Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Phasferous

Mighty Mo probably gone for good, good Prem Alternatives?

109 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

80
[RAWR]
Members
425 posts

So from the sounds of it the Mighty Mo isn't gonna be coming back. If she is it'll be a very dumbed down version in regards to credit grind (at least as the community theories go). So anyone got any suggestions for good alternatives too her?

I've got a few Prem ship (none at T9 though), however none seem to come close to what the Mighty Mo could earn.

So open to suggestions if people got some. I primarily play Battleships and Cruisers, so within those ship types would be preferred.

 

Thanks!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
2,868 posts
4,098 battles

kii with makoto kobayashi camo too,the missouri was a mistake,her credit gains made silver(and all other premiums) irrelevant.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,490
[PSP]
Members
6,047 posts
8,589 battles

My Des Moines with the "Freedom" camo consistently prints credits, even on a standard account. Not much but at least enough that it pays for itself and then some. I think that the massive credit-producing ability of the Missouri was a mistake, which is why it was eventually removed.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[RAWR]
Members
425 posts
4 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

kii with makoto kobayashi camo too,the missouri was a mistake,her credit gains made silver(and all other premiums) irrelevant.

When you are grinding the Iowa, the Mighty Mo would be a gift from the gods. WGing in this case. 15 Mil credits is just....bad.

I am a bit scared to go for the Montana with how high the credit amount it for the Iowa. Plus from what I've heard time and time again, running T10 and T9 is costly. Like really badly. So having the Mighty Mo made it actually worth it to run T9 because you'd not end up going massively negative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,601
[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,766 posts
6,738 battles
22 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

So open to suggestions if people got some. I primarily play Battleships and Cruisers, so within those ship types would be preferred.

You won't get anything close to Mo in earning potential, seems WG thinks it was too much, and never to be repeated again.

Some people might suggest getting a tier 10 ship with premium camo, but personally I think tier 8 premiums are more efficient, as long as you're capable of doing consistently well even when you're not top tier. Alabama, Atago, Kutuzov, whatever-- just pick something that suits your playstyle best. You'll want to do damage, that's what gives credits.

 

7 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

What do you mean by Beer can camo?

9133c7cc-fba8-11e7-9608-d89d6715223c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
141
[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
682 posts
10,379 battles
6 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

What do you mean by Beer can camo?

Special camo for Roma as bad as the beer can looks the bonuses more then make up for it -50% to repair costs and 20% credit income along with the standard tier 8 bonuses. still not Mo but it makes a lot of credits 

 

image.thumb.png.06322b1093ca7f4f663539eca4da3a00.png

Edited by yamato6945
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[RAWR]
Members
425 posts
1 minute ago, vak_ said:

You won't get anything close to Mo in earning potential, seems WG thinks it was too much, and never to be repeated again.

Some people might suggest getting a tier 10 ship with premium camo, but personally I think tier 8 premiums are fine, as long as you're capable of doing consistent damage even when you're not top tier. Alabama, Atago, Kutuzov come to mind -- just pick something that suits your playstyle best. You'll want to do damage, that's what gives credits.

To be honest, it's disheartening to know they won't bring back the Mighty Mo. Almost dishonest in a way from WGing. Every time I see one in a match, my heart sinks cause I know I didn't have a chance to get one. I was grinding the heck out of Free XP (even buying event containers during the holiday prior to her removal) and I still didn't even get enough Free XP to get her.

That feeling of "Ya you [edited] up, even though you gave it you all".

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[RAWR]
Members
425 posts
2 minutes ago, yamato6945 said:

Special camo for Roma as bad as the beer can looks the bonuses more then make up for it -50% to repair costs and 20% credit income along with the standard tier 8 bonuses. still not Mo but it makes a lot of credits 

 

image.thumb.png.06322b1093ca7f4f663539eca4da3a00.png

How do you get that Camo? Looking at the ship in the game and the camo on her isn't that one. Was that a event only camo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,601
[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,766 posts
6,738 battles
2 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

Almost dishonest in a way from WGing

It would only be dishonest if they promised that Mo would stay available forever. I don't recall any promises to that regard. There is plenty of content that's semi-exclusive, this is by design.

Sorry you missed out on getting her, but life goes on :)

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
141
[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
682 posts
10,379 battles

Should be an option to buy with doubloons that's what I did after I bought Roma 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[RAWR]
Members
425 posts
1 minute ago, vak_ said:

It would only be dishonest if they promised that Mo would stay available forever. I don't recall any promises to that regard. There is plenty of content that's semi-exclusive, this is by design.

