracy to hit and now hes focused on me and not the true dds. It can be real fun when I have a shima torping and spoting for me, and watching those cruisers so focused on me they eat torps. Or with a good bb that shoots the cruiser to focused on me and going broadside to a bb is my favorite. I don't save many stars and im not leading the pack most wins but I do my job and not be a hero.

shot-18.08.26_12.57.58-0191.jpg

shot-18.08.29_20.33.16-0684.jpg

shot-18.09.03_17.28.59-0615.jpg

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
4,701 posts
2,401 battles

People hate the Khabby in Ranked because it's not a team ship. Rather, it's designed for players who are only interested in inflating their own stats 

Edited by turbo07

[CAFE]
Members
1,393 posts
10,665 battles

You can literally rank out in any ship but people will get mad at you early season in the R5 bracket... 

Members
1,634 posts
9,728 battles

I dont have a problem with Khaba when the MMing queues are showing lots of other DDs, but when there is a high chance of being the only DD on your team Khaba is a pretty significant disadvantage.  You basically force your team into playing to get kills since getting a cap advantage likely wont happen when you are the only DD.

When I load into a game against only a Khaba I just sit 5km in front of my team, and contest caps all day.  Its not like he can push me, and often times my torps will force him into a predicament where he takes a lot of damage.  I like those games.  Pretty much no random detection threat beyond the Worcester/Minotaur.

I agree about the Shima/Khaba threat.  I love to play spotter for a Khaba, its a potent combo.

• Cool 3

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

I'd prefer a gunboat dd on my team over a shim or gearing. Those gunboat dds shred anything they can, and just outshot anything they cant outgun

Had a lovely Harugumo on my team for a few games last night... wish I woulda complimented him

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,725 battles
2 hours ago, Treeodeth said:

I catch a fair amount of salt being the Khabby in ranked, but I have a 57% win rate in ranked.

I am not sharing this for the sake of spreading salt. I am sharing this because you probably need to hear it.

The Khab will not perform well in the 5-1 bracket. The reason the Khab can be useful in the 15-6 space is because the population of players are much less skilled than those in the 5-1 space. Effectively, everyone in the 5-1 space knows how to shoot a Khab. In the 15-6 space, players just don't bother because their skill is lacking. As soon as you encounter real opponents, you will plateau and bounce between rank 6 and 5.

For your sake, I hope I'm wrong.

Happy hunting.

[WOLF7]
Members
125 posts
3,123 battles

I'm using my Khaba in ranked and doing very well só far. Still on rank 12. Lets see How It Góes when I advance more. I usually take adavantage If my speed to cap the farther cap while the rest of my team cap the close one. After that i Just defend my cap until reinforcements arrive. It hás worked.

Edited by demeflac
Mispell

[ASHIP]
Members
43 posts
9,028 battles

So far in the sub rank 5 games doing just as well as 15-5 some are better shots but they get to focused on killing me and get dev struck by my bbs. The single dd matches are tougher by far then the 4 dd matches and I have a shima buddy spotting. As far as it not being a team ship is silly, its the player and the ship not just the ship and not just the player that make for a deadly combo. Yes a lot of khabs may sit back and farm fires on bbs I would much rather go after their cruisers and dds, im not there to save a star im there to earn a star and knowing im less likely to save my star means I NEED the win. You want to talk about a non team ship that describes about 65% of the bbs sitting back 20 km behind farming bbs not shooting at cruisers and dds.

[ASHIP]
Members
43 posts
9,028 battles
4 hours ago, _Big_Lou_ said:

I am not sharing this for the sake of spreading salt. I am sharing this because you probably need to hear it.

The Khab will not perform well in the 5-1 bracket. The reason the Khab can be useful in the 15-6 space is because the population of players are much less skilled than those in the 5-1 space. Effectively, everyone in the 5-1 space knows how to shoot a Khab. In the 15-6 space, players just don't bother because their skill is lacking. As soon as you encounter real opponents, you will plateau and bounce between rank 6 and 5.

For your sake, I hope I'm wrong.

Happy hunting.

Hey LOU seen you quite a bit this season on the way to 5

[ALPHA]
Members
401 posts
8,358 battles
On 04/09/2018 at 11:52 AM, _Big_Lou_ said:

Is equally because lot of this player in bracket 5-2 are top clan player, and they imported their play style from clan battle. And for a son of anarchy called Khaba, this meta is to safe for survive. For a reason you explain, spam HE without stopping is to dangerous  and commando action is very risky because two side play very safe.

• Cool 1

[PLPTS]
Members
698 posts

Meh... forget the haters. They conveniently forget that the Khabarovsk can burn alive anything and potentially get more kills than any other member of your team which is akin to capturing. It's also rather immune to radar with its high speed and range. Stealth boats don't work as well as they claim.

They want you to use stealthy DD's to satisfy their paranoia that they are being stalked by enemy DD's, which is selfish in itself. They don't care if you get radar-ed then insta-blapped. Infact, it rarely occurs to them because all they have is T10 BB's or CA/CL's and little experience with ranked DD's. The most vocal opponents to the Khabarovsk are BBabies. Why? Because they're terrified of what they cannot see. So they stereotype DD's into one particular job. It ain't selfish if you're killing everything for them...

I ranked out in a Khaba. I prefer it over the Z-52  because it actually gets work done in a radar heavy arena.

Want your stealth boats to co-operate gentlemen? Oppose radar and kill those cruisers before any other target. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. DD players prefer the Khaba to counter the radar you can't seem to kill...

• Cool 2

Members
321 posts
307 battles

As Khaba is still my only Tier X I got her in ranked, and a lot of times I was the only DD (If we can consider Khaba a DD) and being so big, with jke torps and being detected from far inland, the usual role of DDs in capping and spotting is difficult. If you go your way to farm damage from gun range limit as it should your teammates get really angry.

[ALPHA]
Members
401 posts
8,358 battles

Got rank 1 today in Khaba

unknown.png

3a7.jpg&key=40fbd6f1f0d234a556f4b73102a5

Edited by tugdual
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this