You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheSubman

Atlantas and MM

27 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
37 posts
9,201 battles

cannot help but wonder why Atlantas are rarely being MM properly....to me it would seem that it should be balanced with one on each side.....too many battles recently where only one in game....bout 90 percent of those battles the team with an Atlanta rolls...and you see the Atl with 3-4-5 kills......

Beta Testers
37 posts
9,201 battles
1 minute ago, Patton3rdarmy13 said:

never noticed this, most of times I see 2 vs 2 ATL or 1v1 or at worst 2v3.

last two weeks been about 75% 1 vs 0......makes for some very unbalanced games!

[PVE]
Members
498 posts
4,109 battles

I have only seen it once and that was when 3 Atlantas were in a division. They lost.  Perhaps you are running into divisions as well.

[BB-57]
Members
122 posts
7,403 battles

I wish all I had to do was take my Atlanta out to rack up a 3-4 kill win. Guess I just suck...

Oh wait, why am I wasting time on the forum? I should be out there practicing.

[CAST]
Members
1,159 posts
7,185 battles

The only way an Atlanta gets a high number of kills is if the other ships do most of the damage.  The Atlanta just finishes it off because it has a higher rate of fire and can get the finishing shot off sooner.  Atlanta's by themselves rarely dictate a match unless the player in it is really good.

• Bad 1

Members
1,779 posts
5,641 battles

You should play an Atlanta and realize how frustrating it is. Tissue Paper Armour. hard to sink ships with her guns you have to get a lot of hits. 

[INTEL]
Members
583 posts
7,336 battles

Atlantas will get kills against destroyers if they are foolish enough to get caught by one and by burning down battleships and sometimes cruisers.  And there's some chance they will get the killing blows on already dead ships.

The Atlanta is good at map control if she is positioned well and at hunting down destroyers that don''t have support.

[FSA]
Beta Testers
155 posts
5,023 battles

I've always enjoyed my Atlanta.   It can be deadly, particularly for lower hp ships like DD's and light cruisers...plus it scares the hell out of BB's with its flame throwers.

Recently, I don't know what is going on with the Atlanta as the OP has indicated....yesterday I was in a game, not in my Atlanta, and the opposing team had two Atlanta's, not in a division or clan, and our team had none.  We had an Indianapolis and something else, perhaps a Nurnberg opposite them.  We lost.  Not really sure of the Atlanta's role or effect.  It's as others have pointed out...depends on proficiency of the player.

Only thing I care to comment on regarding CV's and Atlanta's, seems like I rarely get into a CV game with an AA spec'd Atlanta.   I complained about the Algorithm being slanted against AA ships with CV's years ago and everyone said that was impossible.  I still think WG tweaks all algorithm's and RNG's depending on what they want the game to be like regardless of what the ignorant think is fair.

Edited by Kraayt
misspelling
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,954 battles
6 hours ago, TheSubman said:

cannot help but wonder why Atlantas are rarely being MM properly....to me it would seem that it should be balanced with one on each side.....too many battles recently where only one in game....bout 90 percent of those battles the team with an Atlanta rolls...and you see the Atl with 3-4-5 kills......

Why should Atlanta get a preferred matchmaker?  The ship can be easily countered by many other ships.

The only balance issue at play here is that it should be matched up against another radar cruiser.

Edited by Ace_04

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,386 posts
1,476 battles

I guess I'm in the minority..  I love my Atlanta, don't get me wrong.   She prints credits.. But, with the attack range of cannons at that tier.. It's only good against players who ignore it.   Pretty much any focus fire eliminates it immediately.  It's a Great rock humper and can defend or keep enemy DDs out of an area.... Fun ship and definitely a unique one to play.     However, at least in my hands I only get about 1 out of every four games that I can make it shine...    Probably one of my favorite ships to see on other team if I am in a BB or CA..  One broadside look and a quick goodbye.    

