You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

Charles Martel - CBCK

20 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Members
165 posts
10,001 battles

Cherry Blossom Cruiser Killer.

This ship rocks in the current operation. Decided to take a break on Sunday from the ranked madness...wow. 

Thinking might jut hide here the rest of the week and grind the T9.

Included a screen shot from a Cleve game for comparison, the CM just feels like more fun with the greater manoeuvrability over the other options.

Makes saving the marines a lot easier too. Anyone having similar results?

shot-18.09.02_13.48.03-0047.jpg

shot-18.09.02_16.08.01-0560.jpg

shot-18.09.03_19.50.13-0563.jpg

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,043 posts
8,052 battles

Nice games, my Kutuzov does well in this one too. long reach!

• Cool 1

[WPP]
Members
455 posts
5,100 battles

I like it too.  The HE tears apart the DDs quick and the AP on the Cruisers is nuts.  I had 16 Citadels in the game I played today.

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,849 posts
5,548 battles

Yes. The speed lures even crappy players to push forward, which does save the marine regiments far more often than a team of short-ranged Clevelands.

[LOU1]
Members
2,890 posts
8,004 battles

The only issue with the CM,  Eddy, Chappy, and Kutuzov for me is the slow ROF.  Seems to take ages for the reload in the first skirmishes.  I have gotten spoiled by the Cleveland.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,493 posts
8,037 battles
1 hour ago, Rabin69 said:

Cherry Blossom Cruiser Killer.

This ship rocks in the current operation. Decided to take a break on Sunday from the ranked madness...wow. 

Thinking might jut hide here the rest of the week and grind the T9.

Included a screen shot from a Cleve game for comparison, the CM just feels like more fun with the greater manoeuvrability over the other options.

Makes saving the marines a lot easier too. Anyone having similar results?

shot-18.09.02_13.48.03-0047.jpg

shot-18.09.02_16.08.01-0560.jpg

shot-18.09.03_19.50.13-0563.jpg

The problem with the Cleveland is her relatively short range and very slow shell velocity makes engaging the ships shelling the marines very challenging.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
165 posts
10,001 battles
3 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

The only issue with the CM,  Eddy, Chappy, and Kutuzov for me is the slow ROF.  Seems to take ages for the reload in the first skirmishes.  I have gotten spoiled by the Cleveland.

Slower rate yes, but more accurate.

At 11k plus I struggle against fast moving targets with my Cleve.

Also even with IFHE the 152's on the Cleve on the just seem to do less damage.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,493 posts
8,037 battles
1 hour ago, Rabin69 said:

Slower rate yes, but more accurate.

At 11k plus I struggle against fast moving targets with my Cleve.

Also even with IFHE the 152's on the Cleve on the just seem to do less damage.

Not to mention start fewer fires. The only advantage cleveland has over her counterparts is RoF and diversity of consumables.

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

I played her today for the first time since the new reload booster change....She has always been a favorite, and now she might be even more so...that DPM can be nuts... fires fires everywhere...

[WOLFB]
Members
1,665 posts
8,047 battles

You trade 1 sec CD on gun for 15 sec burst damage. Not a bad trade . Martel was good before her buff, now she's even better

Members
4,457 posts
6,181 battles

Charles "The Hammer" Martel. Frank.  Bad azz in the 8th century CE. Saved France from an invasion which, in today's world, might not be PC to mention. Strange world. But it's true. 

Edited by dmckay

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,422 posts
3,413 battles

I actually find Chapayev and Charles Martel more useful to me in Cherry Blossom; Chapayev's long-range radar helps with early spotting of the DDs during the initial phase, and just before meeting up with the CVs, and also has a good mix of range, RoF, and punch. CM on the other hand has speed boost and reload boost, which helps with quickly advancing and melting a Myoko (provided one preemptively gets their AP loaded and in position to farm the first of the two Myokos while they idle). I ended up using Hydro on CM rather than AADF since I had a tendency to charge in a little too aggressively, and draw all the torpedoes. I had a great match in her; 9 kills, and survived a torpedo hell to the amazement of the rest of my team. Survived the match with about 50 HP left.

