You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmb47

Container nerf...

20 comments in this topic

[AR15]
Beta Testers
98 posts
9,432 battles

I always select the "More RESOURCES" container.  It would usually yield at least 800 coal, with the odd flags or XP thrown.  For the last three weeks, I have gotten -0- containers containing more than 400.  If WOWS is going to nerf it, please tell us.  I could exactly the same results selecting other containers.  This is absolute BULL ....CRAP......

• Bad 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles
2 minutes ago, dmb47 said:

I always select the "More RESOURCES" container.  It would usually yield at least 800 coal, with the odd flags or XP thrown.  For the last three weeks, I have gotten -0- containers containing more than 400.  If WOWS is going to nerf it, please tell us.  I could exactly the same results selecting other containers.  This is absolute BULL ....CRAP......

The resource containers have 3 sections. The first slot is always guaranteed to drop 400 coal. The other 2 either drop coal, free xp, or flags. Nothing has changed, you have just been rolling bad. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,106 posts
12,851 battles
13 minutes ago, dmb47 said:

I get the 800 coal sometimes, but really - how much coal do you need lol?

I go to consumables the rest of the time just for variety :)

I never feel lucky with WG - so never try my luck :(

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

just got 3x400

but SC hasn't dropped for a very very long time :(

Edited by Happy668

[A_51]
Members
195 posts
12,604 battles

I got 1000 doubloons in a resource crate recently but no coal.  I am OK with that.

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,878 battles
19 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

how much coal do you need lol?

180,000  lol.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles

Nothing's been nerfed. It's always been 400 guaranteed with two additional slots for stuff.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,952 posts
2,203 battles
2 hours ago, dmb47 said:

I always select the "More RESOURCES" container.  It would usually yield at least 800 coal, with the odd flags or XP thrown.  For the last three weeks, I have gotten -0- containers containing more than 400. 

No, it's not a nerf.  You were very lucky to get so much Coal.  The average yield is about 500; anything more is a bonus. 

Those "odd flags", btw, often are worth more than a bag of Coal.  A drop of 3 ECSL signals is worth 1920 Coal.

• Boring 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,416 battles

@dmb47 be happy you got 1 400 bag of coal since that is the norm any more is just gravy!

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

there's nothing to buy really, salem you can get it "free" from DM, musashi is yamoto-1, i hope WG gives us something more unique

or how about MO for 300k? :)

Edited by Happy668

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,900 posts
3,282 battles

I've been taking the time, to figure out averages for the "More Resource" option of the containers. So far I have calculated 69 containers worth of information, so the sample size is still small for my taste, but I am seeing a trend already: Free experience is favored more heavily than the other options.

More Resource Container Tracking

The first slot is 100% 400 coal, every single time. So no need to track that slot. I only use that slot, to help keep track of the amount of coal obtained, and to trigger the "container counter" to increase by 1.

Slot 2: 20% in favor of Coal, 33% in favor of Equal Speed Charlie London, and 47% in favor of Free Experience. <---yes I rounded)

Slot 3: 4% in favor of coal, 20% in favor of Free Experience, 3% in favor of Hotel Yankee, 15% (rounded up to make up for missing 1%) in favor of November Foxtrot, 16% in favor of Papa Papa, 10% in favor of Zulu, 13% Juliet Charlie, 19% Zulu Hotel.

So far, the only time I have seen coal in the third slot, is when there is coal also in slot 2. I received two sets of 1200 coal in a row, which I marked on the data sheet.

Please note: I have two sets of unclaimed resource trackers. If you would like to help track the numbers, let me know, so I can give you permission to make edits to one of the unused sets (two sheets).

[WOLF3]
Members
5,952 posts
2,203 battles
4 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

I've been taking the time, to figure out averages for the "More Resource" option

I haven't updated my numbers in a couple of weeks, but what you're seeing is pretty much what I'm seeing. 

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,900 posts
3,282 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

I haven't updated my numbers in a couple of weeks, but what you're seeing is pretty much what I'm seeing. 

Haha, nice.

1 hour ago, Compassghost said:

Maybe you'll get lucky and get a coal SC?

gsOuKze.png

Would love to see such a container myself. The SC I received for completing the anniversary collection, gave me 100 +50% Commander experience signals. Which I'm not complaining, was starting to run low.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,655 posts
8,037 battles

Yesterday I had 1200 coal when choosing Ressources crate. Definitely a SC for me.

But so far, Ressources crate aren't bad. For almost a week I always had 400 coal + 1000 free XP. Sometime it's 800 coal and 500 free XP.  

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[WOLF3]
Members
5,952 posts
2,203 battles

Thanks to Coal, I have enough FXP to buy Missouri!   except, well, it's about 6 months too late...

Members
977 posts
5,690 battles

The last Sunday of August, I got- back-to-back 3x400 for the daily XP container drops.

Last night, both were 1x400, but both had 2x500 Free Xp.

I've always found the 2x and 3x coal drops to be rare since they began.

[REVY]
Beta Testers
260 posts
1,680 battles

I must be getting some good SC RNG, got 1 two days in a row selecting extra resources.