You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
S7CentNickel

One new Premium DD

41 comments in this topic

[MVKS]
Members
118 posts
2,661 battles

I am allowing myself one new Premium DD and can't decide between the T61 & Harekaze since they are both leaving the shop shortly.  Which one do you prefer & why?  Any help would be appreciated.

[ANIME]
Beta Testers
117 posts
3,362 battles

Harekaze, because once it's gone it won't be coming back.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
Just now, TinStarShark said:

This:Smile_great: plus its gun change out ability would be a reason for some.

• Cool 1

[MKF]
Members
399 posts
14,817 battles
8 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

This:Smile_great: plus its gun change out ability would be a reason for some.

You almost get several premiums for one since you can switch up the play style. Definitely don't regret buying mine.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 minute ago, Dath_1 said:

You almost get several premiums for one since you can switch up the play style. Definitely don't regret buying mine.

Yeah, that would be a reason for me, just not in the cards for me - Unless I get one in a Super Container, so I have more of a chance of growing wings on my stern and flying with them!:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLFC]
Members
145 posts
13,473 battles

Just remember with Harekaze you'll be uptiered to tier 10 a lot. Lots of radar and you can run into Kitakaze and Harugumo which will out dps you even if you mount Akizuki guns.

Not saying Harekaze can't be fun to play. You just have to consider the types of matches you'll get when playing Harekaze compared to T-61.

Members
1,114 posts
3,141 battles

Harekaze will uptier better than T61. Sure there's radar but if you know where it is and avoid it you will be able to stay hidden for most of the game since Harekaze is a torpedo boat first. Also will make more credits bscause T8. I'd say Harekaze. 

[NOOOB]
Members
1,436 posts
12,035 battles

Both are good buys, but I have really enjoyed the Harekaze - and the ability to change the guns every so often - especially for captain training - helped train two 19-point captains, one for IFHE and the other a standard build -

Guess it matters if you need assistance in captain training - German or IJN - but you can't really go wrong with either

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,894 posts
3,268 battles

Harekaze, because of those 100mm with 1/4 HE Penetration. Yes it has less health than an Akizuki, but it has more speed, and more torpedoes, even though it has 1 less gun turret. Harekaze is also a great ship for rank play. She's the ship that I used to get to rank 15 (which for this season is when tier 10 rank starts).

She uptiers very well. Some of my best games in her, come from fighting tier 9 and 10 ships. Her stealth is better than all tier 10 ships, and her speed and maneuverability allows her to do things Akizuki Kitakaze and Harugumo aren't able to do, dodge torps from a standing start. Oh yes, one can torpedo beat when trying to get to speed starting from 0 knots (and I don't even have the propulsion modification, that reduces the time it takes the engines to get to full power, mounted on her).

[4HIM]
Members
1,699 posts
3,861 battles

Depends on which DD line you play more.  If you play more IJN torp bote style, the Harry Casey would be the way to go.  T-61 is a decent enough ''hybrid" style.  The Muh' Noggin is a good gunboat that is also adaptable where you lose a turret and gain some much better torps.  So it can play Fairygut gunboat style, or a semi-IJN torp bote.

But if it were me, I'd get the Hairy Cagey.  

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,894 posts
3,268 battles

OH, and Harekaze also has that Camo that gives 50% extra commander experience (4000 doubloon cost, does not come with the purchase), making it a great IJN Captain trainer if you're able to afford it. The non-anime camo (if you don't want the anime) has the same 100% free experience modifier, Anime camo that comes with the purchase.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,769 posts
4,798 battles
1 hour ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Harekaze will uptier better than T61. Sure there's radar but if you know where it is and avoid it you will be able to stay hidden for most of the game since Harekaze is a torpedo boat first. Also will make more credits bscause T8. I'd say Harekaze. 

Not sure how you concluded this. T61 only uptiers to 8, not 10. T-61 is doing far better statistically as well, which includes all battles for both.

T-61 is a very forgiving ship to play. I recommend reading the reviews on Wiki for both, especially Little White Mouse's. 

T61 stats.png

Edited by Thornir

[RST]
Members
325 posts
6,713 battles
1 hour ago, TinStarShark said:

Has it been announced that it is going away forever?  Or is this just belief (by you, or the community?)?

Members
1,114 posts
3,141 battles
34 minutes ago, Thornir said:

Not sure how you concluded this. T61 only uptiers to 8, not 10. T-61 is doing far better statistically as well, which includes all battles for both.

