Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
alexf24

More on the new Coop bot improvements

14 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
6,627 posts
25,323 battles

I do not mind it being improved. Several threads have been posted, and I said so there.

What I find incomprehensible is that they replaced the circling CVs with stationary CVs

That is silly and boring.

Yes, the circling behavior was stupid but at least it made you work on aiming, and you did miss a few shots due to the circling CV. Now they just stay there. No brainer to shoot and torp them, even from max range.

Why did they change the program like that? Makes no sense.

• Cool 1

Members
125 posts
2,097 battles

They made the CV stationary and made the other ships kiting, I kind of feeling the difficulty in COOP is kind of lower, cause the bots are not that focus on pushing. So we are more likely to win but takes longer to win. They tend to park broadside on outside of a cap and starting circling around till a point that they decided to kite away, and we spend a lot of time in a game simply chasing a bot running towards map broader.

Edited by Tom_Lin

[BB22]
Members
157 posts
20,144 battles

I think CV's should be required to reach a set speed to launch their aircraft. In WWII what plain could launch off a stopped Carrier?  A WWI Bi plane ?

Members
705 posts
3 minutes ago, xLeadSledx said:

I think CV's should be required to reach a set speed to launch their aircraft. In WWII what plain could launch off a stopped Carrier?  A WWI Bi plane ?

Same reason we don't have broadside slugging matches or 10% hit rates. WoWS is an arcade shooter with boats (basically World of Tanks with ship skins on water). It is not an historically or technically accurate combat simulation, and was never intended to be.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 hour ago, alexf24 said:

I do not mind it being improved. Several threads have been posted, and I said so there.

What I find incomprehensible is that they replaced the circling CVs with stationary CVs

That is silly and boring.

Yes, the circling behavior was stupid but at least it made you work on aiming, and you did miss a few shots due to the circling CV. Now they just stay there. No brainer to shoot and torp them, even from max range.

Why did they change the program like that? Makes no sense.

Yeah, I have to agree. I would a least like them to be returned to the circling behavior or something else beside just sitting there.

[4HIM]
Members
1,705 posts
3,893 battles

I just wish they'd do away with the green bot CV's.  In PvE when you have a bot CV on your side, at the end of the match the red CV has sunk one or two ships and shot down 20+ planes while the green bot CV has shot down less than 10 planes and not sunk a ship.  

• Cool 1

Members
4,452 posts
6,164 battles
1 hour ago, Tom_Lin said:

They made the CV stationary and made the other ships kiting, I kind of feeling the difficulty in COOP is kind of lower, cause the bots are not that focus on pushing. So we are more likely to win but takes longer to win. They tend to park broadside on outside of a cap and starting circling around till a point that they decided to kite away, and we spend a lot of time in a game simply chasing a bot running towards map broader.

Just in a co-op match. Bots were very nonagressive. Some ran to back of their cap. I don't like that. 

Members
17,786 posts
5,084 battles
1 hour ago, xLeadSledx said:

Or a Zero.

You'd also need a given direction too. You can't just steam in any direction you choose to launch planes.

Japanese would have an easier time, as they had lighter planes, and their early carriers actually had a sloped deck, so the planes had a bit of a downhill run to take off.

[WPP]
Members
455 posts
5,100 battles
31 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

I just wish they'd do away with the green bot CV's.  In PvE when you have a bot CV on your side, at the end of the match the red CV has sunk one or two ships and shot down 20+ planes while the green bot CV has shot down less than 10 planes and not sunk a ship.  

I've seen most games with 1 CV doing something, but not both.  Red sits still.  Green usually does.  But the one that kills me is when the bot flies its strike planes over me, gets me spotted with enemy fighters, and then I see its own fighters just hovering over itself.  wth?  

That said, Co Op is better now.  The only issue I really have is that I've managed to lose credits on games that I shouldn't have lost credits with.  Tier X game in my Richelieau, +30% credits flag, 100K damage, 2 kills, 2nd place on my team, no camo, no premium consumables = -5K credits.

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
753 posts
6,842 battles

The bots seem to be even more torp-aware than before. I see them turning the second I launch torps, even from stealth.

It seems to me that with all the recent tweaks to co-op, it's like WG is desperately trying to get co-op players to quit and go into randoms to increase the population for their matchmaker.

I stopped playing randoms because I got tired of looking at the scoreboard 5 mins into games and seeing my team down to 4 surviving ships while the other team only lost 1-2. Too many complete blowouts for me, mostly caused by people in tier 10 BB's that have no clue how to play the game. At least in coop you can usually overcome the bad play from those people....

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,043 posts
8,052 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

On the whole, the changes are good.

^^ Yep this.

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
753 posts
6,842 battles

Except, the last 2 matches I played, the bots are back to making a straight line to the 'weakest' ship, usually the lowest DD....

[XG]
Members
116 posts
2,920 battles
2 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Or the green bot runs out of planes half-way through and just floats around uselessly.

Sign in to follow this