Tpaktop2_1

Support/Analysis - A study of a network problem

1 comment in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,065 posts
12,619 battles

On Update 0.7.8, when I was loaded into the battle I went from 33 FPS to 12 FPS. The system then locked up at the 3 second start point for the match. I had to close out the WoWS application in the task manager. I forgot to mention that I was accelerating my speed before the start of the match per normal for me. I have a Win10 home 64 bit edition of OS.

Here is the video for when the error occurred:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zllp77eey81qwoz/WoWS_game_crashed_at_start_of_battle_20180830.zip/file

I then open a support ticket with WG tech support and attached the usual logs: the WGC report, Windows event log, and a Screenshot of the error.Here is the response I received from WG Tech support:

Dear Tpaktop2_1,

Please provide us an AIDA64 report:  
- Download and install AIDA64 from here:  
http://www.aida64.com/downloads/a64xe
- Download profile file WOT_aida64.rpf:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wpo90sv3oeyyilk
- Run AIDA64.  
- Select “Report” and “Next” in a new window.  
- Report Profiles – select “Load from file” and use previously downloaded profile WOT_aida64.rpf. Hit “Next”.  
- Report Format – select “Plain Text” and press “Finish”.  
- Wait until report is created.  
- Save results as text file *.txt and attach it to your reply.  

NOTE: If the file size is too big (+2MB), please compress the file

I then responded:

Here is the file requested attached

Report_AIDA_... .zip 
144.3 KB

WG Tech support responded again with:

NEED INFO
Hello.

The following errors were found in the event logs:

Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet: The network link is down.  Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected.  

Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig  10002: WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped.    Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmihvsrv64.dll

These two are of network problems. Try to reinstall/update the network adapter drivers (LAN Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet). Check that the network cable is not damaged.

Well the Lan cable is a Cat5e and is less than a year old. And with regards to all software drivers, I use a program called Driver Booster. It indicates to me if the drivers are out of date. However that was not the case this time. Because Driver booster does show the driver is up to date.

Name: Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet
Old Version 15.6.1.3

CEaLYDP.jpg

7YDoT6D.jpg

So I went to Broadcom support to check to see if there was a new driver. However Broadcom support is not all that forcoming in information. I had to do a good amount of searching before I found the correct driver. I download the driver and tried to have Windows install it, however again it said my network card driver was up to date. I then manually inserted the driver for a driver update and this took.  I found the problem was Windows did not certify this version of the network card driver from Broadcom. That was the reason why Windows would not do an automatic install. Below is what I assume is the last version of this driver update for this network card.

New Version 17.2.0.2

Hu5PthS.jpg

Since the network card driver was updated, things have been faster with everything internet; Browser, games, etc. So my advice is despite what some "update" software says is updated, check things out yourself in regards to software drivers. Always verify that your OS, Video, and Network drivers are up to date. Do a check once a month.

Edited by Tpaktop2_1
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this