Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Spud_butt

why do we have to keep complaining?

11 comments in this topic

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles

if trolling was eliminated, the vast majority of my posts would be complaints. just took a 'break' from the forum, well, actually it was a one month _____ that shall not be mentioned nor discussed, and played more instead of reading or posting.

noticed the following:

when I play poorly, and leave battle frustrated, angry and/or raging (you know, the usual) now I watch a replay instead of posting here. while it's still possible to blame MM for the worst teams ever, anywhere, in all of gaming, when you make lots and lots of repeated stupid mistakes, it sort of takes the fire out of those complaints.

after reading thru my posts (something I do NOT recommend for the faint of heart), the vast majority were awesomely stupid. my suggestions were, for the most part, incredibly bad. there is no way any of them would work, except for a few specific battles in which I played well beyond astoundingly bad.

when I have a good battle, one of those really close, fun, hard fought battles that goes down to the wire, with both teams playing well, it's still the most fun I've had in gaming. there are times when I've actually complained about that, specifically that there should be more of them. and what's wrong with perfection? except the cost would probably be prohibitive...

I am nowhere close to being the best player, not even a good one. however, once and a great while I figure out something about the game mechanics, and a ship, that works well. if it works for me, it will work for anybody! going to make an effort to post some of that, and in general try to contribute something positive to the game. pretty sure WG will reward me with better MM and RNG (humor font :o)

as the title states, this is a question. your thoughts are appreciated. 

spud 

• Cool 4

[-AA-]
Members
1,728 posts
6,657 battles

It is easy to complain! 

Though being positive is more helpful and better in the end. Good job OP :)

Edited by LemonadeWarrior
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,076 posts
12,832 battles
38 minutes ago, Spud_butt said:

if trolling was eliminated, the vast majority of my posts would be complaints. just took a 'break' from the forum, well, actually it was a one month _____ that shall not be mentioned nor discussed, and played more instead of reading or posting.

noticed the following:

when I play poorly, and leave battle frustrated, angry and/or raging (you know, the usual) now I watch a replay instead of posting here. while it's still possible to blame MM for the worst teams ever, anywhere, in all of gaming, when you make lots and lots of repeated stupid mistakes, it sort of takes the fire out of those complaints.

after reading thru my posts (something I do NOT recommend for the faint of heart), the vast majority were awesomely stupid. my suggestions were, for the most part, incredibly bad. there is no way any of them would work, except for a few specific battles in which I played well beyond astoundingly bad.

when I have a good battle, one of those really close, fun, hard fought battles that goes down to the wire, with both teams playing well, it's still the most fun I've had in gaming. there are times when I've actually complained about that, specifically that there should be more of them. and what's wrong with perfection? except the cost would probably be prohibitive...

I am nowhere close to being the best player, not even a good one. however, once and a great while I figure out something about the game mechanics, and a ship, that works well. if it works for me, it will work for anybody! going to make an effort to post some of that, and in general try to contribute something positive to the game. pretty sure WG will reward me with better MM and RNG (humor font :o)

as the title states, this is a question. your thoughts are appreciated. 

spud 

I hope you're not trying to change human nature - Chimpanzees throw poo … it's what they do :)

Members
4,438 posts
6,130 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Spud_butt Bravo Sir Halleluiah Amen Brothers and Sisters!  

Finally, finally, someone put up a vid of REAL Down Home MUSIC!  None of this sinful, decadent, modern crap that we usually must be subjected to. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,357 battles

@dmckay $5.00 in a bar juke box to play nothing but ole Hank got me all the bourbon I could take for 1 night!

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles
7 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Spud_butt Bravo Sir Halleluiah Amen Brothers and Sisters!  

Too bad he drank and drugged himself to death while still in his 20s.

"You've got a million-dollar talent, son, but a ten-cent brain." -- Roy Acuff

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,357 battles

@Snargfargle yes it is a shame. I was just an infant when he passed sleeping in his Cadillac with the engine running for the heat. And here I also a musician very nearly did myself in several times before I hit 60 with bourbon, cigarettes and other substances! One occasion was also sleeping on the back seat of a Cadillac!

Members
4,438 posts
6,130 battles

Well golly...he made it pass 27 which was "the year of death" for many 60's rockers. 29 I think he was. He had demons. Some overcome.....some do not. 

Edited by dmckay

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles
9 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

It is easy to complain! 

Though being positive is more helpful and better in the end. Good job OP :)

thank you. wasn't sure how this post was going to go over. 

appreciated the hank Williams! :o)

spud

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

The salt must flow.

But yeah, people often forget that you have to balance the negative with the positive, unfortunately human memory tends to accentuate the negative in an effort to say "REMEMBER THIS! THIS IS IMPORTANT! DON'T DO THIS!"

Sign in to follow this