You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

rank 5 and no games?

23 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles

sitting in queue for like 5 min and cant get a game going. (currently 11:34pm) pacific, are there not enough good players reaching rank 5 yet?

• Funny 1

[5D3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,148 posts
4,248 battles
16 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

sitting in queue for like 5 min and cant get a game going. (currently 11:34pm) pacific, are there not enough good players reaching rank 5 yet?

well, i was close, but a 2 day loss streak has me starting completely over. 

Also no, this late at night, there really isn't anyone. 

[BLUMR]
Members
202 posts
2,707 battles

Nope.

Also, be prepared to spam that play again button. Even at peak times there are only a group or two playing. 

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles
4 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Rank 10 is still active and competitive though.

competitive as in roughly one competent teammate/enemy every other game?

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

It's almost like people have given up on playing in frustration this season, who could have guessed?[/sarcasm]

[FML]
Members
1,637 posts
9,912 battles
3 hours ago, jason199506 said:

competitive as in roughly one competent teammate/enemy every other game?

The best environment to shine :)

Tbh, I havent had too much to complain about my teams this season.  I've only failed once, and been carried - but I've been pulling more High Calibres than usual, which has been helping. But yeah, I've only have one utterly garbage team where noone scored over 500 XP.  So I am starting to wonder where all the bad players have gone...

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles
On 9/3/2018 at 7:37 AM, intixw said:

Every new league should be irrevocable.

last season had proved that to be the worst idea ever

people that have no clue how to play but just happened to be carried up there by luck needs to be able to go back down

Edited by jason199506
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[AAA]
Members
403 posts
5,193 battles

I’m not surprised. 

I want rank 10 then I’m out. 

I have games where the team doesn’t talk. 

I had a 60% wr through the first few days in Gearing now teams abandon the dd and I have yet to win a game in a dd since. 

Members
9,875 posts

If you didn't get there early, you may not get there at all....:Smile_teethhappy:

Doesn't help that not even 3k players have even bothered with ranked this season....looks like another new low.

Members
309 posts
22 hours ago, jason199506 said:

people that have no clue house to play but just happened to be carried up there by luck needs to be able to go back down

Why though. Ranked isn't competitive. Real competitive modes don't let people "ranked out".

Given it's not actually competitive, why not make the grind less frustrating? Especially since WG is making the rewards less rewarding by the season anyway.

[INTEL]
Members
754 posts
7,952 battles

I really havent had the urge to play rank at all since I hit rank 10. Hit that last week and I think I've played 3 battles since.

[CAFE]
Members
1,393 posts
10,682 battles
On 9/3/2018 at 2:34 AM, _Dracarys said:

On 9/3/2018 at 4:04 AM, Landsraad said:

It's almost like people have given up on playing in frustration this season, who could have guessed?[/sarcasm]

More like he’s trying to play R5 bracket at almost 3:00 am on a weekday... Welcome to R5; you won’t have a consistent fast queue outside of EST peak hours. This is how it has always been because of the few amount of players that are capable of reaching R5...

Members
542 posts
168 battles
21 hours ago, awiggin said:

If you didn't get there early, you may not get there at all....:Smile_teethhappy:

Doesn't help that not even 3k players have even bothered with ranked this season....looks like another new low.

Yea and I'm sure WG will "claim" it was somehow "amazing" participation or some kind of new high. 

Honesty is a rarity.

• Bad 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,772 posts
9,488 battles

I've gotten completely sick of the inept map design. (Can't we have standard battle modes please?)

I feel like I an well within my right to demand WG publicly apologize for the Sleeping Giant ranked map, among other things.

Who are the people at WG that looked at that map and said, "Yea this is a good idea." "A" cap in randoms is fine and causes all sorts of fun and wacky stuff to happen. Ranked is not the place to make users play Russian Roulette, which is what A cap is in Ranked.

I got that God forsaken trash heap 3 times in a row and quit ranked.

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,570 battles

One of our clan mate already ranked out over the weekend.  lol

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,340 battles
58 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

I've gotten completely sick of the inept map design. (Can't we have standard battle modes please?)

I feel like I an well within my right to demand WG publicly apologize for the Sleeping Giant ranked map, among other things.

Who are the people at WG that looked at that map and said, "Yea this is a good idea." "A" cap in randoms is fine and causes all sorts of fun and wacky stuff to happen. Ranked is not the place to make users play Russian Roulette, which is what A cap is in Ranked.

I got that God forsaken trash heap 3 times in a row and quit ranked.

What I don't really understand is they get a lot of the lower tier maps right, and I'd like to see them just scaled up for high tier.  If the same people are in charge of low *and* high tier map design, it's kind of mind boggling that they get it so right on one end and so wrong on the other.

[SCREW]
Members
538 posts
5,463 battles
On 9/3/2018 at 4:04 AM, Landsraad said:

Played 20 or so games, was getting ptsd flashbacks from last season... Up a star, down a star, up 2stars, down 2 stars.... 3 hours later I was right back where I started..... But I had made a whopping 300k credits... So much progression!

And that's as a 56-57% player, I can only imagine how bad this is for those who usually float around 50% must be pure agony. I've decided that it's just not worth the frustration, I play games to decompress and have fun, I enjoy competitive games, but this I just can't enjoy. Best part is when you're finally up 2 stars and you get an afk in one match followed by a match with 2 yolo suicides..... Just sucks any fun you might have had right out of the game.

But just at come back to the topic after that rant, it wasn't this bad last season, I verry rarely had to wait more than 2 minutes for a match last season even at off hours.

Edited by Sethanas
Android autocorrect is cancer

Members
416 posts

Lots of people complained about there being too many irrevocable ranks last season, but without an irrevocable rank between 12 and 1 there are likely fewer players in the top ranks than normal. With that said, if WG had an irrevocable rank 8 or rank 5, people would complain about that as well. 

[5D3]
1,148 posts
4,248 battles
On 9/3/2018 at 5:44 AM, jason199506 said:

last season had proved that to be the worst idea ever

IDK what ranked you played last season, but it had even less than now. 

[BLUMR]
Members
202 posts
2,707 battles
5 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

Lots of people complained about there being too many irrevocable ranks last season, but without an irrevocable rank between 12 and 1 there are likely fewer players in the top ranks than normal. With that said, if WG had an irrevocable rank 8 or rank 5, people would complain about that as well. 

You're darn right I would.

An irrevocable rank 5 would be the worst. You have any idea how many bad BB players (because of save a star) would just attrition their way up and then stop caring? A lot. Plus there would be a lot of people intentionally trolling the rank 5-2 guys or switching to ships they are terrible in just to grind legendary modules. You need a good 5-10 rank bubble to stop this from happening.