Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Joe_918145

How to Shut Up a Commander

22 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
Members
128 posts
6,187 battles

I can't remember where I got her, but I have Nelson as one of my commanders.  I put her in a new ship today and the endless chatter is making me nuts.

Is there any way to put a squelch on her without turning down Voice Message Volume in Settings?  I do not want to miss the regular messages so I hate to simply lower the voice volume. 

That woman's incessant chatter is making me want to uninstall.  LOL!

• Funny 1

[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,390 posts
4,284 battles

The Nelson mission required opting in, so you can't have got her by accident. Just use a different captain if you don't like her voice.

Also what ship are you using her on. My rule of thumb is to not use them on anything with fast RoF to keep their chatter under control. I have Nelson in my Nelson and the frequency of her voice lines activating is acceptable for me.

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
Members
128 posts
6,187 battles

You answered my question.  It sounds like I either listen to her or put her in reserve.

I hate to waste a 6 point captain that I must have done something to earn, but reserve it is.  

Thank you.

[DAKI]
12,390 posts
4,284 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/june-missions-2018/

You must have saw this page 4 months ago and pushed the button to opt into the Nelson missions. The missions would not have activated otherwise.

[ERN]
[ERN]
10,101 posts
4,223 battles
10 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

You answered my question.  It sounds like I either listen to her or put her in reserve.

I hate to waste a 6 point captain that I must have done something to earn, but reserve it is.  

Thank you.

you can remove the voice by removing 2 files in the game folder. the only downside is that you have to do it every update.

go to world_of_warships/res_packages and delete these two files "sound_mods_official.idx" and "sound_mods_official_0001.pkg".

Your welcome

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,322 posts
9,387 battles

Go to Game SETTINGS:

Select AUDIO tab:

Under VOICOVER MODIFICATION:

Select ARP ASHIGARA.

Hit APPLY and OK.

Nelson won't be annoying you any more.

• Cool 2

Members
1,770 posts
17,309 battles

How to Shut Up a Commander...

34 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

Is there any way to put a squelch on her

Might I suggest a nice warm glass of virtual almond milk laced w/virtual cyanide?

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
to add the virtuals...don't want any "real" commanders being accidentally cyanided.
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles
35 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

That woman's incessant chatter is making me want to uninstall.  

You asked why you can't shut up your commander. I think your conclusion is contained within your premise.

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles

That is a new one, double post. I've been having connection problems all evening though.

Edited by Snargfargle

[ICOP]
Members
128 posts
6,187 battles
24 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Go to Game SETTINGS:

Select AUDIO tab:

Select ARP ASHIGARA.

Hit APPLY and OK.

I loaded the game and tried this and it did seem to make her less annoying.  If I decide I still don't like it, then I'll adopt MajorRenegade's method.

Thanks, guys, for the help.   Snargfargle, your reply is over my head, but I'll think about it overnight and maybe it will make sense to my old brain tomorrow morning.  LOL!

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
415 posts
3,620 battles
32 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Go to Game SETTINGS:

Select AUDIO tab:

Select ARP ASHIGARA.

Hit APPLY and OK.

I tried that and it didn't work for me. It changed the voice, but it was still a lot of talking. Like every time I launched a torpedo she says something. Too much for me. Especially with single launch torps in RN cruisers!

Am I doing something wrong?

What worked for me is going to the Additional Content menu (the two gears in the lower right corner), then Custom Ships then Azur Lane and turning it off.

image.png.3b91909008a175b8cfb73d90f6722e14.png

Edited by Jester_of_War

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,322 posts
9,387 battles
6 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

I loaded the game and tried this and it did seem to make her less annoying.  If I decide I still don't like it, then I'll adopt MajorRenegade's method.

Thanks, guys, for the help.   Snargfargle, your reply is over my head, but I'll think about it overnight and maybe it will make sense to my old brain tomorrow morning.  LOL!