[DANKY]
Members
433 posts
1,557 battles

To answer the OP's question, you can't buy Atlantas right now.  You will inevitably see less of them until (1) WG puts them on sale again, or (2) the CV rework gets released, whichever comes first. 

I can't wait to take my plane eater out of mothballs when we start seeing 2v2 CV games again. 

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,234 posts
3,082 battles

(Obligatory repost of the best game I've ever or will ever have.) 

fZfPcEq.png?1

:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,496 posts
2,050 battles

Um, as an ATL player, I'm here to tell you the Atlanta isn't the one deciding the match. It's a fun ship definitely, but it's not going to be the one leading the team to victory. It's just too fragile and can't put out enough effective damage usually to do that.

• Cool 1

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
936 posts
6,331 battles

Thanks to IFHE Atlanta is now ridiculously op. WG has made the 5" gun superior to the 6" gun due to sheer rate of fire. Atlanta will out DPM Helena, that shouldn't be the case.

[KRAK]
Members
941 posts
13,026 battles
8 hours ago, TheSubman said:

Atlanta is a garbage boat there is absolutely no reason to worry about how many there are. They get "kills" because their high ROF allows them to finish off ships with low health.

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles

Draw into a few Tier 9 battles one after another in your Atlanta and then show me all your overpowered replays. 

Atlanta is a tough ship to run well, and anything you accomplish in that ship is deserved.

I've had Bismarck captains that I got an Arsonist off of scream that I was "pay to win", lolololol ok Mr Easymode, calm your monkey nubs.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-TKS-]
Members
283 posts
5,568 battles

ive run into way to many atlantas with what i assume is a low / wrong skilled captain . those are easy kills / not helpful to the team.  a lot of times when im in it i always tell myself id hate being in the receiving end of it . thankfully it doesn't happen to much. dont see them as a big problem yet .

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

[TAFY3]
Members
334 posts
7,132 battles

I div up with my buddy's Kaga.  It's sick.  We'll enjoy that broken combo until the carrier rework.  

Atlanta's rule!

[TAFY3]
Members
334 posts
7,132 battles
3 hours ago, Vaffu said:

Atlanta is a garbage boat there is absolutely no reason to worry about how many there are. They get "kills" because their high ROF allows them to finish off ships with low health.

You're joking, right?!?  

Edited by driedjello
  • Cool 1

Members
140 posts
15,530 battles
3 hours ago, Vaffu said:

image.thumb.png.c7148b18fbee7c73a4816a0f0aa148d2.png

Thats because you hasn't faced a good Atlanta yet. Getting free kills on potato Atlantas that hide behind islands does not mean the ship is weak

[NG-NL]
Members
4,961 posts
8,109 battles

ATL takes considerable skill and some tolerance for pain to use well. Had one, but the constant uptiering and relying on islands for surviving made it such an annoyance that eventually sold mine.

[O_O]
Members
675 posts
6,062 battles

dont forget that ATL are the most hated ships in the game.  

be honest, the moment you see one...you want everyone to kill it first.  keeping it alive and unchecked would be a big mistake. so if you that scared of her, take her out first. 

as playing one...most of the time we know that we will be prime targets, if spotted.  so we hide behind something you cant shoot through...unless you can go over it... ^_^ haha.  

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
941 posts
13,026 battles
3 hours ago, driedjello said:

You're joking, right?!?  

Not even a little. They are nothing to fear that is for sure.

[KRAK]
Members
941 posts
13,026 battles
3 hours ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

image.thumb.png.c7148b18fbee7c73a4816a0f0aa148d2.png

Thats because you hasn't faced a good Atlanta yet. Getting free kills on potato Atlantas that hide behind islands does not mean the ship is weak

Yes in 3 plus years of playing I never faced a "good" Atlanta.  Just saying the boat is way more hype than anything, it weak. I would worry  more if there were multiple Belfast in the match

• Funny 2