Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

Flint vs Belfast?

13 comments in this topic

[W-P-E]
Members
458 posts

Is Flint more OP than Belfast? I already have Belfast and Atlanta. I am wondering if i should work out in ranked to get steel to buy Flint or Black. 

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles

No, belfast its the most "OP" with smoke+radar+hydro+good guns.
flint its just one atlanta with smoke and long range torps, and without radar.

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
2,854 posts
7,987 battles

There is a difference in the smoke consumable (Flint shorter cool down - 30s).  Flint has better ROF.  Flint has Atlanta armor compared to Belfast armor.  Flint has higher arcs, IIRC.  Flint has better AA.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[LOU1]
Members
2,854 posts
7,987 battles

More current (includes very short Belfast/Flint duel):

Edited by ExploratorOne

Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles

I don't do very well with Atlanta and I don't think I'd do any better with Flint. Belfast however... :cap_rambo::cap_horn::Smile_great::Smile_izmena::etc_red_button:

[RMRGD]
Members
174 posts
16,718 battles

I have had flint for a while and its for sure been power creeped.  When it was first released there was so little radar it was for sure a little OP.   now with all the radar its not nearly as strong.  She is a good ship and can be used well.    But a belfast has a lot more options.  I have had belfast for a long time as well.   belfast > flint.   But I find the flint to be more fun.  

Members
855 posts
3,426 battles

They both have been power creeped. When Belfast was first released you were very unlikely to see a radar ship in that tier of matchmaking. Along came Belfast with its fast firing guns, smoke and radar rekting things. At that time you still had stealth firing as well. Belfast got known as being OP cuz of ranked t7 play because radar.....

Remove ranked from your mind, factor in your typical run at playing a T7, you are going to see a ton of Clevelands and other radar ships which means that you should know how to deal with radar. With so much radar now-a-days radar is glossing some of its glare, not to mention a belfast sitting in its smoke, radar or not, is just as boned by radar as the mino is when its radared in smoke. 

I don't think either ship is OP, and I think you can make both work extremely well. They should resell the Belfast because the idea that its OP is a joke. 

• Cool 1

[--O--]
Members
186 posts
17,869 battles

Belfast all day imo, i enjoy playing belfast more as well, oddly for fun prefer fiji over both lol

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,574 posts
14,010 battles

The difference is Flint is a pretty decent damage dealer (ATL gunfire + smoke + actually respectable torpedo range), while Belfast has tools to be a nightmare for your Destroyers.  Farming damage off BBs is cool, but killing DDs to affect the chances of winning is more important.  Now, if a Flint falls into my account I wouldn't complain one bit, but Belfast is the more match-influencing ship between these two.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,538 battles

Belfast is much better than Flint.  I don't feel the Flint is overpowered.  Belfast, is.

[BIAS]
Members
3,004 posts
8,982 battles

So Atlanta and flint are quite similar, I honestly think the Atlanta is better than the Belfast. Yeah, the Belfast is all around a better ship, but the Atlanta has a psychological effect on enemy teams. CVs avoid it for its aa, dds avoid it for its radar and bbs avoid it because they see the rainbow and taste the rainbow and don't like the rainbow and not many cruises want to get in a spot where the Atlanta can tee off on it. 

I kill more and get more damage in Belfast, but I have a higher win rate in Atlanta and I think it's because it can clear a good radius of the map and the enemy don't want to push into it. Granted, the Atlanta is one of the biggest Stat paddlers because so many people have but very few people are able to make it perform near its ceiling. 

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
284 posts
9,084 battles

The Great Mikhail Kutozov finds this thread amusing

[SIDE]
Members
714 posts
3,131 battles
1 hour ago, Gary_P said:

The Great Mikhail Kutozov finds this thread amusing

Kutozov isn't as nearly as OP as it used to be now that it can spotted a mile away in it's own smoke. Also the Kutozov has the unfortunate placement of tier 8... and getting dragged into tier 10 games most of the time. lol 

At least the Flint and Belfast gets to play with tier 5-6 reliably and never sees the tier 10s. =p

Oh.... Also Belfast has an insane concealment build,  going down to 8.7 or 8.9 km concealment...

Edited by Merlox
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this