You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

Open a Sandbox server for CV rework.

17 comments in this topic

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

As title said, this need to happen. Well not right away but allow the public to do multiple tests on the cv reworks while giving feedbacks.

Just like when they did the artillery rework few years ago on their sandbox server. Don't keep it as a close test. It would be a huge mistake

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts

They said they will do a closed beta invite test of the cvs after ST get them for a bit. Keep your eyes open to apply when they get to that point.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,764 posts
12,435 battles

From what I see so far the rework has produced a completely different game An Arcade Flying Sim Shoot em up! It appears to be much like MS Combat Flight Sim 2 & 3 where you control 1 plane from pilot POV to drop bombs are torps which is difficult enough and requires a very good joystick. Except here you are controlling 4 to 9 planes as one from a following POV with keyboard controls. How is that going to work when you have fighters, dive bombers and torpedo bombers in need of control all at once? Multi tasking overload! 

WG you may as well make that another game of Human controlled CVs vs AI bot gunnery ships!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,213 posts
8,798 battles
2 hours ago, MajorRenegade said:

As title said, this need to happen. Well not right away but allow the public to do multiple tests on the cv reworks while giving feedbacks.

Just like when they did the artillery rework few years ago on their sandbox server. Don't keep it as a close test. It would be a huge mistake

Putting them in the PT and keeping it up even when a patch is not imminent would accomplish this. 

31 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

From what I see so far the rework has produced a completely different game An Arcade Flying Sim Shoot em up! It appears to be much like MS Combat Flight Sim 2 & 3 where you control 1 plane from pilot POV to drop bombs are torps which is difficult enough and requires a very good joystick. Except here you are controlling 4 to 9 planes as one from a following POV with keyboard controls. How is that going to work when you have fighters, dive bombers and torpedo bombers in need of control all at once? Multi tasking overload! 

WG you may as well make that another game of Human controlled CVs vs AI bot gunnery ships!

You will only be controlling a single squadron and when that squadron is out of ordnance or all are killed the next squadron will be available.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,764 posts
12,435 battles

@BrushWolf so basically one at a time while the others are getting slaughtered or aimlessly loitering waiting to get slaughtered!

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,951 posts
1,487 battles
2 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@BrushWolf so basically one at a time while the others are getting slaughtered or aimlessly loitering waiting to get slaughtered!

Nope. The entire squadron moves as one. You turn your PoV plane left the whole squadron turns left.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,213 posts
8,798 battles
5 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

2 minutes ago, Carl said:

Nope. The entire squadron moves as one. You turn your PoV plane left the whole squadron turns left.

This, watch the video they have up on Facebook. 

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,768 posts
5,806 battles

I hope they do open testing to the general population to accumulate as much data as possible before going full release.

While I do have some reservations after watching the video I also realize this is basically an ALPHA version of the CV rewrite. It looks promising but the balancing of a CV is like walking a razors edge.

What they have solved:

They have solved the ping issue with fighter strafing, those with no lag have a critical advantage.

CV's can no longer spot over the entire map.

CV's can no longer ruin every DD's match by covering each CAP.

Instant death by cross dropped torps.

What they havent solved:

There will still be unicum individual players in CV's, this cannot be avoided. What can be avoided is CV's divisioning with AA spec'd ships, this is likely a guaranteed win vs a non division CV player.

Top tier CV vs bottom tier ship.....bad news for target.

Bottom tier CV vs top tier AA....bad news for CV.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,213 posts
8,798 battles
2 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

What they havent solved:

There will still be unicum individual players in CV's, this cannot be avoided. What can be avoided is CV's divisioning with AA spec'd ships, this is likely a guaranteed win vs a non division CV player.

Top tier CV vs bottom tier ship.....bad news for target.

Bottom tier CV vs top tier AA....bad news for CV.

There are uncums that play the other ships too. However, currently it doesn't take much of a skill gap for the better CV player to dominate the match.

Top tier CV vs bottom tier is a problem now.

AA is being reworked at the same time so hopefully the scaling issues of planes are addressed too.

Members
1,119 posts
7,262 battles
3 hours ago, MajorRenegade said:

Does no one actually READ what WG puts out... they say quite plainly that they will have an open beta test for this chaange...

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,764 posts
12,435 battles

@Carl I    Will    Type    This    Real     Slow    For     You! 

Not 1 plane at a time! 1 group of planes at a time! While the other groups do what?    Fly around aimlessly? Get slaughtered by enemy planes/AA?  What? This is even more multi tasking than before for nothing more than eye candy and to placate the whiners who wouldn't bother to learn to use CVs and those who want no CVs at all or for CVs to be crippled to useless!

Members
855 posts
3,474 battles
34 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Not 1 plane at a time! 1 group of planes at a time! While the other groups do what?    Fly around aimlessly? Get slaughtered by enemy planes/AA?  What? This is even more multi tasking than before for nothing more than eye candy and to placate the whiners who wouldn't bother to learn to use CVs and those who want no CVs at all or for CVs to be crippled to useless!

CVs are OP right now and ruing matches. They are also unfun and the vast majority of players hate them for both reasons. When they make it so you control planes I think you will find a much larger CV player base. 

• Boring 1

[CO_OP]
Beta Testers
139 posts
2,503 battles

It looks like they just took Battlestation Midway and Pacifics idea 

Members
510 posts
2,839 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Micromanaging will need to be in there in some form. I don't see how it cant be unless planes not under control are completely immune to AA. I also didn't like reading that CV control is 100% autopilot-that needs to be addressed if true.

Edited by ksix

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,703 posts
3,468 battles

They cannot split up the server outside of how they do testing now. It wouldn't give enough data to be useful.

This is going to be fine, and adjusted as needed.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,213 posts
8,798 battles
1 hour ago, ksix said:

Micromanaging will need to be in there in some form. I don't see how it cant be unless planes not under control are completely immune to AA. I also didn't like reading that CV control is 100% autopilot-that needs to be addressed if true.

You will only have one squadron in the air at a time. I don't know if the automatically returning planes will be able to be attacked by AA but they are not under the players control.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,951 posts
1,487 battles
4 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Watch the video, it shows you.

• Cool 1