You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

18 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,958 posts
8,103 battles

Too exhausted from my sister's wedding and dancing on Saturday, so didn't play at all!

Members
238 posts
12,091 battles
4 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Too exhausted from my sister's wedding and dancing on Saturday, so didn't play at all!

This weekend was like most weekends with the same weekend players ....

Members
808 posts
2,610 battles

Was trying to grind out some more xp that I need to get my first tier 10 (Montana). Was using Alabama but was getting nothing but crap matches.

Still trying to figure out this last match. I was fighting an Alaska that was less than 10kms out, full broadside. Fired into her side for barely any damage using ap.

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles

I got 4 more duplicates from 4 anniversary containers... and I only have 4 items to begin with.

image.thumb.png.c5c4e8f686812646b0e0c71c1ce9279c.png

Bruh... This is just unfair

Edited by pewpewpew42

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,848 battles

Decided, yesterday, to play a "few" battles in Nueve de Julio to finish off the Boise mission. Had a ridiculous 5 game losing streak. I usually stop at three but had that tiger by the tail. Finally got one win to close out the night. This morning finished the mission with two quality wins. Boise in port, and free!

Julio is a fun ship. I've not regretted buying her at all. She is now captained by my 30th 19-pt captain.

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles
1 hour ago, DeathLord1969 said:

Was trying to grind out some more xp that I need to get my first tier 10 (Montana). Was using Alabama but was getting nothing but crap matches.

Still trying to figure out this last match. I was fighting an Alaska that was less than 10kms out, full broadside. Fired into her side for barely any damage using ap.

Wait...you saw an Alaska????? I didn't think they were being tested yet...

[SIM]
Members
2,435 posts
4,068 battles

Thursday and Friday I was bed-ridden with flu. Saturday and Sunday I felt a bit better and played Warships. I literally cannot tell you that Saturday and Sunday were better than Thursday and Friday. I think that it’s time to take a break from this game for another couple of months. 

Edited by SkaerKrow

[NDA]
Supertester
4,774 posts
13,589 battles

Saturday I set a new personal Damage Record. 

lLZidg9.jpg

I was in the process of getting my 5th kill when my last surviving team mate in a Yammy rushed a Benson in smoke and at all the torpedoes. 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
9 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Saturday I set a new personal Damage Record. 

Wow, nice match, and sux it was a loss! Congrats and sympathy.

[INTEL]
Members
583 posts
7,324 battles
29 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Saw one as well just a couple of hours ago.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,774 posts
13,589 battles
30 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

:Smile_hiding:

Members
808 posts
2,610 battles
5 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

First time I saw one and he was still alive at the end of the match.

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Wow...Alaska is getting SOONTM  by the second...

Well, I played some Saturday night....maybe I'm getting used to the dumb stuff? It is almost normal to see an Alabama spamming HE at cruisers, yoloing DDs etc. Getting jaded I guess, LOL. 

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

Yesterday night was pretty bad, tonight's also been pretty bad. Are the kids back in school? I hope to get better matches starting tomorrow.

Today's not the weekend but had a loss on Fault Line where one guy was calling me an idiot for asking team to focus on A and B when he wanted more ships to go C. I told him C's not a good idea for larger ships because it's DD alley, and it's narrow so larger ships passing through will waste lots of time giving time for enemy to take A and B and position themselves.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles
7 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Yesterday night was pretty bad, tonight's also been pretty bad. Are the kids back in school? I hope to get better matches starting tomorrow.

Today's not the weekend but had a loss on Fault Line where one guy was calling me an idiot for asking team to focus on A and B when he wanted more ships to go C. I told him C's not a good idea for larger ships because it's DD alley, and it's narrow so larger ships passing through will waste lots of time giving time for enemy to take A and B and position themselves.

A takes too long on that map.  Lots of people go there, and you end up spending the whole game fighting over it.  C on the other hand, people hate it so if you go there, it's usually a sharp, fast fight (win or lose) and the winner usually keeps it most of the game.  In my experience, C /usually/ determines who wins the game.

Members
808 posts
2,610 battles

Well, the last 2 days were just GARBAGE. Had I been living alone, I probably would have destroyed my keyboard & coffee table, it was that bad.

So I uninstalled the game. Wiped out everything WG related, even tanks. Maybe by the weekend I'll do a new install. Too addicted to the game, plus I am close to getting my first tier 10 ship.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,145 posts

I haven't played in several days.   Mostly due to the shakeup in the Co-op meta- why work twice as hard for the same rewards?   But also because of a string of really crappy matches that left me wondering why I even bother.   As in 3 or 4 minutes into the match 2/3 of the team has been wiped out without killing or even seriously damaging a single bot.   Those of us still alive then get gang banged by the entire red team.   I did as much damage as I could, got several kills, but the bot advantages meant I had no real chance at all.   You'd need 100,000 hp, a dcp with a 20 second cooldown, and unlimited heals- and even then it would be dicey, lol.

So I haven't bothered logging on for several days.

I'm considering switching to just ops, and maybe the odd ranked battle, just to keep my hand in it and finish a few things I'm in the middle of.  Eventually the meta will change again, or I'll run out of premium time.   The 30 minute cooldown in Ops is a serious limiting factor, though- and I'm a bit too competetive to just farm ranked for silver and xp w/o worrying about silly things like winning, lol. 

Eventually, even the most hard headed player will stop yolo-ing in because they will get tired of getting squashed like a bug and earning nothing.  Then we can start learning new tricks to deal with the bots' new tricks!   Perhaps WG will  improve the green bots a touch- so having some on your team isn't essentially a guaranteed loss. (currently they're the very worst sort of yoloer...)   Maybe they'll even give us a raise again.  Who knows.

Not sure I'll ever enjoy having to chase the bots around because they refuse to fight, though.