T61 does not have the stealth and torpedo power that Harekaze has if you take into consideration the tier. Harekaze can stay hidden and torp all game much better than T61 can. 

[WOLF6]
Members
1,769 posts
4,798 battles
30 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

T61 does not have the stealth and torpedo power that Harekaze has if you take into consideration the tier. Harekaze can stay hidden and torp all game much better than T61 can. 

T61's detect is 7. Harekaze's is 6.84...which does have longer range torps, but they are slower, and 40% slower to reload.

I accept what you're saying as your  opinion. Overall, the stats show the T-61 as the superior ship in every category. It even does more damage than the Harekaze. LWM called Harekaze a "gudebote", BUT it requires an already accomplished captain to play to its potential. T-61 had no such reservations in her opinion. In fact, she rated it OP.

T61 stats.png

Edited by Thornir

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles
2 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Harekaze will uptier better than T61.

I'm not so sure about that; T-61 uptiers very, very well.

Members
1,114 posts
3,141 battles
7 minutes ago, Thornir said:

T61's detect is 7. Harekaze's is 6.84...which does have longer range torps, but they are slower, and 40% slower to reload.

I can't bleieve you used that as a comparison. No Harekaze's concealment is effectively 6.84. Nobody ever runs IJN  DD without full stealth build. I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously. 

• Bad 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,769 posts
4,798 battles
4 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I can't bleieve you used that as a comparison. No Harekaze's concealment is effectively 6.84. Nobody ever runs IJN  DD without full stealth build. I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously. 

I used the unimproved numbers for both. So it's a fair comparison. They are both obviously better with 10 point captains, cammo, etc.

What about the rest of what I said? Straight off the website. Can you take that seriously? T-61 is the better performing ship. It isn't even close.

Have you played either of them?

Edited by Thornir
  • Cool 1

[ANIME]
Beta Testers
117 posts
3,362 battles
1 hour ago, groomsiebelle said:

Has it been announced that it is going away forever?  Or is this just belief (by you, or the community?)?

The ship is part of a collaboration and once it is done the ship will be pulled from sale.

• Cool 1

Members
1,114 posts
3,141 battles
4 minutes ago, Thornir said:

I used the unimproved numbers for both. So it's a fair comparison. They are both obviously better with 10 point captains, cammo, etc.

What about the rest of what I said? Straight off the website. Can you take that seriously? T-61 is the better performing ship. It isn't even close.

Have you played either of them?

So they follow different playstyles. Harekeaze also gets the concealment module. Harekaze has the stronger torps. Yeah T61 is very strong but so is Harekaze in right hands. I would say that Harekeaze has a higher skill ceiling and makes more credits which is why I recommended it to the OP. Only he can chose what ship he wants though. 

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
2 hours ago, Rumple010 said:

Just remember with Harekaze you'll be uptiered to tier 10 a lot. Lots of radar and you can run into Kitakaze and Harugumo which will out dps you even if you mount Akizuki guns.

Not saying Harekaze can't be fun to play. You just have to consider the types of matches you'll get when playing Harekaze compared to T-61.

You'll get uptiered in T-61 a lot too. I have both. If I could only have one I'd take Harekaze because I prefer stealth torping and I already have a Z-52.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,769 posts
4,798 battles
2 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

So they follow different playstyles. Harekeaze also gets the concealment module. Harekaze has the stronger torps. Yeah T61 is very strong but so is Harekaze in right hands. I would say that Harekeaze has a higher skill ceiling and makes more credits which is why I recommended it to the OP. Only he can chose what ship he wants though. 

Yes, his choice. LWM rates the skill floor as "casual" and the ceiling as "extreme" for the T-61, Harekaze had a skill floor of "challenging". My experience with the T-61 is similar.

The OPs fairly new to DDs. T-61 performs better and is easier to play. That's why I recommend the T-61.

• Cool 1

[RST]
Members
325 posts
6,713 battles
2 hours ago, TinStarShark said:

The ship is part of a collaboration and once it is done the ship will be pulled from sale.

Thanks, makes sense.

Members
3,628 posts
13,419 battles

IMHO, if you're interested in both but can only afford one, get the one that's most likely going away forever.

I have both and they're worth having. T-61 is my favorite tier 6 DD though her guns are kinda meh, but the 61.2 second torp reload is sweet! And Harekaze is second to Lo Yang at tier 8. Lo's a better cap contester but Harekaze's better for long range torpedo attacks.

Edited by ReddNekk