[LOU1]
Members
2,890 posts
8,004 battles
35 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Not to mention start fewer fires. The omly advantage cleveland has over her counterparts is RoF and diversity of consumables.

Interesting.  I have never thought of fire as a significant element in Cherry Blossom because I actively fire on a target until it is dead.  In Cleveland my damage is usually between 95k and 150k.  It tends to be the same for the other ships, also.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Cherry Blossom is without a doubt my favorite operation and an absolute DREAM for grinding tier 8 cruisers. In the two weeks I've participated that it's been operation of the week I managed to unlock the Seattle and get half-way through the Baltimore, then today finish up the Baltimore entirely. Now I need to hop back into my Algerie so that I can have the Charles Martel to grind in it.

[WPP]
Members
455 posts
5,100 battles
2 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

You trade 1 sec CD on gun for 15 sec burst damage. Not a bad trade . Martel was good before her buff, now she's even better

In Randoms and CoOp I find the tradeoff not to be worth it since it lowers the overall DPM.  But I also suspect there's an art to it - like punch that I key as soon as your opponent uses their repair kit and unload 3-4 volleys of HE to their face.  Maybe?   In the Weekly Mission though, it's nice to pop the gun boost as soon as the Americans' radar spots the swarm of DDs.  You can usually knock out 1-2 in that 20 seconds.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,635 posts
14,025 battles

If Cherry Blossom wasn't artificially restricted in ship choices the way it is, Admiral Hipper and Prinz Eugen would be amazing for the operation.

German Hydro access.

Great AA.

High powered German AP flying at low shell arcs.  Compared to Charles Martel and Baltimore 203mm shells that have a lot worse degrees of high arcs than Prinz & Hipper.

Prinz Eugen has Repair Party.

Martel has floatier shells and garbage a.f. AA.

[VW]
Members
1,833 posts
12,289 battles
5 hours ago, dmckay said:

Charles "The Hammer" Martel. Frank.  Bad azz in the 8th century CE. Saved France from an invasion which, in today's world, might not be PC to mention. Strange world. But it's true. 

Sad part is today you would’t know he won.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,665 posts
8,047 battles
2 hours ago, galspanic said:

In Randoms and CoOp I find the tradeoff not to be worth it since it lowers the overall DPM.  But I also suspect there's an art to it - like punch that I key as soon as your opponent uses their repair kit and unload 3-4 volleys of HE to their face.  Maybe?   In the Weekly Mission though, it's nice to pop the gun boost as soon as the Americans' radar spots the swarm of DDs.  You can usually knock out 1-2 in that 20 seconds.

Well yes losing 1 sec will always affect your DPM but you don't really feel it. WG first planned to nerf the CD from 10 sec to I think 13 sec or 12 sec. At this tier, Prinz Eugen has 12 sec but she also has armor and heal for instance. That 1 sec reload isn't life changing but the burst damage you get from the consummable allows you to heavily punish broadside and it will forces ship Hipper to think twice before turning broadside to use their rear gun. 

[-TKS-]
Members
283 posts
5,596 battles

Don't really like the CM find it to be a tinderbox always ran around with at least 1 fire on it. not to mention I cant start to many fires of my own  .finally Its aa is terrible too .    Got it and blew through to T9 using cherry blossom only . Loaded up with flags and camo could get average 16k xp   took about 15 games from brand new ship to neptune . 

threw on mosaic just for kicks

image.thumb.png.857a6b24713b8210304f555185f9a4b8.png

• Cool 2

[FACT]
Members
398 posts
3,933 battles

I grinded out the Cleveland, Chappy, and Charles Martel, starting with 0 XP in all 3 ships over the 2 weeks Cherry Blossom was running when it first dropped. 200% first win bonus, plus Type 59 Camo and signals, and I was getting 18-20k per battle pulling 5 Star wins...lol.

Also broke the 1 million credit mark playing the Kutuzov as well in Cheery Blossom. I believe that WG has tweaked it some because now I cannot seem to break 100k damage like could before in just about every game.

Good luck in your grind. Cheers!

• Cool 1