Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Siath70

Shima Torp Turn with special upgrade

6 comments in this topic

[1NJS]
Members
5 posts
3,920 battles

I'm trying to understand how this works.

Default turn time for 180 is 7.2 seconds according to the ship in port.

I put the special upgrade on the shima and now it's 30 seconds? Uh what?

+20% turn time aiming systems mod and +10% for torp arm expert makes the turn time 6 seconds, -80% turn time, 80% of 6 is 4.8, so shouldn't it be 10.8 (11) seconds.

Even if you run the math this way. 7.2 default turn, -80% turn time = 12.96 (13) - +20% for aiming mod = 10.4 (11) - +10% torp arm expert makes it 10 (knocks a second off).

I don't see how this would be anywhere near 30 seconds.

Then I add the mod on my 12km torps 103.3 second reload in port and then 137.7 reload in a match... <- this I really don't understand only torp skill I have is torpedo arm expert

Can some please clarify what is going on here as this makes no sense to me. It looks to me like the math is a bit off on the turn time and such.

What use is the upgrade when it nerfs the turn time so much?

I did search and didn't see anything on this topic.

Edited by Siath70

[LOU1]
Members
2,857 posts
7,992 battles

"The Shimakaze has a 25 degrees per second torp traverse, which is 7.2s for a 180 degree turn.
So with the Unique Upgrade the 25 degrees per second traverse drops to 5 degrees per second traverse and that makes the 180 degree turn 36 sec for the torps. With Aiming Systems mod 1, the Unique Upgrade traverse is 6 degrees per second and that makes the 180 degree turn 30 sec for the torps."

Edited by ExploratorOne

[SPF]
Beta Testers
46 posts
15,876 battles

I can't get to fire any torps on my Shimakaze with the Accelerated Torpedo Tube Reload.

wth is going on?

[WOLF9]
Members
1,022 posts

The legendary upgrades should be renamed the mythical upgrades because, by and large, any improvement is a myth. There are a couple of very minor buffs, then a huge drawback that makes it really not worthwhile. A couple of them are benign, but most of them are nowhere near as useful as the two coats of Mosaic camo you get with them.

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,170 battles
2 hours ago, Killorr said:

I can't get to fire any torps on my Shimakaze with the Accelerated Torpedo Tube Reload.

wth is going on?

With slow firing gun turrets, you sometimes get in a situation where you're maneuvering and the guns are trying to keep up and you never quite get in exactly the right spot where the guns are on your crosshair and they'll fire.  With torpedo tubes turning like a battleship turret, I suspect you may be experiencing the same thing.

Sign in to follow this