For the entertainment value, Ashigara goes absolutely ballistic when on fire or flooding.

But ...  yeah...   shut off the Azure Lane and go standard for the plain old English thing....  

Or try 'British English' for a documentary...  "  Ahhhhh...  There sits a little Isokaze..  In it's cloud of smoke...  Waiting for a passing cruiser to torpedo..."

[WOLF2]
Members
1,072 posts
12,832 battles
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, Joe_918145 said:

I can't remember where I got her, but I have Nelson as one of my commanders.  I put her in a new ship today and the endless chatter is making me nuts.

Is there any way to put a squelch on her without turning down Voice Message Volume in Settings?  I do not want to miss the regular messages so I hate to simply lower the voice volume. 

That woman's incessant chatter is making me want to uninstall.  LOL!

If you've ever been married for very long, you already have the selective hearing skills you need … 

and if you live long enough to develop tinnitus and hearing loss, it will become your best friend :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Funny 3

[RKLES]
Members
7,089 posts
8,720 battles

I have her assigned to Royal Navy BBs so the voice only speaks occasionally, now if you put her on the new RN DDs or on the rapid firing RN cruisers then she would continuously carry on.

[ICOP]
Members
128 posts
6,187 battles
5 hours ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Obviously you've never been married. :cap_hmm:

If my bride of 36 years talked all the time like Nelson I would be in prison for murder.  

• Funny 2

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
282 posts
9,066 battles

Put her in the Belfast.............that was a noisy mistake. but, at least she doesn't sound like a seven year old and has some depth to her voice tone unlike my Harakaze commander

Edited by Gary_P

[DAKI]
12,390 posts
4,284 battles

Since I have all the current AL captains (and 2 Nelsons) my personal rating of the AL voices goes like this:

1. Hood. Easily the best voice hands down, it's melodic and oozes class and elegance. It's so soothing I've been playing Hood more regularly just to listen to it.

2. Belfast: voiced by a famous Japanese voice actress Horie Yui. AL Belfast is depicted as a dutiful maid and the WoWs voice reflects that by being calm and stoic.

3. Aurora: Meant to be a 'oneechan' big sister archetype character in AL, since compared to all the WW2 ships she's ancient. Afaik her voice is on the calm side. 

4. Cleveland: Her voice is more on the overconfident and laid back side. Interestingly AL Cleveland's character was somewhat based on early WoWs Cleveland when it was OP.

5. Nelson: Meant to be the 'tsundere ojousama' archetype found in anime. I can see that her voice would be an acquired taste. But I don't mind her and don't think she 'screaches'.

6. Admiral Hipper: Also meant to be the 'tsundere' archetype, Hipper doesn't really pull it off and ends up sounding 100% 'tsun' mega pissed off. Oddly imho it does give her character, and when she screachs "FEUER!!!" you know she really wants to kill something.

7. Enterprise: I just find her voice boring. It's just very normal and kinda bland imho.

[MEATS]
[MEATS]
Supertester, Beta Testers
102 posts
2,707 battles
12 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

If you've ever been married for very long, you already have the selective hearing skills you need … 

If you've lived long enough to develop tinnitus and hearing loss, it will become your best friend :)

What?

You get to not even notice when Nelson pops off. I've been power grinding Hood and she has been rather noisy.

After awhile, you dont hear it anymore.

Edited by BrokenGamer

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,068 posts
7,503 battles
7 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

7. Enterprise: I just find her voice boring. It's just very normal and kinda bland imho.

If you understand what she's saying, Enterprise is the emo option.

I'm only half-serious saying that.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,072 posts
12,832 battles
14 hours ago, Gary_P said:

Put her in the Belfast.............that was a noisy mistake. but, at least she doesn't sound like a seven year old and has some depth to her voice tone unlike my Harakaze commander

Ok harekaze just lost a lot of its charm instantly - maybe I can live without that one

Kagero ftw

Edited by Commander_367

Sign in to follow this