Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Helena interesting model detail

6 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,626 battles

Just got the Helena and noticed the model has spent shell casings in the catcher net under B turret. Probably inaccurate for a ship in port but cool anyway. Right up there with the "landing guns" on the St Louis.

On another note...I took CE instead of IFHE (moved and advanced an 8 pt captain from reserve) and am finding my damage output kinda low for the number of hits achieved. Did I err? It is a looong way to 14 pts...

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles
15 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Just got the Helena and noticed the model has spent shell casings in the catcher net under B turret. Probably inaccurate for a ship in port but cool anyway. Right up there with the "landing guns" on the St Louis.

On another note...I took CE instead of IFHE (moved and advanced an 8 pt captain from reserve) and am finding my damage output kinda low for the number of hits achieved. Did I err? It is a looong way to 14 pts...

I don't think so.  I was doing over 50k a game before IFHE on my Nueve de Julio.  If you're not getting damage, your aim is off or your positioning is off.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,335 posts
9,418 battles

Same thing on the Cleveland.

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,626 battles
21 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

If you're not getting damage, your aim is off or your positioning is off.

Not going to argue that I often fall short on either. But I will get lots of hits to the superstructure for very little damage. Not as many fires as I would hope even with DE. 

This is one of those ships where "aiming" at med-long range is more spray and pray.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles

That's odd.  I don't run DE at all (and rarely flags) and usually I score around 175 hits with 5-10 fires.  I am up to 14 points on my NdJ now, so I have IFHE, so results are no longer comparable on NA server.

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,626 battles
6 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Same thing on the Cleveland.

Happened to check this earlier and found the nets there too. Look EXACTLY the same so probably some labor saving cut and paste going on.

Sign in to follow this