Sorry you missed out on getting her, but life goes on :)

I meant dishonest in a way that was more long the lines that they had the ship available but their reasoning (which is clear) for removing it was that it made too much money and thus lost them money.

It's not that they removed it, it's that they removed it because they were losing money. Which should have been thought about prior to her release. That was more what i was going for when I said dishonest.

 

I'd be fine if they released a semi-reduced version. As long as she still can earn more credits then the other Prem ships. I mean otherwise there's no point in releasing her again at all. Since her ability to make the credit grind less intense and painful is why people even have and use her.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,690 posts
7,232 battles
4 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

I'd be fine if they released a semi-reduced version. As long as she still can earn more credits then the other Prem ships. I mean otherwise there's no point in releasing her again at all. Since her ability to make the credit grind less intense and painful is why people even have and use her.

Oh really.  I play Mo because I really like the ship, and her ability to print credits is irrelevant to me.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
820
[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,481 battles

Honestly, any ship that you can do well in does it for me. Amagi and Nagato are a two that if I do well, they can get me some income. As good as prem ships? Of course not, but good enough for a poor person like me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[RAWR]
Members
425 posts
6 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Oh really.  I play Mo because I really like the ship, and her ability to print credits is irrelevant to me.

You bud are one of the few in the community who doesn't user her for the credits. However I bet you still would if you were in a pinch and needed credits badly.

Just because you don't, doesn't mean others don't either. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
239
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,516 posts
8,044 battles
1 hour ago, Phasferous said:

When you are grinding the Iowa, the Mighty Mo would be a gift from the gods. WGing in this case. 15 Mil credits is just....bad.

I am a bit scared to go for the Montana with how high the credit amount it for the Iowa. Plus from what I've heard time and time again, running T10 and T9 is costly. Like really badly. So having the Mighty Mo made it actually worth it to run T9 because you'd not end up going massively negative.

~$20 perma camo turns t10s into better money makers than t8 premiums.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
15,692 posts
14,062 battles

In terms of pure credit earnings, the 3 Makoto Kobayashi-camo option ships are the next best behind Missouri.

 

VII Ashitaka

VIII Kii

VIII Roma

I highly recommend checking reviews, feedback on those 3 before jumping on them.  There are things about them that drive people up the wall.  Roma for example is a case in point.  I love Roma, but people don't know how to protect BB citadels anymore, so they hate Roma.  Her guns are also pretty inconsistent, even for a BB.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[ANZ4C]
Members
161 posts
7,156 battles

Musashi makes more coin than Missouri for me on average now, must be the higher avg damage numbers. The Mo doesn't leave port all that often anymore.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
236 posts
5,822 battles

I was hoping they would give a limited chance to get Missouri in the future, I was 400k xp short when they removed it and I was saving free xp since before its release

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,236
[RKLES]
Members
7,131 posts
8,768 battles
1 hour ago, Phasferous said:

So from the sounds of it the Mighty Mo isn't gonna be coming back. If she is it'll be a very dumbed down version in regards to credit grind (at least as the community theories go). So anyone got any suggestions for good alternatives too her?

I've got a few Prem ship (none at T9 though), however none seem to come close to what the Mighty Mo could earn.

So open to suggestions if people got some. I primarily play Battleships and Cruisers, so within those ship types would be preferred.

 

Thanks!

May sound little crazy, but I have Mighty Mo as well as Scharnhorst, Duke of York, Hood, Nelson, Graf Spee, Warspite, and Texas and onnsome day’s the lower ships can haul in more credits than Mighty Mo can if Mighty Mo is facing bad high tier MM on a day. As some people say play what you are good at and enjoy and the credits will follow, granted those lower ships possibly may not be able to earn a million credits in 1 battle, but they have earned nice amount in battles. And a win in those ships beats a loss on bad day in Missouri.

I would think Tirpitz or Massachusetts would be good credit earners as well maybe.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[RAWR]
Members
425 posts
16 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Where was it confirmed the Missouri will never return?

It's not so much that isn't not being out right said, it's the clear writing on the wall.

Mighty Mo could print money like no other ship. Period. Prem or not.

And considering you can get credits using real money, the Mighty Mo was cutting into that profit for WGing. Remove the Mighty Mo and you can go back to not having to worry about players using a ship to earn better credits and paying real money instead.

If they brought it back then that would once again eat into their profits.

 

I will say IF they do bring her back, I will be surprised. But that's if she's not nerfed or changed to earn less credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
370
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,584 posts
3,743 battles

It's rather funny that the other alternatives (Kobayashi camo) people are suggesting in this thread are also items that are not available anymore just like the Missouri.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×