Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Viper101

UI Optimization and Port GPU Use

5 comments in this topic

[PNGYN]
Members
490 posts
2,954 battles

It would be nice for some of the UI to be further optimized. As it is right now there is noticeable lag when in port (such as when putting signal flags on your ship). 

Also, GPU utilization cannot be at 100% while in port. There is no reason for it to be so high. 

Those are the only two major suggestions I have.
I'd also like to point out that a lot of other people have commented on how laggy the UI is in port. 

[LOU1]
Members
2,857 posts
7,992 battles

I found that running in any windowed mode throws my GPU utilization up to 100%, even in port.  That started a three or four patches ago.  I solved that by only playing in full screen mode.  When I tested it in the next patch the GPU stayed low in windowed mode.  It is interesting that it has now probably gone back to the high utilization in windowed (or other) mode.  I suspect you are running in windowed mode?

[PNGYN]
Members
490 posts
2,954 battles
54 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I found that running in any windowed mode throws my GPU utilization up to 100%, even in port.  That started a three or four patches ago.  I solved that by only playing in full screen mode.  When I tested it in the next patch the GPU stayed low in windowed mode.  It is interesting that it has now probably gone back to the high utilization in windowed (or other) mode.  I suspect you are running in windowed mode?

I am. 

I will try running it in fullscreen, but generally don't like that as I have dual monitors. Maybe it'll just be something I have to deal with. 

[LOU1]
Members
2,857 posts
7,992 battles

That solved it for me.  I hope you can still use your dual monitors, although from what I've read it has not been possible in the past.  Maybe the utilization will be fixed in the next patch and return to normal in windowed mode.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[PNGYN]
Members
490 posts
2,954 battles

Perhaps, 

And I tried what you suggested and that seemed to do the trick.GPU utilization is down to 50% while in port. \

Sign in to follow this